• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTY| Creatively Bankrupt

Status
Not open for further replies.
You people can be shallow and call creepy stalker-kun unattractive as much as you want.

He still delivered us one of the finest moments in the manga.

lblPMk4.png

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Fuuka 61

How does one accidentally grab a chest in that way while sleeping?
That's not a natural hand movement at all.

Either way nothing interesting in this chapter, I really want to believe Quixzlizx idea of this being a troll, but I just don't see that being the case.

It's an anime trope. I'm pretty sure that triangle tits isn't evil, she just has sink or swim expectations.

Panzon

OP spoilers (seems legit)

Looks like Doffy is stuck on the wall laughing and Luffy runs out of juice. Burgess comes to take Luffy out with a sword but Sabo intervenes

Have we done Top 10s in a while?
Top 10, huh?

Shit. I always forget the order for shit below my top five. The first five is always the same though, unless I fuck something up now and it's proof that my memory's already failing me at a young age.

1. Needless
2. JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
3. Devilman
4. Getter Robo Saga
5. Akira

6 is Prison School, and everything after that in no particular order is Nukoduke!, My Balls, Oniichan Control (as incomplete as it is, translation wise), and Ana Satsujin.

At least you're not asking me my top ten video games, I'd sooner die before figuring that one out.

Haruka

Mysterious girl shows up, talks about magic, then a masked magician comes through the TV and starts chasing our two.

While the plot is pretty cliched, the world of magic does seem interesting enough to build something around it.

Sure why not.

Top 10 (No real order)
  • Hunter X Hunter
  • Fullmetal Alchemist
  • Kingdom
  • Gintama
  • Skip Beat!
  • Yotsubato!
  • Bokurano (FUCK THE ANIME!)
  • Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun
  • Great Teacher Onizuka
  • The Voynich Hotel

Slightly missed the cut: Silver Spoon, Oresama Teacher and JoJo Part 7.

Soma

hmmm top ten manga? I guess I can list my most recent favorites:

Takemitsu Zamurai
The Voynich Hotel
Prison School
Blame!
Ran and the Grey World
Horimiya
Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer
Chimoguri Ringo to Kingyobachi Otoko
The Ancient Magus Bride
Solanin

Still going back and forth between listing Solanin or PunPun but Solanin is just more fresh in my mind having finished it more recently. Little tough to decide which of Dowman Sayman's works to put on here but Voynich kinda feels like the most... "cohesive" out of his catalog.

Takemitsu Zamurai
The Voynich Hotel
Prison School
Blame!
Ran and the Grey World
Horimiya
The Ancient Magus Bride
Solanin

Still going back and forth between listing Solanin or PunPun but Solanin is just more fresh in my mind having finished it more recently. Little tough to decide which of Dowman Sayman's works to put on here but Voynich kinda feels like the most... "cohesive" out of his catalog.

Wait since you've read The Ancient Magus Bride, what's your impression of it? I've been meaning to buy it on Amazon and just wanted to know if it's a good read. I mean the artstyle looks really good.

Usotsuki Ouji to Nisemono Kanojo 13

The new kid is already more likable than the supposed love interest even if he does have an ulterior motive!

Soma

Wait since you've read The Ancient Magus Bride, what's your impression of it? I've been meaning to buy it on Amazon and just wanted to know if it's a good read. I mean the artstyle looks really good.

It's a good fantasy story. Romance is nice and subtle and the artwork itself is pretty solid. What I like most about it though is how the author treats the setting with a lot of respect especially with magic being such a huge facet of it. There's a constant air of wonder that really makes you want to know more about the world and what kind of interesting things it holds. I dunno just something about it really makes it stand out from other similar works out there.

Aizo

Banned
I know I'm like wiseblade-level at this point by saying this, but I really do want to post more often and read more manga again. I just graduated from uni last Friday. Although I'm still working full-time hours and studying 2-3 hours a day, I think I can squeeze some manga in.
kishi hack fraud confirmed
I formally request your top 10, wonzo.

Takemitsu Zamurai
The Voynich Hotel
Prison School
Blame!
Ran and the Grey World
Horimiya
The Ancient Magus Bride
Solanin

I love this top 10. It holds a few of the series that I think of that I know I'll love but just haven't read yet. I need to pay more attention to your posts from now on. I think we have similar tastes.
It's a good fantasy story. Romance is nice and subtle and the artwork itself is pretty solid. What I like most about it though is how the author treats the setting with a lot of respect especially with magic being such a huge facet of it. There's a constant air of wonder that really makes you want to know more about the world and what kind of interesting things it holds. I dunno just something about it really makes it stand out from other similar works out there.
This sounds very interesting. I will look into it!

Erigu

Naruto Spoilers are out (maybe)
Yeah, "maybe": that Japanese summary comes from a site that's been wildly unreliable in the past, and the episode title given in that summary isn't the same at all as the one in that French scan of the first page. Sounds like BS.

EDIT: I see that Japanese site has now completely changed its summary to reflect the few scans that have surfaced. As usual.

Lain

Here's my top 10 of total objectivity.

Narutaru
Ushio and Tora
Sugar Sugar Rune
Tetsuwan Girl
Historie
Aria
Miyuki
Tokimeki Tonight
G.T.O.
Cesare

Totally can't get more objective than this.

wonzo

Banned
I formally request your top 10, wonzo.
in no order

FOURTEEN
Banana Bread Pudding
Takemitsu Zamurai
Genkaku Picasso
Fraction
Onani Master Kurosawa
Japan Tengu Party Illustrated
Nijigahara Holograph
7SEEDS
The Laughing Vampire

probs add Glass Mask to that list after catching up on Sangokushi if it turns out to be as amazing as others have led me to believe

Allaur

Husky and Medley
Zweizer!!! It was... really enjoyable. Thanks for recomendation. Girls were very lovely and their relationships looked very pure. While they become close to each other a bit too fast, it was still interesting thanks to that yuri cuteness.

Now I'm in the mood to read some smut. Will try to search it later.

Aizo

Banned
Here's my top 10 of total objectivity.

Narutaru
Ushio and Tora
Dragonball
Tetsuwan Girl
Historie
Aria
Miyuki
Tokimeki Tonight
G.T.O.
Cesare

Totally can't get more objective than this.
No smut
as far as I know
. Huh.
What did you like about Ushio and Tora? Also, Tokimeki Tonight sounds really interesting.
in no order

FOURTEEN
Banana Bread Pudding
Takemitsu Zamurai
Genkaku Picasso
Fraction
Onani Master Kurosawa
Japan Tengu Party Illustrated
Nijigahara Holograph
7SEEDS
The Laughing Vampire

probs add Glass Mask to that list after catching up on Sangokushi if it turns out to be as amazing as others have led me to believe

I know I don't visit much anymore, but I thought Kingdom would be on here for sure. Something change?

upandaway

Have we done Top 10s in a while? I'm more looking for objective views of best ones, rather than favorites, which is why I won't include One Piece, Eyeshield 21, or Shonan Junai Gumi, which I love dearly ;_;7
I wanna see Akito, Kurita, Dakku, panda, Costi, Wonzo, B-dubs, Lele, and Survivor post theirs.
(No offense to those I didn't list. I haven't come here much in the past year.)
Well I'll try, I haven't read anything other than OP (and a bit of Soma) in like half a year now though, if I get a bit of free time I'd rather kick back with an anime episode instead since it's mentally easier to do.
Not sure how to do an objective top 10 from the stuff I've read, I'll try but it'll look super weird

Berserk
Yotsuba
Gintama
One Piece
Baby Steps
Vinland Saga
Molester Man
Hunter x Hunter
Kyou Kara Ore Wa
Full Metal Alchemist

Personal list of favorites, right now at least
Yotsuba
Gintama
Himouto
One Piece
Baby Steps
Law of Ueki
Flying Witch
Medaka Box
Molester Man
Hunter x Hunter

Lain

No smut
as far as I know
. Huh.
What did you like about Ushio and Tora? Also, Tokimeki Tonight sounds really interesting.

Ushio and Tora has great fights and a good build up. It doesn't have the cleanest art but still plenty expressive. Then there is chemistry between the two main characters, the cast of characters is various enough and the story was cool. It was my first Fujita manga and I've become a fan after it.

Tokimeki Tonight is a blast. Lots of comedy and the main girl is just awesome. It can become a bit repetitive at some point given the length though.

Also, lemme swap DragonBall with Sugar Sugar Rune.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Hourou Musuko
Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind
Voynich Hotel
Oyasumi PunPun
Aku no Hana

That's it. I will add some more if I can think of any. These were judged along three axes: Quality of art, quality of writing, and overall depth, which is predominantly influenced by writing, but art is important here too, such as the visual allegory of PunPun, or the imagery of Nausicaa walking among the feelers of the Ohmu.

And it has to have been completed, otherwise Bokura no Hentai would replace Hourou Musuko. Hell, I'm considering replacing it with The first thing I do in the morning is (fuck that title).

Aizo

Banned
Hourou Musuko
Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind
Voynich Hotel
Oyasumi PunPun

That's it. I will add some more if I can think of any.
I really like Myanimelist for keeping track. Avoid the community for the most part, but the database is really nice.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Too lazy to curate it x_x

But the list I do have reminded me of another entry.

Big One

Banned
Hrm a top 10 huh? Let me think of my all time favs, as in the manga that resonated with me the most reading them.

Berserk
Nausicaa
Akira
Battle Angel Alita
Real
Me and the Devil Blues
Kingdom
Jojo's Bizarre Adventure

That's only 8 but it'll do. Probably my all-time favs in how well I took in their work overall in different points of my life.

Yeah, "maybe": that Japanese summary comes from a site that's been wildly unreliable in the past, and the episode title given in that summary isn't the same at all as the one in that French scan of the first page. Sounds like BS.

EDIT: I see that Japanese site has now completely changed its summary to reflect the few scans that have surfaced. As usual.
Darn. I only posted it because the one piece one was legit. Sorry folks.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan

Cake made by Shindol? interesting

Have we done Top 10s in a while? I'm more looking for objective views of best ones, rather than favorites, which is why I won't include One Piece, Eyeshield 21, or Shonan Junai Gumi, which I love dearly ;_;7

Does panda still make new people give theirs?

In no particular order:
GTO
Homonculus
Berserk
Solanin
Mobile Suit Gundam: The Origin
Sanctuary
Vinland Saga
Vagabond
Real
Eden: It's an Endless World

I tried to make mine diverse, but I still have lots of stuff I need to read...
Edit: And I probably included too many Adventure series.

My current top 10

Real
Oyasumi Punpun
Voynich Hotel
Lucifer and Biscuit hammer
GTO
Vinland Saga
I am Hero
Hoshin Engi
Prison School
Saikyo Densetsu Kurosawa

Top 10, huh?

In no order:

Tomorrow’s Joe
Phoenix
Monster
Berserk
One Piece
Basara
Whistle!
1/11
Le Cirque de Karakuri
Mars

With that being said, I did take conscious note to basically pick some of my personal favourites across different genres, so there’s sports, shounen, drama, romance, etc across the board. So some of the stuff there is probably maybe in the my no.20-40 range, but it’s difficult for me to rank it without really thinking it through.

Phoenix is my no.1 though.

Ushio and Tora has great fights and a good build up. It doesn't have the cleanest art but still plenty expressive. Then there is chemistry between the two main characters, the cast of characters is various enough and the story was cool. It was my first Fujita manga and I've become a fan after it.

A fellow Fujitabro!

What's your thoughts on Karakuri Circus so far?

Big One

Banned
Naruto Gaiden 3

Honestly I would not be surprised if Shin turns out to be Itachi's son or some shit. Perhaps a hybrid between Uchiha and the bunny people or something. And then it leads to Part 3 where Naruto and Sasuke goes to space to fight Kaguya's people, then return to Earth to fight cyborg ninja from the future, and then fight a magical space genie at the end.

dani_dc

7SEEDS

Ah yes, those two are great choices as well, I had forgotten about them, though I still need to catch up with Glass Mask, being such a long series I could see it lose steam later on.

I]Bokura no Hentai[/I]

Another one I forgot about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom