• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTY| Creatively Bankrupt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quixzlizx

Girls of the Wild's 104-139
Still enjoying it.
We finally see Jaegu developing feelings for Queen...which took forever.
Not sure how many more times I can see them beating up bullies and thugs though, it does get pretty repetitive. A saving grace of that is that I really love the art style.

Just be glad you got to read it all at once. The pacing got brutal at times at a one chapter a week pace.

Sakuranbo Syndrome 74
MHSbynW.png
Scenario for Destruction. I suppose it's possible that things won't play out as badly as I'm expecting. Maybe Rena'll have a successful TV debut and find a new husbando who's fine with their whole arrangement. Yep. That might happen. Totally.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Dead Dead Demons Dedededededestruction aka District moe 15
Alien appear, and he post on 2ch. Hmm....
Also, lol at Untan.

Nanatsu no taiza 122

Demons too OP. nerf please

Oh, is it confirmed that the anime will cover the first 5 volumes?

Characters have appeared in the OP/ED that are introduced in volume 5.

Considering the first two episodes adapted volume 1 and then some of the light novel, the anime isn't exactly taking its time here.

The New Gate 6

Poor Skull Knight, all he wanted to be was a break-dancer but the MC had to go and chop off his leg. He wasn't doing much harm MC! He only killed a dozen or so guys before you arrived.

BakedYams

Slayer of Combofiends
Somewhat dangerous high stakes aren't even needed to create tension if the rest of the plot and characters are interesting enough. A good example of this can be seen with Teppuu, where the characters have absolutely nothing whatsoever to lose, and yet tension b thick.

Then there's the one piece kind, where OMG LAW IS DED, WE SAW HIM GIT LEGIT SHOT AND DISMEMBERED, and the fanbase be all "k.".

But yeah, the occasional degree of true consequence works wonders.

Well when I meant shit goes down, I mean the unexpected/the last thing you want to happen happens within the plot but essentially what you said.

Read Zaregoto (you probably will not find first volume on sale - it's out of print) - it's really glorious detective series about some wrecked character/characters. I really hope that it will someday have it's anime at least for brilliant second volume.

Well it shouldn't be too hard to find, I'll go ahead and read a synopsis and see if I'm down with it.

Akai Mi Hajiketa

Thanks, bookmarked!

Also loved this volume cover

1.jpg

rjVmAXI.png

Sakuranbo Syndrome 74

Scenario for Destruction. I suppose it's possible that things won't play out as badly as I'm expecting. Maybe Rena'll have a successful TV debut and find a new husbando who's fine with their whole arrangement. Yep. That might happen. Totally.

AHHH I GOTTA READ THIS AGAIN! This author knows how to write a good plot!

Jintor

So in the hypothetical event I could go one set of two series I can't actually read yet which should I go get

- nana to kaoru like 14 volumes for around $25
- One Punch Man like ??? volumes for ???

I'm getting both of course but I just wanted to ask mangaf something

Hoshigami-kun wa Douka Shiteiru 01

qwDWRP1l.png

Regular girl, twins in school, total opposites of each other, she starts befriending the shy one as he wants to change.

Fun shoujo. Good for the girl for calling out her crap friend, shy twin is definitely the one who will probably win, and that twistttttt from the popular twin~
yay male brocons

Revo

Nanatsu no Taizai 122

Mass reaping time, I guess.

Hendrick coming back is alright, but mostly just waiting for powerups.

Kyuur

Tokyo Ghoul: Re 25

Argh, these chapters are too damn short! I need more!

Can't say I'm too excited about the Nutcracker fight (other than seeing what Saiko can do) but I'm loving the other two setups. Wonder where Mado went.

Allaur

I saw the second volume as part of the TRSI Del Ray/Kodansha sale last night, so I tried to find the first volume on Amazon/Ebay. I'd have to spend at least $60 for it, so forget it.

It's so annoying that it's out of print, considering the company isn't out of business. I wonder whether their license ran out.

Probably it's due to low sales. That's why there is only 2 volume with official translation.
I can still advise you to buy 2nd volume - it's really strong book if we talking about light novels and it can be read separately from 1st volume (while there will be some minor references you won't spoil main plot point from 1st volume to yourself). I'm not even saying that it should be very cheap right now - I bought my copy for 9-10$ I think...

Rainy

Banned
Girls of the Wild's 140-150
Jaegu is so dumb for leading on
DalDal like that..I feel pretty bad for her. At least she has the college guy.

151-158
This brawl is going to be interesting. But I'll continue tomorrow.

Quasar

Girls of the Wild's 140-150

Jaegu is so dumb for leading on
DalDal like that..I feel pretty bad for her. At least she has the college guy.

Well I don't think he did or at least not deliberately. He's always been kind of in denial and skittish about gaining his first ever friends. He's basically spent his whole life as friendless and as parent to the siblings.

Zweizer

Banned
So in the hypothetical event I could go one set of two series I can't actually read yet which should I go get

- nana to kaoru like 14 volumes for around $25
- One Punch Man like ??? volumes for ???

I'm getting both of course but I just wanted to ask mangaf something

14 volumes of Nana to Kaoru sounds like the better deal. If you weren't getting both this is the one I'd pick.

kasane

why is no one combining to of my favorite elements

romance and music

if anything there are so few of them it drives me nuts

Jintor

Is Beck and Nana worth reading?

Though actually I started thinking about OPM again and now I'm reading the One version

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom