• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTY| Creatively Bankrupt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Inu Yashiki 25

8uymwFC.gif

YEAAAHHHHHHHHH

But I don't see how Fairy Tail can get any better.
starting to think only reason fairy tail even got popular in the first place is because them girls and their ecchi moments. I've read better fights and story in bleach ffs. Bleach!

I will most likely stick with it to the end since I usually finish what I read but once it ends, i will sell off w/e manga i have of it. Just gonna focus the money on Negima! collection and Yu-Gi-Oh! instead. I don't keep manga that isn't worth keeping.

and on subject of Yu-Gi-Oh!, Yugi pre tcg best yugi.
I do understand what you mean though. I was so close to dropping it after the Hades arc. Just clear space for mangas that deserve to be in your collection.
This is why I just drop it and read the last chapter if I'm still curious.

But 9 out of 10 times I'm not even curious.

Hmm interesting. My best friend does this but I don't bother.

Nanatsu no Taizai 113

I was beginning to thing the artists were high when they drew Meliodas' wanted poster. New revelations.

Caste Heaven 4 & 5

Loved the main story and their conclusion. This second couple is doing good too. I like how the game allows them to evade being bullied in this cruel system.

I hope they get some good romance too. Probably wont be as good and deep as the first but it seems a bit sweeter.

I like how this bl did create quite a few fans making AUs for lots of other series using the caste heaven system, great for Haikyuu.

It feels nice playing games that actually make me stop and think like Advance Wars and Code Name S.T.E.A.M instead of the usual mowing down everyone in my way.

Fuuka has been okay, even with the stagnant chapters for couple weeks. Hopefully Seo doesn't fuck it up.

tumblr_inline_nitg3qsZMg1qkpnrw.gif

Robotics;Notes - Revival Legacy 07

Blah, blah, parents drama.

Man, it's funny how I thought I would like the robot building and dislike the virtual stuff but its basically a complete reverse here.

Kingdom 419

Shouheikuuuuuun!

This was coming for a while, he would always often help out in some way and now he is directly helping. Not surprised at all.

dani_dc

Mudazumo Naki Kaikaku 50-54

What happened to this series?
We went from world leaders and Nazis having over the top mahjong games with ridiculous scenarios to boring internal politics with a main cast of original characters. I can barely motivate myself to keep going now.
I seen the anime a long time ago. Is the manga much better?
Depends of your definition of better.
I haven't seen the anime, but I hear it didn't adapt the entire manga, so it's likely missing the best part of the manga which was the last arc.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Anime going the way of cartoon network.

Soon everything will be Live Action.

Thanks Kurita.

Turok_TTZ

Live action? ugh...
Nobody appreciates quality 2D animation anymore.

That netflix LoZ live action series on gaming side...

ugh.

Have you not played Tomb Raider DE?

Definitive Edition?

Then no.

I only played the regular one.

And the only time I had to actually think in that game, was when I tried a Bow only playthrough.

Thanks Kurita.

Then everything will bomb spectacularly, corporate will realize how badly they fucked up, and go back to concentrating on quality shows that resemble Adventure Time.

Zweizer

Banned
How well do these live action adaptations do generally? It sure doesn't seem to be stuff that'd lit the charts on fire.

Turok_TTZ

I want to buy more manga but my beloved is giving me cold glares as we text. what to do?

maybe I will relent and let her buy her god damn firearms.

Kurita

How well do these live action adaptations do generally? It sure doesn't seem to be stuff that'd lit the charts on fire.

Ao Haru Ride's movie opened at #1 at the box office, Kenshin's movies printed money...
I mean, they're not seen as a different kind of movies made for die-hard fans or something, high profile actors or rising stars have roles in them so...
They're like movies based on books. People will see them even if they've never read the source material.

Turok_TTZ

And now I know you're american.

The obvious solution is to buy a manga about firearms.
Im a mexican american living in texas. never hid that iirc.

I'm not comfortable with her owning guns.
She is not like other women. Most women abhor violence, my wife can't get enough of violence. she is a violent but loving person.

Worst case scenario i'll have her tag along with me on my jobs but I want her to steer clear from danger as well as stopping her from seeking trouble. It's difficult to try to help someone you love to transition into a peaceful life when her previous was anything but.

Zweizer

Banned
Ao Haru Ride's movie opened at #1 at the box office, Kenshin's movies printed money...
I mean, they're not seen as a different kind of movies made for die-hard fans or something, high profile actors or rising stars have roles in them so...
They're like movies based on books. People will see them even if they've never read the source material.

I see. I wasn't expecting them to be mainstream, but your points are valid. I did hear about the Kenshin movies' success, but I thought it was an outlier.

She is not like other women. Most women abhor violence, my wife can't get enough of violence. she is a violent but loving person.

Worst case scenario i'll have her tag along with me on my jobs but I want her to steer clear from danger as well as stopping her from seeking trouble. It's difficult to try to help someone you love to transition into a peaceful life when her previous was anything but.

To be honest I don't see owning firearms would be a good thing. Does she has any interests or hobbies? Maybe you could have her read some soothing manga, like Yotsuba&!.

Frog-fu

Banned
Vinland Saga 30-50

OK, I took some advice, stuck with it. It seems the real plot is kicking in. The manga reminds me more and more of Vikings (though I dropped that after season 1). Thorfinn still doesn't have much going for him outside in terms of character development and motivations. Aside from revenge, there isn't much else.

With the exception of Prince
ss(?)
Canute has turned his shit around and even subjected Thorkell, which I found impress.

Askeladd deserves the most gruesome death ever. He is a cunt through and through. I want Thorfinn to take his sweet time carving him up. No matter what he does, nothing will redeem him or his band of cunts for massacring the village. That kind of shit still actually bothers me when I read seinen manga. I suppose it's a good thing I haven't been desensitised to it.

Kingdom 419

I'm still adjusting to having to wait for weekly updates. I love this manga so damn much. I wish I could binge read through it again.

Ryō Fū I's days are numbered. That motherfucker though he was slick, but Shō Hei Kun knows what's up and the tides are turning against that smug prick.

Fair Tail 419

Damn it. Natsu's new hairdo was legit awesome. Made him look so much more feral and badass.

Also: Cancer took Natsu's hair.
I'm going to hell for this, aren't I?

dani_dc

That was just a jab at Americans and firearms, don't worry about it.

Though I'm siding with Zweizer on his comment, get her Yotsba and have her see the wonders of the world!

I do wish all the best for her transition though, it's never easy to help a person change certain aspects of their life.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
It feels nice playing games that actually make me stop and think like Advance Wars and Code Name S.T.E.A.M instead of the usual mowing down everyone in my way.
SRPGs da bes. I don't play nearly enough of them.

Thanks Kurita.
Wait, cartoon network stopped airing cartoons?! Noooooo, they were basically the last channel that still did!

I'm assuming she's seen some serious shit, but I won't ask you to clarify that any more than you are comfortable to. I don't think getting her firearms is in her best interest, since she's thrill seeking and that won't solve the underlying problem. Have you tried video games? Or even the oculus rift?

edit: I mean video games like Katamari Damacy or Animal Crossing to help mellow her out or get her hooked on something other than violence to express herself, not shooters. For Oculus Rift, I was talking about those simulations by the beach and stuff. Alternatively, painting or something you can do together.

Revo

Tsugumomo 11-15

last chapter was a lot more creepy than funny. like incredibly more creepy.
Series probably has too much loli fanservice for my taste.

Turok_TTZ

I appreciate sentiment.

She is liking the manga I try to get her to read as well as regular novels. She likes the to read often since she had very little chance to do so prior to meeting me.

She has already seen much of the world because of her previous occupation. I tried to get her into video games with little success, tried to get on tv shows with even less success.

Maybe I'll just need to not worry so much.
I talk with her often about it so she understands my views.

edit: nope. not a chance in hell about painting. tried that but she always makes a gory, violent picture so I figured that was counter productive.

Zweizer

Banned
Tsugumomo 11-15

last chapter was a lot more creepy than funny. like incredibly more creepy.
Series probably has too much loli fanservice for my taste.

The fanservice never goes away, so it's best to get used to it. The manga does get more interesting, despite it.

I appreciate sentiment.

She is liking the manga I try to get her to read as well as regular novels. She likes the to read often since she had very little chance to do so prior to meeting me.

She has already seen much of the world because of her previous occupation. I tried to get her into video games with little success, tried to get on tv shows with even less success.

Maybe I'll just need to not worry so much.
I talk with her often about it so she understands my views.

It's great that you're caring so much for her~

Nice that she likes manga as well~

Revo

The fanservice never goes away, so it's best to get used to it. The manga does get more interesting, despite it.

Does it at least never go back to the concentration creepiness level? I guess I'm fine with the washing and stuff but the concentration stuff was quite bad.

Zweizer

Banned
Does it at least never go back to the concentration creepiness level? I guess I'm fine with the washing and stuff but the concentration stuff was quite bad.

The creeper deity? There's more risqué stuff afterwards, though arguably not at his level. I'd say, if you feel too uncomfortable reading it, it's better to just drop it.

Turok_TTZ

she is coming over as this current job is bs. I'm tired of sitting here all day waiting for something that is clearly not happening.

Good thing there is a barnes and noble nearby.
Maybe I can try to get her to read Sailormoon or find for her another novel to read.

Maybe I can buy my manga whilst getting her something to read too... To kill a mockingbird or great expectations...

Meanwhile I read mob psycho 100.

the fraud master is very talented for one being a conman. Though Mob is very gullible to think him a psychic master.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom