• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTY| Creatively Bankrupt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stay Gold 6.5

CCAcbuEW8AE0ms6.png:large
The childhood friend he likes loves this love cure series. So funny to see him experience it just to find out what he likes about it. The tears, lol.

I hope v2 has them both together.

Sakuranbo Syndrome 73
I feel like I can see 20 chapters into the future right now, and I really don't like it. If Rena gets cast as the replacement and he starts hunting around for dirt on her, there's one obvious avenue that might rear its ugly read.

7taizai 113 to 120

Finally caught up. Ban King forest moment was better than the moment with the enormous creature.

I wish theyd stop tell us power levels though, kind of a pointless thing to say if characters eventually beat these powerful entities.

Fairy Tail to 426

Evil Gray really?! Why. At least he can be saved by Natsu for the second time. I like where this is going.

Boku no Hero Academia 37

Hope Uraraka actually gets the character development to become strong and doesn't stay second fiddle the whole series. Her power would be overpowered as shit if she didn't get exhausted.

Lain

Kingdom volumes 22-23

The cover for volume 22 had me scared.
No, really, I thought Qiang Lei would die in it. I tried to speed-read it to get to the essential parts where I found out the outcome and I was very happy with it.
Xin's fight with Lun Hu was crazy and that was definitely a suffered victory. Thought he's still a big dumbass, as evidenced with his chat with Lian Po, though one has to admire his guts.

Volume 23 cover, contrary to the one for volume 22, had me excited to hopefully see Diao back and I was glad I wasn't let down. Her comeback was perfect, though Xin and the rest of the unit disappointed me with their initial reaction. I mean, I can even understand the unit, they don't really know Diao, but Xin, once again, acted like a dumbass initially and the unit got saved only thanks to Diao well predicted and well executed strategies.

Since now I'm current on the Italian official releases I'll have to start enduring the wait times for more volumes to get released. Given that the books don't come out monthly but like every 3 or 4 months, I gather that it mustn't be a big seller here, so I better prepare for a long wait.

LeleSocho

Banned
How's the quality of the edition Lain? Even if i bought only one thing from GP it was bad enough to keep me away from it up until now.

Reading Boku no Hero...

Can't really seem to remember reading a manga recently where a female character is legit strongest, not this kind-of-lame "oh she's strong because she tried her hardest but lose anyway lol."

Naruto? Nope. Bleach? It once had a potential with the Real Kenpachi but then of course she's succeeded by a man because we can't have a woman held the title of strongest of anything. One Piece? The women mostly served here just as fanservice.

Probably Full Metal Alchemist? The general lady was cool, as is the housewife. Let see, what else..... oh, Houshin Engi, that was also kind of cool with how strong Dakki is and how the last boss is a female, but even there the absolute strongest one amongst the "good guys" is a guy.

Hmmmm.

Really? Almost all of them have strong females. They might not necessarily be the main characters, but it'd be hard to find one where a female isn't up there. As for FMA are you forgetting the Olivier Armstrong?! One Piece has Boa, Big Mama is an Emperor and Robin is so broken she doesn't even get fights anymore.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Fuuka (review that is not about Iwami's guitar)

They invented a second kickass hitsong. Off panel. Like they told Yuu "Go write us some hit songs," so he's like "okay," and then they show up with shit that blows the audience away. That's stretching some shit right there. The next chapter is obviously gonna be Yuu refusing the offer from the A&R dude about how he's gonna make it because of the inspiration he got from DeadFuuka and how he doesn't need to impress that particular A&R dude.

I'm pretty sure all of their songs sound like that song that Haruhi Suzumiya learned in like an hour for the school festival.

Lain

How's the quality of the edition Lain? Even if i bought only one thing from GP it was bad enough to keep me away from it up until now.

I wonder which one it was.

It's better than some other manga they worked on (thinking of Medaka Box and Broken Blade). The edition is similar to what they do for Detonation Island. It uses grey-ish paper instead of pure white, it's somewhat larger than other books and the volumes are a bit bulky too. There are some typos here and there (for example Volume 22 in the character table has Lun Uh instead of Lun Hu), but that's something that plagues most manga releases from every publisher, though it still annoys me. I wouldn't say it's really worth the 6,90€ price tag quality wise, but I understand that the price is more because of sale potential than because of edition quality and the content is good so in the end it sorta balances out.

UQ! Holder to current
CCBEDliWIAITQRB.png

Fell behind but it was easy to catch up. Im glad Santa was there to help his Tota niichan out when things got tough, and he even got to feed him while smiling and blushing. Really great confirmation of who the true winner will be for tota nii in the end. Sorry Kuromary, if you cant even feed him then youre out, and I doubt the other girl ever had any chance.

I hope an anime is announced this year or next.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Calling him "Tota nii" is crossing the line unless you are a character in the manga. I realize you're a character, but you're not in that manga.

Lain

Welp, i'm out.
Just out of curiosity at this point... aside the color how's the paper? Good and thick or thin and see-trough? Assuming the colour it's probably the cheap one but you never know.

About the paper, it's thicker than the lower priced offers and it feels sorta smooth to the touch. The ink transfer to the digits is kept to a minimum so no black fingers after a reading session (like some Planet Manga offers do, for example).

Usobuko

Banned
Bradherley no Basha
This was recommended to me because I really like Horror manga. It wasn't Horror, though. It was really disappointing. Depressing and sometimes disgusting. The way the author depicted the women as so helpless and never able to live happily, while all the men are either evil, unable to help the women, or they're rationalized rapists. Awful. The art is pretty good, but beyond that, I didn't enjoy this.

It says something when the author's afterword revealed that he enjoys drawing all these abuse because he finds it erotic.

There's only one answer.

Fourteen.

Lol.

Never cracking a joke in a review thread ever again.

Boku no Hero Academia 37

Endeavor has a really cool mustache. I should use him for my new avatar.

Magi 255-260

The fight came to a resounding conclusion. I am satisfied with the outcome. Losses on both side. Though I was hoping for Hakuryuu to suffer.

Fairy Tail

When is Gray going to come to his senses?!

Turok_TTZ

UQ Holder! 75

...Rakan, is that you?

Akamatsu is one of the few who give females their proper due. not making majority of them fodder and I appreciate that.

Much yet to learn, Touta, just jog on and do your best... Though he DOES need a finishing move.

Angry Grimace

Never cracking a joke in a review thread ever again.

Boku no Hero Academia 37

Endeavor has a really cool mustache. I should use him for my new avatar.

Magi 255-260

The fight came to a resounding conclusion. I am satisfied with the outcome. Losses on both side. Though I was hoping for Hakuryuu to suffer.

Fairy Tail

When is Gray going to come to his senses?!

Isn't grays whole life goal to kill Natsu

Shengar

Kingdom volumes 22-23

Since now I'm current on the Italian official releases I'll have to start enduring the wait times for more volumes to get released. Given that the books don't come out monthly but like every 3 or 4 months, I gather that it mustn't be a big seller here, so I better prepare for a long wait.

Shame, because the greatest Kingdom arc to date just about to begin in the next volume.

Kyuur

Dead Dead Demon's Dededededestruction 1-14

Okay, so this was awesome.

But I need someone to tell me that these translations are actually accurate.

I'll be disappointed if they aren't. :(

Lain

I don't understand the Kingdom love. Didn't enjoy it at all.

I'll try to make you understand the love for Kingdom.
It has hot blooded action. It has hot blooded characters. It has friendship and camaraderie, it has assholes and cool people, it has grim moments and funny, relaxing ones.
It has well paced storytelling and the action is well framed. The art is quite expressive, delivering some damn great reaction shots while being particularly distinctive in its style, clean and easy to follow.
It's informative and the strategy on display during the battles is interesting to see.

7 Seeds 6

Now things are getting interesting. I'm glad we're switching to a new cast of characters, since the first cast wasn't my favorite. Well, it was mainly that Natsu was annoying. Anyway,
can't wait for the inevitable Arashi and Hana reunion scene

dani_dc

It was just part of the c75 gag.

Ok good, I thought I had missed something.

It's informative and the strategy on display during the battles is interesting to see.

Honestly, this is where it being a "Shounen" really hurts it, whenever Shin is part of the action it all comes down to magical strength coming out of nowhere and brute force. It's why I enjoy the scenes with battle scenes with other characters a lot more.

Rhapsody

Banned
Fuuka 56

That jealousy from Sara lol. I got what I wanted for the most part this chapter. Seo's not done with rage considering the smug look of that one guy at the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom