• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTY| Creatively Bankrupt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Himouto Umaru-chan

Just saw this one pop on some posts here. Got me curious and heck that was enjoyable! Gonna put this one on my weekly update list.

Is the author drunk or he just erased something after ch.89?

No, there's just a random cliffhanger that doesn't get resolved.

random25

Mmm...my general assumption about it is
that the series is about Umaru, not her brother and Ebina. So, with few exceptions, the only viewpoint we're privy to is Umaru's and usually the only exceptions are to show when Umaru's assumptions are wrong. So I could see the author thinking he'd show that something happened between Ebina and Taihei, but only let the audience know what it was if and when Umaru finds out.

Makes sense, but it should've just ended much clearer so that they can go back to the regular scheduled program without some weird cliffhangers.
e.g. Ebina in the end got hesitant and just stopped right there, etc.

No, there's just a random cliffhanger that doesn't get resolved.

Hahaha I agree. I expected ch.90 to have the concluding part and the author just said NOPE.

14-sai no Koi 23.7 (I hate the numeration in this manga)

wuCc8pf.png
My only weakness! etc

Hah hah the framing here is great
http://i.imgur.com/EnEK0zZ.png
it strengthens the feeling of closeness, trapped between the glass and her, and she looks a bit yandere-like.

14-sai no Koi 24

The artist is on a roll with the smug faces, isn't she?

Bah, the warning was just a troll, a bit too soon April's joke.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Fuuka

Fuuka2 gets bodied by the critic guy. The evil band is obviously gonna win again anyways, but then they'll impress the critic guy with their gumption and shit. And obviously Yuu will turn on everyone in his harem, yet again.

In all reality, I imagine the band would already get signed on curiosity alone - the guitarist is the sister of a member of the (apparently) most popular rock band in the country and Yuu got famous for Koyuki being after his D.

VRMN

Fuuka

Fuuka2 gets bodied by the critic guy. The evil band is obviously gonna win again anyways, but then they'll impress the critic guy with their gumption and shit. And obviously Yuu will turn on everyone in his harem, yet again.

The series is still hilariously bad, but the one thing that struck me was actually the chapter before this one. New Fuuka, whose given name is Aoi, reacts to Yuu calling her Aoi by saying "call me Fuuka" and him going "I can't do that."

Is it just me, or was that really weird and awkward even by Seo standards? She's basically going "you're being too familiar" but she's calling him by given name too...it kind of made no sense.

Caught up to the recent chapters in Minamoto-kun Monogatari. Come on yandere girl, don't just sit there and make your move.

Next thing on my plate I guess is Ana Satsujin. I'm several chapters behind.

Angry Grimace

The series is still hilariously bad, but the one thing that struck me was actually the chapter before this one. New Fuuka, whose given name is Aoi, reacts to Yuu calling her Aoi by saying "call me Fuuka" and him going "I can't do that."

Is it just me, or was that really weird and awkward even by Seo standards? She's basically going "you're being too familiar" but she's calling him by given name too...it kind of made no sense.

She's not saying "you're too familiar," she's asking him to be more familiar. She's supposed to be outgoing like Akitsuki and she's also obviously hot for his nuts.

I'm no Seo fan, but so far I think its better than either KNIM or Suzuka, but I sort of like the band setting.

Furyous

ReLife

Let's speculate on the truth behind this series and what could happen.

I think the experiment is going to turn disastrous and Arata loses his memories after accidentally revealing the experiment. He uses this dream to become a better person or he could wind up getting stuck as a 17 year old allowing him to relive life. What does the foreshadowing about subject number 1 mean?

VRMN

She's not saying "you're too familiar," she's asking him to be more familiar. She's supposed to be outgoing like Akitsuki and she's also obviously hot for his nuts.

But...he's calling her by her given name. Isn't calling her by her family name less familiar? (Did he do some stupid shit where she said her friends call her Fuuka and I just missed it?)

Angry Grimace

But...he's calling her by her given name. Isn't calling her by her family name less familiar? (Did he do some stupid shit where she said her friends call her Fuuka and I just missed it?)

Her given name is Fuuka, her family name is Aoi. Same as Akitsuki, her given name was Fuuka, her family name was Akitsuki.

Both the scanner and the official source are listing names Western style in this series.

VRMN

Her given name is Fuuka, her family name is Aoi. Same as Akitsuki, her given name was Fuuka, her family name was Akitsuki.

Both the scanner and the official source are listing names Western style in this series.
You're right, for whatever reason I thought it was the other way around. Not sure why. Maybe I just read her intro chapter and thought the names were Japanese ordered.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Minamotokun Monogatari 160, 161

He did the thing! And he did it for quite a while.
Maybe next time he'll actually get past the first step.

Quasar

ReLife

Let's speculate on the truth behind this series and what could happen.

I think the experiment is going to turn disastrous and Arata loses his memories after accidentally revealing the experiment. He uses this dream to become a better person or he could wind up getting stuck as a 17 year old allowing him to relive life. What does the foreshadowing about subject number 1 mean?

I expect he will fall in love and try and find a way to stay this age, but it will all backfire.

Jack, The American Ghost 57

Go away guy, let them be together >:

I was expecting a troll end, seems like it may actually work out. We'll have to see what butler demon guy has up his sleeve.

Totally did not expect Jack to actually get his physical body back from Goeun's singing and general waifu-related love.

Angry Grimace

Eh, read it anyways. It's a mighty hilarious romcom even without a proper yandere.

Nozaki isn't a romcom, its just a comedy. Literally every supposed romantic development is a false lead.

Zweizer

Banned
Nozaki isn't a romcom, its just a comedy. Literally every supposed romantic development is a false lead.

Eh, even though there's no development I'd say the romance aspect of some characters' motivations (Chiyo and Kashima) has a big enough role to at least warrant its acknowledgement.

Angry Grimace

Eh, even though there's no development I'd say the romance aspect of some characters' motivations (Chiyo and Kashima) has a big enough role to at least warrant its acknowledgement.

Its just referential humor. There's no actual romance at all; knowing romance manga tropes certainly helps appreciate what its doing though.

Zweizer

Banned
Its just referential humor. There's no actual romance at all; knowing romance manga tropes certainly helps appreciate what its doing though.

I agree with you, but as you said romance is a background element, though by no means a minor one, around which a fair amount of gags allude to, notably when the series wants to tease about the various characters' relationships, so I'd say it's not exactly inappropriate to call it a romcom, despite the lack of development.

Lain

Started Kaijuu no Kodomo. Anybody read it?
It's by Igarashi Daisuke, same guy who did Witches (Majo).

Yeah, finished reading it.. last month? Or 2 months ago, I don't remember. It's as deep and mysterious as the ocean it so magnificently presents to the reader.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom