• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTY| Creatively Bankrupt

Status
Not open for further replies.

dani_dc

Fuuka 56

"Do adults really act like that?"
"Show 'em kids won't let adults have their way"

It really annoys me to read those type of statements, 16-18 year old teenagers don't talk like that. They really don't.

It amused me that Yuu didn't call Fuuka by her first name, I guess Seo wants to save that "reveal" to the rest of the band for later.

Here's hoping that the bunny band is actually a band filled with dead Fuuka's that are using bunny masks to hide their identity.

Jintor

Fuuka 56

Adults! You run our lives like you're Colonel Klink!
Adults! You strut around like your farts don't stink!
Adults, you're such a drooling, snoring,
Boozing, boring bunch!
Surley meanie,
Three-martini
Lunchers!
I just ate a thumb tack!

---

That Weird Dogsuit Smut Manga

Some bits of this i was like "WOAH" but other bits I was like "THIS IS WEIRD I WANT TO GET OFF THIS TRAIN"

in particular I feel student teacher lady didn't 'earn' or indeed feel like a character for most of this besides being kind of generically vampy and weird

poor honour student girl

/edit also student-teacher relationships increasingly weird me out

Rhapsody

Banned
It amused me that Yuu didn't call Fuuka by her first name, I guess Seo wants to save that "reveal" to the rest of the band for later.

Maybe. I can't remember if Yuu has ever called her Fuuka though or feels like he knows her well enough to call her that. Plus I don't think I'd be able to easily call her the same name as a past dead girlfriend.

Usobuko

Banned
7 Seeds 6

Now things are getting interesting. I'm glad we're switching to a new cast of characters, since the first cast wasn't my favorite. Well, it was mainly that Natsu was annoying. Anyway,
can't wait for the inevitable Arashi and Hana reunion scene

It gets better.

I love its multifaceted storytelling approach.

dani_dc

Maybe. I can't remember if Yuu has ever called her Fuuka though or feels like he knows her well enough to call her that. Plus I don't think I'd be able to easily call her the same name as a past dead girlfriend.

I think there are valid reasons for him not to call her that, but I'm sure we're going to have a "Whaaat? She's named Fuuka?" scene by the band later on.

Mangaka Cocoa Fujiwara (Inu x Boku SS) has passed away at the age of 32.

That's so depressing, way too young :(
RIP.

Usobuko

Banned
RIP.

I hope there a way Japanese companies can come up with a steam-like renaissance to leverage their anime/manga properties.

Nordicus

Mozuya-san Gyakujousuru 13

YES! YES!

BIRTH OF BADASS BANTAROU!

11/10 BEST MANGA!

Oh my god, Mozuya has been absolutely blinded by the brilliance of HARD M! I'm falling off my chair here, did this actually become a superhero origin story???
LuaGqAj.jpg
AKbjidk.jpg

YZPmi3x.jpg
pkoz1Pd.jpg

Allaur

Mangaka Cocoa Fujiwara (Inu x Boku SS) has passed away at the age of 31.
RIP.

Hinamatsuri 1-10
This one has kind of a slow start and doesn't have really impressive characters (for now Hina looks like a typical spoiled brat), humor or plot developmnets but it's still fun to read. I really enjoy blond yakuza guy, there is some light parenting theme like in Barakamon which is enjoyable too. Till now the best part was a student council speach but it would've been more fun if Hina read it correctly and really became a president.

56d9c9178bb8.jpg

I thougn that after would be a Terminator joke.

dani_dc

RIP.

Hinamatsuri 1-10
This one has kind of a slow start and doesn't have really impressive characters (for now Hina looks like a typical spoiled brat), humor or plot developmnets but it's still fun to read. I really enjoy blond yakuza guy, there is some light parenting theme like in Barakamon which is enjoyable too. Till now the best part was a student council speach but it would've been more fun if Hina read it correctly and really became a president.

56d9c9178bb8.jpg

I thougn that after would be a Terminator joke.

How long ago has Anzu been introduced? She's a pretty fun character.
The true star of the show hasn't had much focus up to this point if I recall though.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Fuuka 56

It really annoys me to read those type of statements, 16-18 year old teenagers don't talk like that. They really don't.

Here's hoping that the bunny band is actually a band filled with dead Fuuka's that are using bunny masks to hide their identity.

He already made an angsty face and told he he couldn't call her Fuuka.

Allaur

How long ago has Anzu been introduced? She's a pretty fun character.
The true star of the show hasn't had much focus up to this point if I recall though.

It was like 5 chapters before, but besides introduction, accepting homeless lifestyle and disonwing Hina afrer she was disowned by yakuza guy there wasn't much attention to Anzu yet.

Kurita

Welp, i'm out.
Just out of curiosity at this point... aside the color how's the paper? Good and thick or thin and see-trough? Assuming the colour it's probably the cheap one but you never know.
Come on brah, 6,90 is the standard price in France for a lot of series.

Foolworm

She outright told Yuu to call her Fuuka a few chapters back, but he made a face and refused.

UQ Holder 75

*HEAVY BREATHING*

He needs more training, never mind a finishing move.

Mangaka Cocoa Fujiwara (Inu x Boku SS) has passed away at the age of 31.

Terrible news.

Zweizer

Banned
That Weird Dogsuit Smut Manga

Some bits of this i was like "WOAH" but other bits I was like "THIS IS WEIRD I WANT TO GET OFF THIS TRAIN"

in particular I feel student teacher lady didn't 'earn' or indeed feel like a character for most of this besides being kind of generically vampy and weird

poor honour student girl

/edit also student-teacher relationships increasingly weird me out

I hope you enjoyed the weridness~

It was like 5 chapters before, but besides introduction, accepting homeless lifestyle and disonwing Hina afrer she was disowned by yakuza guy there wasn't much attention to Anzu yet.

The real star of the series isn't actually Hina herself.

LeleSocho

Banned
Come on brah, 6,90 is the standard price in France for a lot of series.

The most i've payed for a non high quality/perfect edition is 5,50€ and that was in my manga craze period... no way in hell i'm gonna pay that much for a mediocre edition now that i really couldn't care less about spending money on manga.
I'm used to ~4€ on average.

Zweizer

Banned
need moar

i've come to the conclusion it's not the smut I enjoy... it's the bizarre power dynamics.

AND the smut.

I can't come up with anything really similar to this. It's a long stretch, but as far as interesting relationships go, have you read The Voynich Hotel, Boys on the Run, Molester Man, Onani Master Kurosawa and Koharu no Hibi?

Allaur

I can't come up with anything really similar to this. It's a long stretch, but as far as interesting relationships go, have you read The Voynich Hotel, Boys on the Run, Molester Man, Onani Master Kurosawa and Koharu no Hibi?

Speakin' about Onani Master Kurosawa there was Henkoi with similiar premise... And, of course, this one is weird. I don't remember the plot, only it's weird ending. But I have some memories of enjoying it...

I can advise to read Kami-sama ga Uso o Tsuku. It has somekind of Miyzaki/Shinkai touch, but then there is that twist and beautiful ending... And it's short)

Assassination Classroom v 3

Just picked this up yesterday, nice pink Korosensei.

Loved this volume mainly for the Maehara chapter. Maehara and Isogai are extremely underrated as number 1 and 2 best boys for knife they deserve even more time in the manga.

UQ Holder 75

Santa ought to fight too :(

Zweizer

Banned
Speakin' about Onani Master Kurosawa there was Henkoi with similiar premise... And, of course, this one is weird. I don't remember the plot, only it's weird ending. But I have some memories of enjoying it...

I can advise to read Kami-sama ga Uso o Tsuku. It has somekind of Miyzaki/Shinkai touch, but then there is that twist and beautiful ending... And it's short)

Interesting. I'll keep Henkoi in mind. It seems like it's a short read, too.

Kami-sama ga Uso o Tsuku isn't bad, but its pacing is all over the place, and the ending felt rushed. Still worth checking out though.

dani_dc

It is done. Now to wait and see what will happen.
Many thanks to Lain for sponsoring this! Ridiculously generous!

If anyone wants to see the uncensored version you might want to check my twitter.

Zweizer

Banned

If anyone wants to see the uncensored version you might want to check my twitter.

Whoo~

I can't wait. Hopefully you'll have a great time there~

Make sure to pick the right sticker.

Shengar

Be safe dany, don't take any chances for whatever it is.

dani_dc

Come on guys, there's literally no way it will be anything like the manga!
Pretty sure that you can't even fully exposed yourself if Google translate of the site is anything to go by!

Expect a very traumatized Dani if I'm wrong on this.

LeleSocho

Banned
Come on guys, there's literally no way it will be anything like the manga!
Pretty sure that you can't even fully exposed yourself if Google translate of the site is anything to go by!

Expect a very traumatized Dani if I'm wrong on this.

You mean you weren't traumatized already by eating popsicles and riding "things"?

Shengar

If you are permitted to take a picture of Mizuryu, please share it us later!
And make sure the photo is as SFW as possible
what is this ? Googles
h64CW.gif

It's something, but no way worse than the usual stuffs that Zweizer can come up and easily recommend it to us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom