• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTY| Creatively Bankrupt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oyasumi Punpun 113

*breathes heavily*

HOLY SHIT

Edit: 114-115
Well, that got even more messed up!

Edit2: 116
I'm getting scared right now of that Guy

Edit3: 117
I need a Break before i go through the last 30 Chapters. I need to think

Yeah, shit is gonna get real. Good for you for reading it, great manga.

EDIT: I just realized that a lot of you guys just finished reading Punpun, and that's great. It's a great manga and really made me reflect. Like, I was seriously only thinking about the manga for like an entire week after I finished reading it, powerful stuff. Anyways, based God

711316934942.png

aravuus

Oyasumi Punpun 113

*breathes heavily*

HOLY SHIT

Edit: 114-115
Well, that got even more messed up!

Edit2: 116
I'm getting scared right now of that Guy

Edit3: 117
I need a Break before i go through the last 30 Chapters. I need to think

I just picked it up again after a short break (like a week, I think?) and I'm now on chapter 108.

This post isn't exactly filling me with intense urge to keep going lol

e: well, at least there's going to be a lot of people partying like every day for the rest of the week so i can drown my shallow sorrows in alcohol

e2: nvm didn't even have to wait till chapter 113

Punpun 109

what the fuck

Kingdom 350-429

Magical pixie fairies tell Sei to believe in himself? Horrendously corny talking head exposition? MOOOONEEEY RULES THE WORLD MUHAHAHAHA?

Smh.

But at least Shin is rawking dat glaive and muh man tou keeps winning/curleh.
---

And apparently Shamo has ended. Hrm.

aravuus

Oyasumi Punpun END

So yeah. That was some utterly, utterly depressing stuff.

I didn't particularly relate to any of the characters, least of all Punpun, so I doubt it's gonna stick with me as long as it has with some others here. It's 3am, and I expect to be sleeping in an hour or two.

But it did make me think a lot about a ton of things during my read. I have no qualms calling it a masterpiece, everything from art to the writing was absolutely top notch, and I'd definitely recommend it to anyone. I'm just not sure if I'd rate it a 10, if I had to give it a rating.

It's a shame that right now, minutes after finishing it, the foremost thing I'm feeling is annoyance.
I honest to god didn't want Punpun to have a happy (well, I suppose it's debatable how happy it really is) ending. He had become so despicable by the end of it that I just wanted to see him rot in prison. Or somewhere. edit: or i dunno, maybe he's more miserable this way.

Think I'm gonna re-read 20th Century Boys next, a far, FAR more enjoyable coming-of-age story lol

Usobuko

Banned
I recommend Kokou no Hito for those who finished Punpun.

Oyasumi Punpun END

I honest to god didn't want Punpun to have a
happy (well, I suppose it's debatable how happy it really is) ending. He had become so despicable by the end of it that I just wanted to see him rot in prison. Or somewhere. edit: or i dunno, maybe he's more miserable this way.

If you read this Asano Interview, you would learn how the author personally feels about the ending.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Kingdom 350-429

Magical pixie fairies tell Sei to believe in himself? Horrendously corny talking head exposition? MOOOONEEEY RULES THE WORLD MUHAHAHAHA? .

It's disappointing frankly for a series known to be "logical" with stuff like tactics and what-have-you resorted to this :/

I thought the war arc in Magi was tiring to get through.

But this whole flashback is making me fall asleep every time I try to get through one chapter.

Jintor

I thought for a half second "oh shit I don't have a copy of Solanin" and then I remembered I actually have an English copy of Solanin back home

So I finally got some new things from the mail.

Finally got Vols 7 and 8 of D-Gray Man. I gotta say I really do the love art for this series.

I finally got my hands on Tokyo Ghoul Zakki a illustration book filled with art of Tokyo Ghoul by the author Ishida Sui. Man was it worth every dollar I spent on it. The art is really amazing and expressive. Just seeing little details and the way he uses his sorta water color style to draw his art is great. I also found out there was a fake PSP game called Tokyo Ghoul Masquerade drawn by him.

Holy shit them Rize art though, looking real good.😎

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Don't miss Inio Asano's interview, as it clears up a lot of confusion concerning the manga.

I suggest you read Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou next if you want a calming read, or Jitsu wa Watashi wa if you're looking for a more comedic one.

Bit of a late reply, but thank you for linking this interview. Really glad he didn't go with that alternate ending for Punpun, as it not only would've been worse than what we got, it just would've felt, I don't know, dishonest? Not sure if that's the word I'm looking for here, but yeah.

Also, it's crazy to me that he only stuck God in the the first chapter for laughs and had no real game plan there. Wow.

Zweizer

Banned
Bit of a late reply, but thank you for linking this interview. Really glad he didn't go with that alternate ending for Punpun, as it not only would've been worse than what we got, it just would've felt, I don't know, dishonest? Not sure if that's the word I'm looking for here, but yeah.

Also, it's crazy to me that he only stuck God in the the first chapter for laughs and had no real game plan there. Wow.

Yeah, I personally feel the ending we got was the most appropriate one possible. The story behind God is pretty funny as well.

Lain

A Certain Scientific Railgun Volume 10

This volume was BIG. I'm glad it was BIG, otherwise I wouldn't have gotten to read the end of this arc and what an end. The girls were pretty good in helping Shirai pinpoint where Mii-chan was hiding (Uiharu looked so cute relaxing after the hacking twist). I love the silly side of Shirai, but her serious side as part of Judgement is cool too.
Touma lost an arm, unleashed some dragons from his arm and then e had his arm again, which is weird as all hell. I guess I'll get some explanation from either reading the Index manga or the Index novels or the next Railgun volumes lol.

Saten was pretty cool hooking up Touma and Misaka while I was surprised Shirai held up that long before butting in.

The reunion between Mii-chan, Misaki and Dolly was pretty sweet. By the end of the volume I couldn't be angry at Mii-chan too much either.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
TOWER OF GOD

Baam is such a creepy Yandere.

I mean for fuck sake you have girls like Yuri and Androssi and that flame girl crushing on you and you decide to be so Yandere about the one girl that tried to kill and leave you behind?

Come on Baammmmmmmmmmmmm!

kinger256

14-Sai (Fourteen) 1-END

I'm not sure if I liked it or not and I wasn't sure what I was supposed to get out of it but I just couldn't stop reading it. So I guess it's good?

Terrarium in Drawer 1-END

A good amount of enjoyable stories. I liked Nickelodeon more, but I would still recommend this to anyone in the mood for short stories.

Blusby

Rereading the Tsukihime manga and I have to say that I'm loving it even more the second time around. This really is a work that rewards the reader for dissecting it, I'm also approaching the conclusion that Arcueid may very well in fact be the best TM girl.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom