• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTY| Creatively Bankrupt

Status
Not open for further replies.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I'm not sure I'd want a real life girlfriend that was prone to violence, carried a baseball bat and lived in the same country as me.

Sounds like one of those situations where long-distance might be preferred.

Well keep in mind that she won't hit you with it, only the people who try to mess with you.

I love that line, that was her best to date.

Did you get hyped when Mou Bu faced off with the Kan Mei ? Or when Kanki took the head of the Han commander through an ingenious plan?

I had to google those names, so there you go. Tbh only characters that really fixed their names in my mind were ouki and tou. Kanki is "that raging dick", and moubu is just too standard a Might Makes Right character too be interesting, thus im pretty happy with his character changing after he got muh bird of qin killed. Moubs removed a hoooorrible character design from the game, so its all good.

Anyway, quite weird that at the end of the siege of Sai, the author would go " yeah, allathis? Pretty much a complete asspull" but it aint like we reading this for historical accuity. Did, however, google what happened to ryuoku's real counterpart (or whatever is the name of the zhao boy band strategist), and went "wait, they did what to his kneecaps?", so kinda hoping that he follows history there.

Zweizer

Banned
Prison School ch175

Never give up, Kiyoshi!

TQxP6ZH.png

That poor, poor man.

bobohoro

Prison School 175

If I'd have to choose a single memory to live with, I'd guess that one wouldn't be too bad.
And futon folding is a nailbiter.

Shengar

Well I know that! I'm just managing expectations.

I wish my waifu actual real life girlfriend always carried a baseball bat

and was here

in this country

You should invite her. Getting lost in a strange country is much better with two than alone!

Revo

Divine Bells 101

Such a simple plan, hope it doesn't work out.
I would think seeing the divine bell power would be enough to convince them :/

Quixzlizx

So a while back I asked for recs for some good romance in manga (whether its action with a side of romance or just a romance manga in general) and I got these recs. I haven't gotten around to reading them but anyone else have any other suggestions before I delve in? (Though it seems I might have enough already here)
- Molester Man
- Baby Steps
- Rough
- Koharu no Hibi
- Majikoi
- Lovely Complex
- Kimi ni Todoke
- Kamisama Hajimemashita
- Love so Life
- Faster than a Kiss
- Platform
- Jitsu wa Watashi wa
- Tasogare Otome x Amnesia
- Yandere Kanojo
- Hi Score Girl
- Boys on the Run

Bonnouji 10/10 #1 romance series (just check the Suzuka banner!)

Uwagaki

There are a couple of comedy-focused series on your list, so I'd also suggest Love Tyrant.

The first two are already completed, and are only a handful of volumes each.

dani_dc

The Asano section!

PunPun special editions

Someone please tell me why I shouldn't go back tomorrow to buy this special edition(2500 yen) for that Aiko shirt.

Which probably wouldn't fit me due to being too small. Actually if someone could find some info on that it would be much appreciated.
you best not be hareming buster

I'd need to get a single girl first
I wouldn't feel comfortable building an harem.

*yells at dani*

I feel so opressed.

I did see a Japanese women checking KMIN at a manga store today, clearly someone with superior tastes.

Zweizer

Banned
The Asano section!

PunPun special editions

Someone please tell me why I shouldn't go back tomorrow to buy this special edition(2500 yen) for that Aiko shirt.

Which probably wouldn't fit me due to being too small. Actually if someone could find some info on that it would be much appreciated.

That Asano section is beautiful.

I feel so opressed.

I did see a Japanese women checking KMIN at a manga store today, clearly someone with superior tastes.

dani pls

I'll be in Tokyo for a month in August, wish me luck.

Good luck, and have fun!

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Nisekoi
CDr2BVxWEAAxUXA.png

Seriously, Onodera is already the confirmed winner why is he still trying to give fans some hope for something that wont happen. Ichijou would be pretty OoC to change.

You realize Ichijou is already patently right-there-in-the-manual fucking dumb as dogshit right. That is what is in character for him.

Nightbird

Oyasumi Punpun 113

*breathes heavily*

HOLY SHIT

Edit: 114-115
Well, that got even more messed up!

Edit2: 116
I'm getting scared right now of that Guy

Edit3: 117
I need a Break before i go through the last 30 Chapters. I need to think

You realize Ichijou is already patently right-there-in-the-manual fucking dumb as dogshit right. That is what is in character for him.

There is no way that would logically make sense if that what it comes down too. The nisekoi writer would be one of the worst in the field if he did that. He might as well just go for a choose your own girl type of ending instead of making Ichijou ignore every feeling for Onodera and go with the girl that isnt Onodera :( The one time I finally enjoy a romance type of series like this it gets a bad outcome. it would be terrible.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
There is no way that would logically make sense if that what it comes down too. The nisekoi writer would be one of the worst in the field if he did that. He might as well just go for a choose your own girl type of ending instead of making Ichijou ignore every feeling for Onodera and go with the girl that isnt Onodera :( The one time I finally enjoy a romance type of series like this it gets a bad outcome. it would be terrible.

The chance that anyone is picked is like zero. The series ends when he realizes he is in love with all of them, but nobody actually does anything.

Nanatsu comes out around 5PM (PST) on Tuesdays.

4-5. Crunchyroll can't pick a time so its semi-random whether its 4 or 5.

Kieli

The chance that anyone is picked is like zero. The series ends when he realizes he is in love with all of them, but nobody actually does anything.

4-5. Crunchyroll can't pick a time so its semi-random whether its 4 or 5.

Yep, there's days where I don't see UQ until 9 or 10PM.

Angry Grimace

Yep, there's days where I don't see UQ until 9 or 10PM.

Correction: Crunchyroll has everything from Weekly Shounen Magazine (UQ, Yamada, Fuuka, Fairy Tail) listed as a Thursday release this week. I wouldn't be surprised if they release the double-issue later in the week than normal to try and cover the "gap."

Whether that's CR or Kodansha, I don't know.

Nightbird

Oyasumi Punpun [End]

I honestly don't know what to say. The Story and Art were superb. And yet somewhere deep inside of me i didn't liked it.

Maybe because i could relate waay too much with Punpun most of the Times, and didn't wanted to accept how the Manga potrayed the stuff. But i need to accept that this is how things are.

In the End it was some powerful Stuff. It's already clear to me that this Story will affect me in someway, but i'm curios to see how.

If i would rate it, i'd say:

5/5

An Instant Classic, that'll make you think, and proves to me that Manga is a powerful Meduim when used right. I will check out his other Stuff too, but Asano Inio might already become my Favorite Mangaka this year. Or ever.

Zweizer

Banned
Oyasumi Punpun [End]

I honestly don't know what to say. The Story and Art were superb. And yet somewhere deep inside of me i didn't liked it.

Maybe because i could relate waay too much with Punpun most of the Times, and didn't wanted to accept how the Manga potrayed the stuff. But i need to accept that this is how things are.

In the End it was some powerful Stuff. It's already clear to me that this Story will affect me in someway, but i'm curios to see how.

Glad to hear that you appreciated it, even if it wasn't exactly to your liking. I suggest you check out this interview with Inio Asano, as it discusses a lot of stuff concerning Punpun, and provides some interesting additional information.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom