• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTX| Attack on Titles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
UQ Holder

Sorry, guys, but this entire series is boring so far. There's nothing going on other than Touta being generic as all fuck and a bunch of annoying arrogant-guy adult men standing around doing cool-guy poses like Noctis's crew in the FF15 promo shots.

Literally the only even semi-interesting plot point is Kuromaru's gender, which apparently is already wrapped up (she is just going to say she's was a girl but had a male demon sealed in her or whatever to make her immortal).

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
"Bleach sucks/One Piece rules" and vice-versa are not takes. Its just zero or low content trolling. You're all going to get banned before the chapter if you guys keep it up.

Just woke up to all the spoiler madness for OP can't wait to read the chapter .

"Bleach sucks/One Piece rules" and vice-versa are not takes. Its just zero or low content trolling. You're all going to get banned before the chapter if you guys keep it up.

Would think after all these years people here would get tired of it .

OP sounds interesting

now I have a nice amount of chapters to go through now

UQ Holder

Sorry, guys, but this entire series is boring so far. There's nothing going on other than Touta being generic as all fuck and a bunch of annoying arrogant-guy adult men standing around doing cool-guy poses like Noctis's crew in the FF15 promo shots.

Literally the only even semi-interesting plot point is Kuromaru's gender, which apparently is already wrapped up (she is just going to say she's was a girl but had a male demon sealed in her or whatever to make her immortal).

Sounds dissapointing

uNPP8Gh.jpg

Shokugeki no Soma 51

Probably because of her eye design, but I keep being reminded of Hex Maniac whenever I see this girl.

Will end up calling her that from now on.

Angry Grimace

Sounds dissapointing

It is, mostly because the hook was figuring out whatever the fuck happened in Negima, but its mostly been completely irrelevant. The main character is the most basic stereotypical hot-blooded shonen "because-he-has-friends!" guy ever.

Would think after all these year people here would get tired of it .

There's a difference between a heated argument that is about manga and an argument that is about telling someone else to fuck off.

Shokugeki no Soma 51

Probably because of her eye design, but I keep being reminded of Hex Maniac whenever I see this girl.

When they first showed her, I thought she kinda looked like Tomoko, but now she just looks like a Hex Maniac.

It is, mostly because the hook was figuring out whatever the fuck happened in Negima, but its mostly been completely irrelevant. The main character is the most basic stereotypical hot-blooded shonen "because-he-has-friends!" guy ever.

didn't he push the negima teasing stuff in the beginning also, almost like he used it just to get those fans.

Now, now, no need for the bow and arrow

haha

gamma radiation for the win though

Angry Grimace

didn't he push the negima teasing stuff in the beginning also, almost like he used it just to get those fans.

haha

gamma radiation for the win though

The very first chapter established Evangeline as an important character and that Touta had some kind of relationship with Negi. Then nothing.

Conan-san

elDLIVE 1

Eh, I'm in two minds about this, one; it's nice to see full colour manga (is that a thing for this? I imagine being the dood(ete?) who did Reborn! comes with having a hefty bank account so taking one's sweet time with it could be just something that's going on) but in the other, in spite it being 50 some pages, it felt rushed to heck and back.

I think this is one for Cautious Optimism.

UQ Holder! 15

I just want him to go to the tower already and leave everyone else behind.

At least then there's a greater chance of something interesting happening.

Last few chapters have just been dull.

Kyuur

I'm actually surprised he didn't end it after the resolution of the last arc. though I like the initial idea of where he's going with the next arc and will be happy to read it when it comes out.

I am surprised as well. Gon and Killua's story is essentially over.

In a heartbeat 1
tumblr_mxm1koPc431qbxqfpo1_500.png

Oh a genre I love on mangabox, nice. Even more its my favorite theme of childhood friend in love but so tragic that he had to starting questioning his orientation and then move away and never confess his feelings :(. Now in the present day, I hope they meet up somehow (though the marriage issue is there,maybe it was a lie?).

Angry Grimace

UQ Holder! 15

I just want him to go to the tower already and leave everyone else behind.

At least then there's a greater chance of something interesting happening.

Last few chapters have just been dull.

The problem is that the only semi-interesting characters are Evangeline (who we already know) and Kuromaru. Touta is uninteresting until we find a better motivation for him to go to the Tower. 100% of the UQ Holder characters are uninteresting.

elDLIVE 1

Eh, I'm in two minds about this, one; it's nice to see full colour manga (is that a thing for this? I imagine being the dood(ete?) who did Reborn! comes with having a hefty bank account so taking one's sweet time with it could be just something that's going on) but in the other, in spite it being 50 some pages, it felt rushed to heck and back.

I think this is one for Cautious Optimism.

It and another manga in the JUMP Live digital magazine of sorts in JPN received full colour chapters and actual volume release. I hope Akira Amano is also doing another series again, I love her designs for eLDLIVE and the base concepts for characters designs of Psycho Pass, but Id love another full scale weekly action manga from her.

Second season of eLDLIVE should be in a few weeks, so even more chapters!.

upandaway

So, Fate/Zero is pretty cool.
Yeah it's really neat. Still holding out hope for Heaven's Feel adaption of the same quality.

Attack on Titan 52

So.. there was like half of the entire chapter missing from the previous translation. I'm pretty much lost on the whole Historia situation but what's new, right. I have a feeling that we'll have dialogue chapters for a while.

Shokugeki no Soma 51

Yeah the similarity is crazy. I was internally referring to her as that for the whole chapter. Hex Maniac is the best trainer type too, so all the better.

The problem is that the only semi-interesting characters are Evangeline (who we already know) and Kuromaru. Touta is uninteresting until we find a better motivation for him to go to the Tower. 100% of the UQ Holder characters are uninteresting.

I'm willing to give UQ guys a chance until we know more about them.

But your right about Touta being uninteresting.

His idiocy is tiring quickly and he needs a wake up call badly.

Angry Grimace

I'm willing to give UQ guys a chance until we know more about them.

But your right about Touta being uninteresting.

His idiocy is tiring quickly and he needs a wake up call badly.

He's just Goku/Natsu/Luffy/Naruto/insert overly stupid, plucky protaganist who is obsessed with their friends.

Akainu

UQ Holder

It does suck. The only way this could get interesting if someone starts killing off the immortals.

Angry Grimace

It does suck. The only way this could get interesting if someone starts killing off the immortals.

I mean, pretty much every other shonen series has a hook, but this barely does. There's no indication Negima's plot will ever become relevant and it would have been just fine to have the series open with Evangeline teaching Touta how to fight instead of having us actually watch him learn Flash Stepping.

Even in say, Naruto, we learn that he's a child-soldier in a world where everyone despises him for the Demon Fox, but he wants to prove himself on missions. Luffy wants to be the Pirate King, get a crew and find One Piece. I have no fucking clue what Touta's purpose is - he wants to go the tower, but we don't even know why and he doesn't seem like he's all that in a hurry. There's no world building. It just seems like Akamatsu's plan here is to forego world building by assuming you picked it up from Negima. But the problem with that is that nothing from Negima is apparently relevant anymore.

upandaway

Is stay night worth watching?
I heard really bad things. I loved all the routes in the VN so I don't know how much they messed with it. If they had adaptions like F/Z it would be worth watching.

The manga might be good, but I never checked it out and it's stuck in translation halfway through, so yeah.

Akito

God no, it's a terribly animated trainwreck. If you don't want to play the game, even reading the synopsis for it would be better than watching FSN. And don't even think about watching the Unlimited Blade Works movie without having played the game.

2 years and no Hunter X Hunter :(

Maybe he will start back when the anime done :(

Togashi: *laughs*

The very first chapter established Evangeline as an important character and that Touta had some kind of relationship with Negi. Then nothing.

kinda short for a bait and switch. Usually it straddles for a bit longer than that

Nope.

Play the VN instead

Angry Grimace

Togashi: *laughs*

kinda short for a bait and switch.

Not sure what you mean by that. You'd have to count Negima's non-ending and the fact that the tower was created in Negima (although I barely even remember exactly why/how).

Its too early to say its actually a bait-and-switch, but right now there's very little concrete, rather than spiritual, connection to Negima.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom