• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTY| Creatively Bankrupt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azure J

I just finished Punpun.

I... will write my impressions later.

I'll just... lie down for now...

hp07dJd.png

I still don't know how to feel after that ending volume man and I was there day and date for it. One of the best manga I've read easy but also one that really knew how to tear you down into a puddle of "what is life" at the same time.

Edit:
Even though Aiko led to far more interesting interactions from Punpun with others (holy SHIT, I got so sad before the big twist regarding Aiko's mom), I still stand by the belief that she was complete poison to him and any chance at developing/maturing beyond the "overly glorified/idealized childhood crush turned inner turmoil" that was plaguing him through adolescence and early adulthood. Sachi wasn't a better option either (fucking her ex on a whim out of loneliness wasn't the most noble of things then there was the whole pregnancy that resulted from it) but at the very least she was key to Punpun getting up and moving forward, so for that much I respect Sachi's role in the story.

While I'm on this topic, what was I supposed to get from the actual last few panels of the manga? The situation was cyclical and would affect another generation of children?

Usobuko

Banned
You and him would have definitely gotten along well if he was still posting. He's a cool guy. Back in OT... 3, I think, we had like 2-3 pages where we all just freaked out in hysteria after he pasted his entire readlist into a post (we were having list wars, cosmic posted his list which was pretty huge too, someone challenged flawfuls to beat him. I remember it like it were yesterday). It was like 450 serie

I do think we share similar preferences in some ways. On the other hand, I won't mind if our taste are in stark contrast with each other. It's more interesting this way.

Before I started posting here, the forum I used to participate gradually converged to a singular entity where members more or less like the same stuff. How boring.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Whenever posters just disappear, I kinda wonder what happened to them or if they just stopped posting.

What happened to Charade?
I think he's just super busy with work and doesn't have much time for reading manga much anymore. I think he still keeps up with creative writing GAF a little though.

Liar X Liar.

Ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, this feel so wrong on so many levels.

He's family, you creep. It feels so exploitative and, urghhhhhhhhhhhh, just plain WRONG.
Is that the shoujo manga? Apparently
it's somewhat implied that he knew it was her from the start or something. It would kind of explain the title.
I dunno, I haven't really read it because the whole concept grosses me out.

We live in the Renaissance of MangaGAF

Soma is our Petrarch
Aunt Tits our Galileo
TLR:D our Machiavelli
Prison School our da Vinci
I feel like our next OT title is somewhere in here.

hipbabboom

Huh? What did I say? Did I screw up again? :(
Yeah.... so someone said Mob Psycho 100 was a better manga than One Punch Man for ~reasons~

Now having exposed myself to it... I'm going to respectfully disagree. It has some good jokes though.

Close your eyes

Shows that not all relationships start or end.

Caste Heaven 05

Not finding this new pairing all that interesting.

dumbyugi

Waratte! Sotomura-san 71

You know even though I enjoy reading this it really needs to have some kind of change happen. This has been going for 71 chapters and it's still the same as it was in chapter 1 but with more characters. Her getting a job was the perfect chance to do something different but all it did was have the same jokes and misunderstandings in a different place. The girl who works with Sotomura finding out about how she really is could have been good if she wasn't the worst character in the series. I don't hate it but this series could be so much better than it is.

Zweizer

Banned
Whenever posters just disappear, I kinda wonder what happened to them or if they just stopped posting.

What happened to Charade?

Charade is busy with work, and can't spare any time on GAF outside of the writing challenges.

You and him would have definitely gotten along well if he was still posting. He's a cool guy. Back in OT... 3, I think, we had like 2-3 pages where we all just freaked out in hysteria after he pasted his entire readlist into a post (we were having list wars, cosmic posted his list which was pretty huge too, someone challenged flawfuls to beat him. I remember it like it were yesterday). It was like 450 series.

Here's his mangaupdates

I see nowadays his readlist is at 70, I guess he just finished all manga on earth

You reminded me of dumbyugi's list, which is pretty massive as well. It makes me wonder how many series Revo and dakku read.

And every Kouji Seo manga is our bubonic plague.

More like smallpox and syphilis.

dumbyugi

You reminded me of dumbyugi's list, which is pretty massive as well. It makes me wonder how many series Revo and dakku read.

It is worth noting that a lot of those series haven't had a chapter scanned in months/years. There are also a small handful of series that are complete that I haven't gotten around to finishing yet. The list would probably be bigger but I've cut down on the amount of stuff I start following from chapter 1, been burnt too many times by series that stop getting updated a few chapters in.

EDIT: Holy shit it's been over 2 years since ≒ updated. I thought I only started reading that last year.

Zweizer

Banned
It is worth noting that a lot of those series haven't had a chapter scanned in months/years. There are also a small handful of series that are complete that I haven't gotten around to finishing yet. The list would probably be bigger but I've cut down on the amount of stuff I start following from chapter 1, been burnt too many times by series that stop getting updated a few chapters in.

Your Complete series list has more than a thousand entries though, which is kind of mind-boggling.

dumbyugi

Your Complete series list has more than a thousand entries though, which is kind of mind-boggling.

It's mostly doujins & oneshots though. It would be much bigger but I got lazy and stopped adding every single doujin I read to it. Maybe someday I'll make a seperate list for completed series/oneshots & one for doujins/other hentai.

EDIT: I went and checked & there's only 321 series that aren't doujins/oneshots/hentai on my complete list.

zeromcd73

History's Strongest Disciple Kenichi END

That's it? I just didn't feel much closure at all besides that last page. Guessing the author will want to focus on drawing tits and ass for something else now.

Overall I really liked it. I wish the author would have developed the character romances a bit more but loved the series.

Zweizer

Banned
It's mostly doujins & oneshots though. It would be much bigger but I got lazy and stopped adding every single doujin I read to it. Maybe someday I'll make a seperate list for completed series/oneshots & one for doujins/other hentai.

EDIT: I went and checked & there's only 321 series that aren't doujins/oneshots/hentai on my complete list.

Still a pretty impressive list~

Mitch

Banned
Think I am going to pick up the first few volumes of Claymore. Always see positive reviews. Ended up deciding against buying One Piece, since I'd prefer to start on smaller series.

rrc1594

I Am a Hero 128

At first I was upset that they switch on another group, but I like this group very interesting characters

dani_dc

Think I am going to pick up the first few volumes of Claymore. Always see positive reviews. Ended up deciding against buying One Piece, since I'd prefer to start on smaller series.

Outside of the very beginning I thought Claymore was overall weak, I basically dropped it when
20 blonde females were fighting each other and I no longer had no idea who was who
. Might be a better read in volumes though.

Frog-fu

Banned
I'm thinking of getting back into Berserk next. Übel Blatt hasn't really managed to keep my attention for very long.

Revo

Alice in Borderland 17

Good to see him be able to notice that detail and be able to craft a way to protect her.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Yuri Danshi
so this is bascially SDburton the manga with SDburton himself as the protagainst.

I couldn't have picked a better time to drop by. I am floored that this actually got a translation group as I've been waiting years for this. My prayers have been answered!!

Edit: Or maybe not, pretty sure the first two chapters were translated before. I'll wait for more before I go nuts.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
work again tomorrow and im staying up late reading lewd stuff

actually i need more guys.

Kasane pls give me some recs. All these regulars are too weak in their suggestions of smut!

I'm thinking of getting back into Berserk next. Übel Blatt hasn't really managed to keep my attention for very long.

Ubel Blatt is booty cheeks, first chapter turned me off. I mean, I like my smut just like everyone else here but it had no feelings or emotions attached to it, worthless imo.

Frog-fu

Banned
Wouldn't that require for Berserk to come out on a consistent basis?

Nah, I stopped reading for whatever reason after Griffith turned heel.

Ubel Blatt is booty cheeks, first chapter turned me off. I mean, I like my smut just like everyone else here but it had no feelings or emotions attached to it, worthless imo.

It's not that good where I'm at, which is still at the begining, but I hear it gets really good later on though.

rrc1594

Ubel Blatt is good,but IMO hasn't done a good job of making me care about secondary characters. So when they take focus off of Köinzell my interests goes down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom