• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTY| Creatively Bankrupt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Usobuko

Banned
Chirori by Koyama Aiko ( Covers )

NEOBK-1319435.jpg

Art itself reminds me a little Kaoru Mori.

Too bad I can't read Japanese.

Shengar

What I like most from The Ancient Magus Bride isn't just the relationship between the two main characters, but rather how magic is handled within the manga. It is the closest attempt I can think off from Japanese Media on portraying magic like Clarke does in Jonathan Strange & Mr. Norrel as something subtle, yet powerful and ever presence around us. There are some usual trapping of magic to be found in The Ancient Magus Bride but it is miles better than magic in most RPGs, let alone MAGIC in Fairy Tail.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
I started reading Oyasumi Punpun. Man, this shit is all sorts of messed up, and I haven't even hit the halfway point yet. :[

Revo

Sword Art Online - Progressive 12

Of course, in the side story that focuses more around asuna, she had to be covered with cream.

360pages

I just realized what slightly irritates me about Sanji...he is a Chef, but that really doesn't seem to be a large part of his character anymore. With someone like Zoro, Chopper and Luffy. Their dreams and talents are usually what they are known for. Thus is a majority of their character but not all of it, with a flaw/side thing to go along with it. (Zoro being terrible at directions. Luffy overall flakyness)

Sanji had his flaw turned into his defining character trait and blown up by ten times. While his cooking skills seem to be a secondary trait at this point.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I just realized what slightly irritates me about Sanji...he is a Chef, but that really doesn't seem to be a large part of his character anymore. With someone like Zoro, Chopper and Luffy. Their dreams and talents are usually what they are known for. Thus is a majority of their character but not all of it, with a flaw/side thing to go along with it. (Zoro being terrible at directions. Luffy overall flakyness)

Sanji had his flaw turned into his defining character trait and blown up by ten times. While his cooking skills seem to be a secondary trait at this point.

Him being a cook was always a background thing, bringing the crew snacks while some big monster is looming over them and I'd argue now it gets a little more limelight now that it has actual powers, like when he cooked that meal for Momo and his dad. It was never really a huge thing outside of his arc. It feels more like we haven't seen him for a while due to him being on the ship, getting jumped by Big Mom and us not seeing him, and that's affecting people's image of him. Oda's not really doing anything different with him outside of what happened on Fishman Island.

360pages

True, maybe he'll do something really amazing. Though right now he just seems so out of focus, considering despite being the third strongest fighter he has done the least from the past 2 arcs.

(Luffy Franky and Zoro handled most of the fighting along with guest party members like Smoker and Law. While Robin, Nami and Chopper handled the misc stuff. Considering Franky actually had a pretty good fight with Pink. Plus no selling attacks from Baby at the end of Punk Hazard,)

Sanji did do a little something in the current arc.

J

Jpop

Unconfirmed Member

His dream was never being the best chef though, it is finding the All-Blue.

Also he learned special recipes on Kamabaka island during the timeskip.

Revo

God of High School 204-205

Jesus, acupuncture apparently mega mega op.
like half of both chapters is just acupuncture.

360pages

His dream was never being the best chef though, it is finding the All-Blue.

Also he learned special recipes on Kamabaka island during the timeskip.

The thing is...finding All Blue has gotten even LESS attention than him being a Chef. It is used as a joke in the Fisherman island arc and haven't been brought up again since then.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
The thing is...finding All Blue has gotten even LESS attention than him being a Chef. It is used as a joke in the Fisherman island arc and haven't been brought up again since then.

Let's be honest, there's not a whole lot of storytelling potential in that. The next time that plot line will move along is when he actually finds it. It's just an excuse to go on an adventure, just like with everyone else's goals. It's just that some have more storytelling potential than others or are just more easily tracked.

CrazyDude

Naruto Gaiden 1
Sasuke is a father who abandons his daughter when she was a baby and might have had a baby with someone other than Sakura.

360pages

God damn, and people were actually saying Bolt had a shit relationship with his dad. We find out that it's Sasuke's family that is in the shitter.

Though, hopefully it's a misunderstanding. Because Sakura has gone though enough...

dani_dc

Naruto Gaiden 1 [not read it yet]

Did anyone expect otherwise? There was no indication that Sasuke would ever settle down in a village.

Bit surprised if they actually go for him having a kid with someone else, but I hope that it's true because that would be quite amusing.

Stulaw

KONO SUBARASHII SEKAI NI SHUKUFUKU O! 1-7

So far so good, a 16 year old boy dies and is sent to an RPG like world by a Goddess, he must become an adventurer form a party and defeat the demon king in that world. It's funny in some places, the Goddess is a cute but generally useless Arch Priest, there's a loli Witch who seems to have chuunibyo and does explosion magic, there's a masochist Crusader Knight who loves being attacked by enemies.

crusaderbduqk.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom