• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTY| Creatively Bankrupt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Usobuko

Banned
Vinland Saga 29

I'm considering dropping this manga. There isn't a single sympathetic character in it. It's just a manga about terrible people doing terrible things. I don't need my protagonists to be paragons or even good guys necessarily, but I'd like to not want to see him and his band of cunts to die a horrible death.

I dropped a lot of manga regardless how popular and / or acclaimed they were. If the stories don't click and became a chore to read or if you find them to be too repulsive, by all means drop them. In such cases, I always prioritize how I feel about the manga over other's opinions.

That said, I think you should read on before doing so. It's not very far from a major development and you are likely to welcome what's ahead. This is not like The World Is Mine where there is absolutely no redeemable qualities for the duo protagonists. Shit ending aside, I actually like how unabashed their characterizations were.

LeleSocho

Banned
I still have this!

ulxmsv.png

But i can't get mad at panda...

rrc1594

KIMI NO IRU MACHI is about to make my head exploded. All them are so fucking stupid.

Fuck you Haruto, Asuka deserved way better.

Revo

Law of Ueki v8

I would have liked the Ueki v Sano fight in probably a different series but everything feels so god damn bad that even a good fight like this sucks terribly.

rrc1594

KIMI NO IRU MACHI END

What was the point of them breaking-up towards the end of the manga just to get back together. It did nothing for the plot and just prolong the ending of this cluster fuck of a manga.

Asuka>Akari>Rin>Yuzuki

O yeah I like how this manga made me try feel bad for a person, using their illness to steal someone's girl. If I was Haruto I would of been like fuck Kyousuke

Online The Comic 24

Being in an MMO is kind of scary when its ghost. Especially since you cant see them or even know how to damage them. Then if you try it only does like one damage.

Turok_TTZ

...Why did I start reading Fairy Tail again?

Mashima, ye learning from Kubo school of writing?

Maybe I should just drop it. Time to pick up mob psycho 100.

...Why did I start reading Fairy Tail again?

Mashima, ye learning from Kubo school of writing?

Maybe I should just drop it. Time to pick up mob psycho 100.
Don't drop it. I mean, why go through the trouble of catching up to just drop it? I finish a manga to the end. Even if it's disappointing. It sucks that actually good manga aren't updated frequently
Hunter x Hunter ;_;

Turok_TTZ

Don't drop it. I mean, why go through the trouble of catching up to just drop it? I finish a manga to the end. Even if it's disappointing. It sucks that actually good manga aren't updated frequently
Hunter x Hunter ;_;
But I don't see how Fairy Tail can get any better.
starting to think only reason fairy tail even got popular in the first place is because them girls and their ecchi moments. I've read better fights and story in bleach ffs. Bleach!

I will most likely stick with it to the end since I usually finish what I read but once it ends, i will sell off w/e manga i have of it. Just gonna focus the money on Negima! collection and Yu-Gi-Oh! instead. I don't keep manga that isn't worth keeping.

and on subject of Yu-Gi-Oh!, Yugi pre tcg best yugi.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Hunter x Hunter ;_;
This is why I just drop it and read the last chapter if I'm still curious.

But 9 out of 10 times I'm not even curious.

Toaru Ossan no VRMMO Katsudouki 6-7

Fairies are cute. I'm surprised that we finally get to see what the MC's face in real life looks like. I'm not sure why that happened, I thought the point of not seeing his face was the juxtaposition of "this is just a game" and "interpreting a hero, when it's really just NPC #6".

Anyway, hopefully he doesn't get a fairy at all.

Quixzlizx

Girls of the Wild's 175

STOP THE FIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT!

KIMI NO IRU MACHI END

What was the point of them breaking-up towards the end of the manga just to get back together. It did nothing for the plot and just prolong the ending of this cluster fuck of a manga.

Asuka>Akari>Rin>Yuzuki

O yeah I like how this manga made me try feel bad for a person, using their illness to steal someone's girl. If I was Haruto I would of been like fuck Kyousuke

Yeah, that last arc was just a stupid waste of time.

You can always just read the sexy alternate chapter of your favorite and pretend that's canon. Rin da best Eba.

Zweizer

Banned
KIMI NO IRU MACHI END

Asuka>Akari>Rin>Yuzuki

Read Suzuka next. And then Fuuka.

Turok_TTZ

reading a little mob psycho 100, why haven't i picked up on this before?

I need to stop reading and posting. i should be working but Atm nothing is going on so...

dani_dc

KIMI NO IRU MACHI END

Asuka>Akari>Rin>Yuzuki

The series was more or less over after Haruto went back to Yuzuki, it didn't need to last as long as it did.

The break-up was moronic, Haruto spent years putting Yuzuki over everything else and never particularly cared for work, I don't believe for a second he would break up with Yuzuki over dropping out of his job and looking for something else, it was completely out of character for Haruto to do what he did.

Fuck Kyousuke and fuck Yuzuki for pity dating someone. Awful decisions from both.

Good ranking overall as well. I would accept Rin over Akari as well.

dani_dc

Kingdom 419

So Shouhei changed sizes under Ryofui beard. A bit unexpected, but he was always someone true to his position, so I can see him changing sides to See after seeing he was a capable king.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom