• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTY| Creatively Bankrupt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im - Great Priest Imhotep 01-02

UY7zZX6l.png

The great priest is awakened after many years of slumber and goes to Japan to take care of false gods.

Amusing. It's not a bad read, kinda typical supernatural story with an Egyptian twists but the art's nice, the characters are nice and action isn't bad. Also Anubis is adorable.

wonzo

Banned
You (and anyone interested in the Khans) owe it to yourself to listen to Hardcore History: Wrath of the Khans. Quick, while it's still free.

Every single podcast Carlin did on the topic was liquid gold, and he most certainly doesn't whitewash the absolutely insane genocidal levels that the mongols reached. Or the greater strategical aspect of everything.

Think he did 5 shows on the mongols. All should still be free.
I'll listen to 'em the sooner I catch up on my hardcore history backlog.

Kingdom 427

Everybody getting them feels.... the old man was about to get a heart attack from those intense feels

funnily enough the only one that wasn't getting effected was Sai's own mother

Quasar

Domestic na Kanojo 34 and 35.5

So much Rui. That special chapter though, so lewd. Thought I was reading a Seo manga for a moment there.

I'm a bit confused. I mean after agreeing to have a relationship with Hina-chan and she giving him a key to her apartment for their rendezvous he still goes ahead with bedding her sister? Guess i should not be surprised, this is manga.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Reading Boku no Hero...

Can't really seem to remember reading a manga recently where a female character is legit strongest, not this kind-of-lame "oh she's strong because she tried her hardest but lose anyway lol."

Naruto? Nope. Bleach? It once had a potential with the Real Kenpachi but then of course she's succeeded by a man because we can't have a woman held the title of strongest of anything. One Piece? The women mostly served here just as fanservice.

Probably Full Metal Alchemist? The general lady was cool, as is the housewife. Let see, what else..... oh, Houshin Engi, that was also kind of cool with how strong Dakki is and how the last boss is a female, but even there the absolute strongest one amongst the "good guys" is a guy.

Hmmmm.

Reading Boku no Hero...

Can't really seem to remember reading a manga recently where a female character is legit strongest, not this kind-of-lame "oh she's strong because she tried her hardest but lose anyway lol."

Naruto? Nope. Bleach? It once had a potential with the Real Kenpachi but then of course she's succeeded by a man because we can't have a woman held the title of strongest of anything. One Piece? The women mostly served here just as fanservice.

Probably Full Metal Alchemist? The general lady was cool, as is the housewife. Let see, what else..... oh, Houshin Engi, that was also kind of cool with how strong Dakki is and how the last boss is a female, but even there the absolute strongest one amongst the "good guys" is a guy.

Hmmmm.

Medaka Box comes to mind

Dresden

punpun - 1

Figured I should finish punpun, then realized it had been so long that I don't remember much about the beginning anymore.

Knowing what happens to her at the end is a weird feeling.

...is this about my discussion with God's Beard (weeks ago) or am I missing something here?

Would like some examples as I am not fully understanding what you mean.

Never saw that discussion; basically, talking about piracy shit isn't allowed. No talking about scanners, scanlations, so-and-so just finished doing this-and-that, or linking to manga reader sites, etc.

Boku no Hero Academia 37

a set up chapter for a pretty cool match next chapter..... but holy moly is Endeavour huge..... seeing him beside the protagonist shows how gigantic he is

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Reading Boku no Hero...

Hmmmm.

The female lead from Psyren basically beasted everyone she went up against. Probably not legit strongest, but she was no one's second choice in a fight.

Also, Revvy in Black Lagoon, the Claymores in Claymore, Medaka from Medaka Box, the leads in Zettai Karen Children are god-tier, there's a bunch of bad-ass girls in manga and anime, they're just outnumbered by moe-blobs these days.

Gangsta Vol.02

VaOjFtxl.png

While last volume we were introduced to the main characters and watched them kick some butt, this volume, we are given more information of this world as a whole and all the different players that are involved in this story.

We also get some pretty awesome action as well so all wasn't for naught.

Still liking this. The art's still fantastic, great action and the building of the story with the small amounts of flashbacks mixed in is pretty great. Looks like next volume is even more focus on the past which is pretty interesting.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Medaka Box comes to mind

Ah or course! Quite a good representation of female power in there... although yeah, the best girl in the series can't stand up against the strongest being which is a male, but not bad.

The female lead from Psyren basically beasted everyone she went up against. Probably not legit strongest, but she was no one's second choice in a fight.

Also, Revvy in Black Lagoon, the Claymores in Claymore, Medaka from Medaka Box, the leads in Zettai Karen Children are god-tier, there's a bunch of bad-ass girls in manga and anime, they're just outnumbered by moe-blobs these days.

Man I totally forget about Claymores. One of the very rare examples where the answer is is really legit. The strongest being and the warrior who played around with that strongest being turned out both to be females, very nice.

Chinggis Khan v1

While this does have far more detail about his early life, yeaaaah this is whitewashed to heck. Clearly aimed at very young children.

Still decent so far.

Shengar

Reading Boku no Hero...

Hmmmm.

Arakawa's female character at the very least is decent. We should thank Hokkaido culture where both male and female must work hard to earn their place in such harsh environment.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Fuuka

This is bullshit. Sara had a 57' reissue Les Paul Custom like 20 chapters ago, and now its magically turned into a '54 Goldtop.

I mean, the fact that Yuu can write hit songs with both the structure, lyrics and vocal melodies 30 chapters after he was learning to read tabs is also kind of bullshit.

Gangsta Vol.02

VaOjFtxl.png

While last volume we were introduced to the main characters and watched them kick some butt, this volume, we are given more information of this world as a whole and all the different players that are involved in this story.

We also get some pretty awesome action as well so all wasn't for naught.

Still liking this. The art's still fantastic, great action and the building of the story with the small amounts of flashbacks mixed in is pretty great. Looks like next volume is even more focus on the past which is pretty interesting.

When's the anime for this coming out again?

360pages

Reading Boku no Hero...

Hmmmm.

To be fair, the strongest being in Naruto was Female.

Though it just comes down to most of the time, that the main character is male so it's natural that the main character usually is the strongest of the good guy side. Since the series are usually targeted towards boys so it's natural the have male characters in that sort of role.

Kind of like how a lot of Shojio manga have female leads most of the time. And when there is a Male lead, they are usually just planks of wood that are pretty much rewards for the female cast.

7 Seeds 1

Premise is interesting, but the characters don't leave the best first impression, I have to say. We've got mean guy, nice guy, uber-shy girl, and ... other person. Knowing the good reputation this manga has, however, I will continue on. There's got to be more development coming down the line.

7 Seeds 1

Premise is interesting, but the characters don't leave the best first impression, I have to say. We've got mean guy, nice guy, uber-shy girl, and ... other person. Knowing the good reputation this manga has, however, I will continue on. There's got to be more development coming down the line.
It's the best manga ever written, but there's quite a bit of setup before it finds its groove.

upandaway

Reading Boku no Hero...

Hmmmm.
There's Takkoku if you count sports, and I guess Esprit could count

If you mean just manga with strong girls there's a bunch, manga with the strongest being a girl not too many though

Allaur

Welcome~
Don't worry i'm sure my English is the worst one in here (lol)
Have you read Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer?

Nope... Each time someone mentions it I look at it's cover and have a feeling that it's something simplistic/generic. But today I managed to read some comments to it and it looks like I had incorrect impression about it. Adding to the list.

But yes, Kingdom is a good series, thought outside of the violence I don't find it too similar to Berserk, its really more of a shounen, to a negative point in my view. But a good series none the less.
Well, besides battles there is some kind of similiarity in color gradation between them and because of it Kingdom reminds me about Berserk (even if it's not as dark and depressive).

Oddman 11 1-18
Finished all available chapters yestrerday and I should say that it's more tame (maybe its cause there is no so much violence here...) then Voynich, Nickelodeon or most others Dowman oneshots. But despite that it's still interesting thanks to usuall author craziness.The way it transformed into yuri is really fun. Still don't see a reason why main heroine is interested in Masochist (especially after what he did to Slut), but maybe there'll be a twist that she wants a Sadist to herself...

Rhapsody

Banned
Fuuka

This is bullshit. Sara had a 57' reissue Les Paul Custom like 20 chapters ago, and now its magically turned into a '54 Goldtop.

I mean, the fact that Yuu can write hit songs with both the structure, lyrics and vocal melodies 30 chapters after he was learning to read tabs is also kind of bullshit.

In battle manga, getting closer to death powers you up. In Seo, it is depression that powers you up.

Nightbird

One Piece Party 2

This is even better than the first Chapter!
It felt like Team Fourstar made a short Abridged Manga Version of the Enies Lobby Saga

kasane

apocalypse no toride 1-28

i just re read it again from the start since i mostly forgot everything

shit was getting interesting until crunchyrolls reader start to ruin my enjoyment by having duplicate pages, some pages not loading and all bunch of other stuff.

its interesting to see if maeda can somehow control the infection or some shit

bjork

Orochi

This updated after about five years. Late 60s horror manga that's got infants being stabbed in the neck and babies being eaten alive by bugs and shit. Pretty wild.

wonzo

Banned
7 Seeds 1

Yeah it takes a while to get going but when it does it is utterly incredible.

7 Seeds 1

Couldn't get into it after like 50 chapters or something, but people say it's good, so it probably is.

Jintor

Considering what Zweizer usually read for his ecchi need, I guess it is too tame indeed.

Anyway, how is your japanese proficiency now Jintor? Can you play RPG without dictionary in your hand?

no but I'm nearly able to read my weekly class schedules now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom