• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTX| Attack on Titles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tacitus_

Wow those OP spoilers
CqM1j7h.gif

Haikyuu!! 89

Tsuki, Bokuto, and Kuroo are really the three best none lead characters on their team (or I guess Kuroo is kind of the lead since hes paired with Kenma). Then again there is also Oikawa and Iwaizumi. But in event, these three this arc are pretty funny, helping Tsuki along and giving him advice. The panel with Tsuki scaring Bokuto so fast was incredible. If he can be this focused in a match, Tsuki could really be a powerful force against Hinata. I wonder if Tsuki is also being set up to potentially be a leader on the team. Best leadership potential among the first years.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Good mor- *reads One Piece spoilers*

No. Fucking. Way!
This is what the timeskip has been building up to!

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Since I know some people are going to try and cry "asspull!", I refer you to Chapter 589. With the scene where the Revolutionary Army just rescued someone.

one piece 731 huge spoiler

don't click spoiler if you don't want the surprise ruined.

oh shit he finally showed up!
sabo!
luffy's face says it all.

http://i.minus.com/jczvdTKx1F0Ml.png

Oh wow, here we go. A little disappointed
that he really is still alive (wow, that sounds awful but you know what I mean: characters almost never die in One Piece even when their death is significant). I hope he has a good reason for not showing up during Ace's execution and whatnot.

You mean those are real?
image.php

Dude, you can't avatar quote yourself.

Tacitus_

that he really is still alive (wow, that sounds awful but you know what I mean: characters almost never die in One Piece even when their death is significant). I hope he has a good reason for not showing up during Ace's execution and whatnot.

It was obvious as shit that he was alive, given Dragon picking up someone with "horrible injuries" pretty much right after he "died". It was just a question of when and where he would show up.

Korosenai

One Piece

Holy motherfucking shit. Dat Luffy face. This chapter. Hnnnnnggggggggg

What's funny is that we thought the last chapter was crazy hahaha.

Dude, you can't avatar quote yourself.

I don't agree I think his initial death was a cop out considering Ace had just died I always suspected he was still alive and am pleased to be vindicated under the most unexpected circumstances. Awesome.

bjork

Not sure how I feel about that. Kinda could've gone either way on it happening or not happening.

So what's left now?
Aizen's return and Madara tank?

Tacitus_

More translations from /a/, not sure how legit but seems to fit in with the images
Barto was telling luffy he can get the mera mera no mi for him.
Sabo appeared and say "im not handling the mera mera no mi to you strawhat"
Barto replied how dare you speak rudely to luffy sempai! He is the brother of fire fist ace and the future pirate king, you idiot!
Sabo pushed him away and say I already knew all that.

Conversation with koala:
Koala said she thinks robin is in this country too, she misses her and want to see her. You found him too? Thats great!
Sabo said yes.. I thought he's gonna punch me if he sees me
Koala: hmm.. You cried?
Sabo: why could i be crying!!
Koala: even if you were there, is there anything that could be changed? Nobody can tell
Sabo: yup.. Let me know ift there is any news from underground. Regardless, i am getting ace's mera mera no mi back!!

Tacitus_

What's with the attitude? Is that sarcasm?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I can't read chinese, but here's a second version of that from /a/

Bart: SENPAI PLEASE PUT YOUR WORRIES TO REST! LEAVE THE MERA MERA NO MI TO LITTLE ME.

Right from the start I planned to give it to you! The treasure that once belonged to Ace is rightfully yours!

Luffy: REALLY?! You are really going to give it to me?

Bart: THAT GOES WITHOUT SAYING. IT BELONGS RIGHTFULLY IN YOUR HANDS.

Luffy: Roosterhead, your voice is getting weird.

Second panel middle right
Bart: JUST LEAVE EVERYTHING TO ME!
Bellamy: Why is your voice like a little girl's?
Luffy: REALLY? You really saved me a lot of trouble!

Middle panel left
"The Mera Mera no Mi isn't going to be yours, Luffy."

Bottom left panel
Bart: "Huuuuuuuuh? You bastard, who do you thi-"

Bottom right panel
Bart: "The fuck do you think you are, telling Luffy-senpai what he can or cannot have? He is THAT LEGENDARY PIRATE ACE'S LITTLE BROTHER AND THE PERSON WHO WILL SIT ON THE THRONE OF THE PIRATE KING."

E: random notes from the same guy who translated the above bit

Bellamy has really reformed.
Dellinger was trying to kill off Bellamy even AFTER receiving new orders from Diamente, who remarked that killing Bellamy was taking too long and just go and help Lao G.
Robin does not get all the hype that Franky, the dwarves, and Ussop are going through.
Zoro thinks Luffy came down with a disease, because Luffy wouldn't stop crying.

Jigolo

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Bart: SENPAI PLEASE PUT YOUR WORRIES TO REST! LEAVE THE MERA MERA NO MI TO LITTLE ME.

Right from the start I planned to give it to you! The treasure that once belonged to Ace is rightfully yours!

Luffy: REALLY?! You are really going to give it to me?

Bart: THAT GOES WITHOUT SAYING. IT BELONGS RIGHTFULLY IN YOUR HANDS.

Luffy: Roosterhead, your voice is getting weird.

Second panel middle right
Bart: JUST LEAVE EVERYTHING TO ME!
Bellamy: Why is your voice like a little girl's?
Luffy: REALLY? You really saved me a lot of trouble!

Middle panel left

Bottom left panel
Bart: "Huuuuuuuuh? You bastard, who do you thi-"

Bottom right panel
Bart: "The fuck do you think you are, telling Luffy-senpai what he can or cannot have? He is THAT LEGENDARY PIRATE ACE'S LITTLE BROTHER AND THE PERSON WHO WILL SIT ON THE THRONE OF THE PIRATE KING."

Ok If my Chinese is still up to par, this sounds about right. /joking

No but really, this reads pretty well for a rough translation

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

That one sentence changes everything. Not sure which translation is correct, but it's quite a huge difference.
This translation makes Sabo sound less formal and distant, whereas saying "Strawhat" makes it sound like it's someone he won't refer to by name. In the other translation he also said that there was no way he would let Luffy get the fruit, while here it sounds more like he has a reason to say so. We'll have to wait to see which translation is more accurate. If it's the former, then maybe Sabo has changed his attitude a lot.

Tacitus_

That one sentence changes everything. Not sure which translation is correct, but it's quite a huge difference.
This translation makes Sabo sound less formal and distant, whereas saying "Strawhat" makes it sound like it's someone he won't refer to by name. In the other translation he also said that there was no way he would let Luffy get the fruit, while here it sounds more like he has a reason to say so. We'll have to wait to see which translation is more accurate. If it's the former, then maybe Sabo has changed his attitude a lot.

I'm putting my faith in the tripcode guy. He just posted this:

First widescreen panel
Zoro: I was looking all over for you! And why are you crying all over the place/can't stop crying?!

Luffy (not depicted but bawwwing sounds): Uooooohhhh ~~~ uuuuuuu

Little square text box in top left corner: In front of the Corrida Colosseum (outside)

Middle Major Panel
Frog : It seems like even the Navy Admiral was fooled into thinking that we were just another group of toys that are everywhere in this country.
Zoro in cat suit: YOU ALMOST BLEW OUR DISGUISES BECAUSE YOU CHOSE SUCH WEIRD COSTUMES!? You have such weird tastes in animals.
Samurai: Oh? But I chose something that blended in! Especially Luffy's special carp! (It's special because he goes into detail about the colors of the carp)
Luffy: uuuuuoooooh ~~~ uuuuu~ cough cough cough uuuuuu (coughing from crying so much, like Bon Clay parting at Impel Down level much)

Bottom left panel
Zoro: ARE YOU DONE CRYING YET LUFFY?
DO YOU WANT TO SAVE LAW OR NOT?

Luffy: uuuuuu~

Bottom right panel

Luffy speaks in short pauses because still sniffing: must save Tora-guy ... and SEND DOFLAMINGO FLYING ... the Mera Mera no Mi is no longer a problem

Zoro: then what is YOUR PROBLEM?

bjork

So what the fuck. How are you gonna have OP spoilers but not the other two? The fuck? They're in the same mag for christ's sake.

Bleach

nothing happens
just like every week
because bleach is boring
until aizen returns

Naruto
talk no jutsu
confusing panels
the heart of the cards
but in ninja form
where is tenten

Status