• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTY| Creatively Bankrupt

Status
Not open for further replies.

dumbyugi

Hayate 490

Even Hayate is on the Hestia boob string train. I forget sometimes that Nagi still thinks Hayate has romantic feelings for her, probably because she feels so irrelevant in the romance part of the story even though she'll probably win.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
NARUTO GAIDEN 1 / Boruto 1

289yhpf6xkt9.gif

NARUTO GAIDEN 1
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Revo

Hayate no Gotoku! 490

Poor hina, can't fully do the string thing :(
Also I doubt hayate will become a neet, but anything to get her to do something I guess.

bobohoro

Naruto Gaiden 1

This chapter, damn! The success of Infinite Tsukuyomi would have been better for everyone involved, honestly. Everyone's an ass and Sakura is an unstable mess with the potential to kill just about everything around her. I laughed way too hard at the accidental housetrashing. How much can you mess with one single character Kishi? :D

One Piece 784

The armcannon gave me MegaMan feels, somewhat. Gear 4th is hilarious, powerful and creative, while not being all that impressive visually. Pretty much in line with every other power-up Luffy received and his character, so I'm satisfied.

Rising x Rydeen [End]

Well, second half was definitely worse than the intro. It felt like it already ran out of ideas and most of the cast stayed rather one dimensional, with no real resolution or tension in the story as well. Of course it was only promotional material for the LN, but while the beginning was promising, it really didn't do much to raise my interest in the end.

Boruto

Prepare for disappointment, if Kishi goes through with the simple ntr answer then it'll be amazing. More then likely the explanation is something dumb like while sakura was prego she got really ill and the only cure was a Karin bite which mixed the dna making Salda the daughter of both Sakura and Karin as to keep fans of both ships somewhat happy

J

Jpop

Unconfirmed Member
Boruto

Prepare for disappointment, if Kishi goes through with the simple ntr answer then it'll be amazing. More then likely the explanation is something dumb like while sakura was prego she got really ill and the only cure was a Karin bite which mixed the dna making Salda the daughter of both Sakura and Karin as to keep fans of both ships somewhat happy

I don't know which woukd be funnier, but I don't think my body can take so much laughter.

Dynedom

Boruto Plot Twist:

Sarada is actually Karin who was de-aged through some jutsu that was somehow Sasuke's fault. Sasuke and Sakura adopt her due to Sarada/Karin having amnesia but Sasuke can't bear the guilt and leaves (and possibly doesn't want to be around to awaken Karin's latent sexual desires of him, which haven't surfaced yet).

Zweizer

Banned
Boruto

Boruto Plot Twist:

Sarada is actually Karin who was de-aged through some jutsu that was somehow Sasuke's fault. Sasuke and Sakura adopt her due to Sarada/Karin having amnesia but Sasuke can't bear the guilt and leaves (and possibly doesn't want to be around to awaken Karin's latent sexual desires of him, which haven't surfaced yet).

Stop! Stop! Y'all are destroying my sides lmao

Crocodile

Bleach 624

Only good thing about this was the Yourichi ass shot and Girmjoww (only reason I read this chapter after hearing about it). Can one of them be the main character instead or something? Nothing happened in this chapter otherwise (back to not reading this I guess :p)

One Piece 784

Gear 4 was alright I guess. I look forward to seeing this on Toonami in 2025

Naruto Gaiden 1 (Naruto 701)

shaq-laughing-press-conference-shaq-gifs.gif

Sakura to Kishimoto is like dogs to Araki.

I_see_no_lies_no_lies_detected_boom.gif

Boruto

Boruto Plot Twist:

giphy-3.gif

You guys are ruining it :(

Fox318

Boruto

Boruto Plot Twist:

OIwpg2q.gif

bobohoro

Boruto Plot Twist:

I'm still of the opinion that Sarada is just a Genjutsu cast by Sakura to have everyone, including herself, think she got Sasuke in the end. The mash-up pictures, the big house, everything is orchistrated to give off the picture of a happy family with the dad just being incredibly busy killing people out in the woods. But her own daughter and illusion questioning Sakura, showing herself just how little she knows of the man she loves and their time together, point to a mentally unstable ninja that can barely keep up the lie and collapses frequently. Sasuke, when coming back home after years, will see through it all and finally relieve the village of this charade. He will then officially announce his love for Suigetsu.

Naruto Gaiden 1

ROFL! That was unexpected.

One Piece 784

Gear 4 is awesome! I like it's concept, despite looking a bit goofy. Happy to see Doffy get knocked around back and fourth.

Fox318

Didn't Sakura fans harass Kishi's assistant on twitter?

Maybe he is in full on revenge mode to give them a giant middle finger.

random25

Boruto

Boruto Plot Twist:

I'm still of the opinion that Sarada is just a Genjutsu cast by Sakura to have everyone, including herself, think she got Sasuke in the end. The mash-up pictures, the big house, everything is orchistrated to give off the picture of a happy family with the dad just being incredibly busy killing people out in the woods. But her own daughter and illusion questioning Sakura, showing herself just how little she knows of the man she loves and their time together, point to a mentally unstable ninja that can barely keep up the lie and collapses frequently. Sasuke, when coming back home after years, will see through it all and finally relieve the village of this charade. He will then officially announce his love for Suigetsu.

Keep your sanity, people! lmao

I'm all about that gorilla battleman luffy.

also
I don't think this is the only type of Gear Four we'll see. I'm really interested in why he said "Poundman!" when he did Gear 4. I'm thinking that it's either just one model of Gear 4 or just that Luffy thought it was cool to say in that moment. It could honestly be either one

Usobuko

Banned
I'm all about that gorilla battleman luffy.

I don't think this is the only type of Gear Four we'll see. I'm really interested in why he said "Poundman!" when he did Gear 4. I'm thinking that it's either just one model of Gear 4 or just that Luffy thought it was cool to say in that moment. It could honestly be either one

I also like Gear 4th designs wise for combat ability. It gives room for plenty of innovations. You might be right where this is just one model of Gear 4.

Trickster

One Piece

Saw the leaked scans of the gear 4, and didn't like it at all.

Now with context I like it better, makes about as much sense as his previous gears. My main gripe honestly is the dark nightmare luffy shit around his eyes, makes him look not like luffy. Hope Oda decides to remove that part of the design.

Arabesque

Even better.

It is a bit amusing
that compared to the second Jump heroine poster that tosh drew years ago, Kitora had been firmly knocked as the female representative for World Trigger and Chika is now there instead lol. This didn't even happen with Bleach, but I guess it makes sense given Chika is front and centre in that series (both in appearance and plot relevance).

Don't know about any foodgasams though

Kyuur

One Piece

Anyone else think Gear 4th is based off of Sentomaru's fighting style? It kind of mimics his look. I really enjoy the look and the recoil-based power.

Bolt

Pretty enjoyable. I like how Sai's kid and Bolt are bros. And of course, that ending was so satisfying.

It is a bit amusing
that compared to the second Jump heroine poster that tosh drew years ago, Kitora had been firmly knocked as the female representative for World Trigger and Chika is now there instead lol. This didn't even happen with Bleach, but I guess it makes sense given Chika is front and centre in that series (both in appearance and plot relevance).

Don't know about any foodgasams though
Ai
man, I love AI Kittora too. Why she gotta get shafted, Megahouse even skipped her on the figures.....

Nightbird

• 01. One Piece 784 (Cover & Opening Colourpages)
  • 02. Assassination Classroom 137
  • 03. Haikyū!! 155
  • 04. Naruto Gaiden 1 (Colourpages)
  • 05. Hinomaru Zumou 46
  • 06. My Hero Academia 40
  • 07. Black Cover 11 (Colourpage)
  • 08. Toriko 321
  • 09. The Disaster of PSI Kusui Saiki 145
  • 10. Kagamigami 12
  • 11. Gintama 539
  • 12. Shokugeki no Souma 116 + Specialchapter (Colourpage)
  • 13. Ultra Battle Satellite 9
  • 14. Nisekoi 168
  • 15. World Trigger 101
  • 16. Bleach 624
  • 17. Kochikame
  • 18. Cyborg Roggy 10
  • 19. Gakkyu Hotei: School Judgment 20
  • 20. Takujou no Ageha: The Table Tennis of Ageha 22 (End)
  • 21. The Story of Isobe Isobee

Next Issue Colour Pages for: Assassination Classroom, Black Clover
Next Issue New Series with Opening Colour Pages: Seshiji wo Pin! to ~Shikakō Kyōgi Dance-bu e Yōkoso~ by Takuma Yokota

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom