• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTY| Creatively Bankrupt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everything is set up for Mikumo to step up this battle, especially after being called out for relying on Yuma too much in the last one, as well as both other squads not even worrying about anyone aside from the aces. I only hope they follow through with his victory though, instead of another draw situation like with Kazama.

I think it may be really close, he might get really damaged again.

Vito

Banned
Oh, keep forgetting to check the Kindle side for covers

81NzxatKjYL.jpg
81QG-ustzEL.jpg

Zweizer

Banned
One Punch-Man ch44

Man these chapters have been short.

Interesting that Fubuki is getting all this background development compared to other characters.

Arabesque

World Trigger 97

C0jLgo7.jpg

Best new girl

Pretty nice reveal at the end. Even though Hyuse look ridiculous in his new get up, the way the battle is playing out is really great. And the idea that he might be joining Tamakoma or at least ally with them is pretty exciting for the future.

I think that Tamakoma might win out in the end, but I suspect it will be close match between Nasu Squad and Tamakoma-2.

Shoukgeki no Soma 112

Much better. Instead of being a rehash of the Training Arc egg test, Soma is instead showing what we got to learn (or rather, explained in full) during the finals. As Isshiki told Eizan, Soma is not the sort of person who can be stopped by failure. He just keeps on absorbing everything and making it his own.

Now though, he's just directing all to bettering himself to the best of his abilities, rather than just beating his father.

Not much Gāo this week, but Lucie (who has teal hair?) continues to be awesome.

My Hero Academia 36

Uraraka ;_;7

This was probably the best way possible for this fight to play out, outside of Uraraka beating the crap out of Bakugo. Sadly she didn't have a chance, but damn if she didn't go down fighting. You go girl!

Guess what's left now is just the arm wrestling match and then the next rounds fights are decided.

Given how this chapter started, with Bakugo (who can barely remember his own name, let alone anyone else's)

Him calling by her name at the end (plus how he looked when she collapsed) pretty much means he now consider her at least a worthy opponent.

Or whatever category the people Bakugo thinks are strong go to in his head.

If she went over her weight limit, the debris must total around 3 tons since that's her capacity. It's a lot more impressive when you realize that

Uraraka was seriously impressive this chapter. She went all in trying to bring Bakugo down, but I guess he overpowered her in the end.

The one criticism I had was that I thought that her final attack should've been a double page rather than a large half panel. But still impressive stuff.

Not suprised they would pick the most generic and cliched one out of the bunch.😌
I was hoping against hope Kagamigami would at least be picked up alongside it, but I suppose they always have to go with the
wrong
safe choice in these cases.

Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal 52

Final duel already?! Im glad its Astral and and Yuma. Though thankfully it isnt a true final villain type of surprise still will be sad hes going away no matter the outcome.

Arabesque

Shokugeki No Soma
Soma, learning French cuisine in 3 days.

The problem isn't him learning French cuisine in 6 days (he manages to catch up on the day before last) since that's what they are supposedly learning but rather that apparently he wasn't paying attention in class during those lessons.

Or maybe it's like how Hisako was supposed to be competent in family restaurant management/service, but nearly melted down on the first day?

Zweizer

Banned
My Hero Academia ch36

Man, so predictable, complete with the surprise winning move and respecting the opponent and shit.

k2wYX9c.jpg

Asking the important questions.

Quixzlizx

The problem isn't him learning French cuisine in 6 days (he manages to catch up on the day before last) since that's what they are supposedly learning but rather that apparently he wasn't paying attention in class during those lessons.

Or maybe it's like how Hisako was supposed to be competent in family restaurant management/service, but nearly melted down on the first day?

He also might have already known how to do many of those techniques, but didn't know the classic French terminology for them.

Arabesque

He also might have already known how to do many of those techniques, but didn't know the classic French terminology for them.

Didn't think of that as well. Yeah, that would have Soma lost on his first day.

Considering that Gakkyu Hotei is pretty much doomed to get cut this round (Unless it pulls off a miracle) we should be getting another manga other then Black Clover.

But what if it was a Judos/Hi-Fi Cluster/Sporting Salt level of quality In that round?

LeleSocho

Banned
Boku no Hero Academia 36
Yeah sorry dear translator you can give all the reasons you want but i still think that using "fucking" and "shit" as legitimate translations of what Katsuki says is totally wrong, especially considering the genre and the audience the manga is aimed at.

Vito

Banned
The winners of the 19th Tezuka Osamu Cultural Prize have been announced:

Grand Prize: Yoriko Hoshi for Aizawa Riku
New Artist Prize: Yoshitoki Ooima for Koe no Katachi
Short Work Prize: Yoshida Sensha
Special Prize: Chikako Mitsuhashi for Chiisana Koi no Monogatari

http://natalie.mu/comic/news/142511 correct me if wrong, no seriously, please do.

Zweizer

Banned
The winners of the 19th Tezuka Osamu Cultural Prize have been announced:

Grand Prize: Yoriko Hoshi for Aizawa Riku
New Artist Prize: Yoshitoki Ooima for Koe no Katachi
Short Work Prize: Yoshida Sensha
Special Prize: Chikako Mitsuhashi for Chiisana Koi no Monogatari

http://natalie.mu/comic/news/142511 correct me if wrong, no seriously, please do.

Hmm, none of them aside from Koe no Katachi have been translated yet. Too bad.

Boku no Hero Academia 36
Yeah sorry dear translator you can give all the reasons you want but i still think that using "fucking" and "shit" as legitimate translations of what Katsuki says is totally wrong, especially considering the genre and the audience the manga is aimed at.

What do you propose instead ?

Weiss

Banned
My Hero Academia 36

Well I've clearly been pinning too many hopes on this as the next great SJ comic. Apart from being really cliche, the fight was short and boring.

LeleSocho

Banned

We can start by removing the word "bitch" altogether and replace "fucking" with a more calm and clean "damn".

8En2zwi.png

This could easily be
"Yo, you're the damn girl that floats stuff, right? I'm talking to you, angelface."

One thing i've learned of translation is that something is not correct because it looks/sounds nice but something looks/sounds nice because it's correct.

Arabesque

Black Clover's definitely gonna get the axe.
Is World Trigger the only series that survived the Viz curse.

World Trigger is the Viz curse.

Every new series that gets added only serves as further nourishment for it's cold, black soul.

It was the only way for it to survive as long as it did, by cannibalising on the weak.

Like Busaiku mentioned, if the translation having Bakugo sound like the most try hard mature-totally-not-for-kids character isn't to anyone's taste, Viz is always an option.

Pretty much, it tends to be a bottom feeder in the ranking that always outperforms the shit new series and the unaxeable Bleach and Kochikame. Then it does a random 4-6th rank and drops down every other month.

If I recall correctly, World Trigger did manage to get first ranking a few times but the EiC didn't put it in first place for some reason.

Guess it's the Sket Dance/Medaka Box in terms of rankings now. Not popular enough to be a main headliner, but popular enough to not get axed right away and continue along.

Which might be for the best honestly, I think World Trigger surviving as a less popular series makes it more enjoyable (fear of cancellation aside)

We can start by removing the word "bitch" altogether and replace "fucking" with a more calm and clean "damn".

8En2zwi.png

This could easily be
"Yo, you're the damn girl that floats stuff, right? I'm talking to you, angelface."

Yeah the official translation from Viz was much better.
yfy8abD.png

If I recall correctly, World Trigger did manage to get first ranking a few times but the EiC didn't put it in first place for some reason.

Guess it's the Sket Dance/Medaka Box in terms of rankings now. Not popular enough to be a main headliner, but popular enough to not get axed right away and continue along.

Which might be for the best honestly, I think World Trigger surviving as a less popular series makes it more enjoyable (fear of cancellation aside)

That's probably the best way to describe WT ranking wise, it will be safe until a cluster of a new arrivals are all strong. So this upcoming round will be it's biggest challenge most likely.

Shun

Prison School 172

I like how we get to see another side of Hana's innocence. She's not only stupid innocent but we see her scared of doing something like that as well. At least we know she's still capable of thinking things through.

Kiyoshi is still the genius he is. RIP PBR.

GG Joe, Anzu getting wrecked by Cake-san.

I hope we get more Rijichou Adventures throughout the rest of the serialization.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom