• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTY| Creatively Bankrupt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stulaw

Hitoribocchi no OO Seikatsu 1-4

Fairly funny 4-koma, Hitori just started middle school and promised her childhood friend that she'll make friends in middle school because they're going to different schools, so the first person she tries to make friends with is the girl in front of her in class.

nako83s64.png
night3wsqp.png
liking9qssp.png

They're all misunderstandings.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Umaru 100

...Kirie still doesn't know that Umaru is Umaru? I thought she figured that out a long time ago....

Sekirara ni Kiss 01

A girl who hides her true self to avoid being hated by others meets a guy who sees through her lies and causes her to fall in love and want to change herself.

Usual shoujo goodness but it was enjoyable, I like the two main leads and much doki doki.

Blood Blockade Battlefront Vol.06

P9nScgdl.jpg

Three different stories in this volume, each with their own focus on different characters.

The first one was a really nice look into this world with Leo, Zap and Zed looking for lunch. It gives us a really nice look into how different the world is, a really nice world building chapter for doing something as simple as looking for lunch.

The second one was the best one out of this volume, focusing on Chain, her abilities, her skill, it really gives us a good focus on a character that hasn't had much development so far in the series.

The last one was another Klaus story. It was probably the weakest. It was still enjoyable but it lacked the fun or the much needed development of the first two.

It's been a while since I posted here.

Stretch 35-36

just do it already

Boku no Hero Academia 41

rip Iida's bro. rooting for shadow-bird man to win the tourney, anything else would be cliche as hell.

UQ Holder 79

top tier shonen here

D-Gray Man Vol 8

This fuckin Vol was just amazing. Man was Lenalee's fight with the Level 3 Akuma just a straight up adrenaline rush. Seeing as her situation was dire and was close to death, that Level 3 was a monster. Though the best part about this Vol was seeing Lenalee's strength in resolve and her unbreakable will. To the point where she understood what Allen had gone through, made it so fuckin amazing. Still that dream or whatever is bothering me on what kind of relevancy it will have on the future. I really loved the art as well on how Lenalee's 100% innocence activation looked and how she shot down like a meteor and annihilated the Akuma into ashes.

Then it switches off to Allen who is working on bringing back his innocence, which seems a bit difficult at the moment. Later Chomesuke a converted Akuma by General Cross saves Lenalee's life. Then it turns out Lenalee's equipment type innocence saved her life which is uncommon and the belief that her Innocence may be the heart. But man was the ending to the Vol really sad when the crew had to depart from the ship and leave Anita and her crew because they were all dead since Miranda's innocence can't reverse death but only time. The anime adapted this scene really well.

Aizo

Banned
Have we done Top 10s in a while? I'm more looking for objective views of best ones, rather than favorites, which is why I won't include One Piece, Eyeshield 21, or Shonan Junai Gumi, which I love dearly ;_;7

Does panda still make new people give theirs?

In no particular order:
GTO
Homonculus
Berserk
Solanin
Mobile Suit Gundam: The Origin
Sanctuary
Vinland Saga
Vagabond
Real
Eden: It's an Endless World

I tried to make mine diverse, but I still have lots of stuff I need to read...
Edit: And I probably included too many Adventure series.

Have we done Top 10s in a while? I'm more looking for objective views of best ones, rather than favorites, which is why I won't include One Piece, Eyeshield 21, or Shonan Junai Gumi, which I love dearly ;_;7

In no particular order:
GTO
Oyasumi Punpun
Berserk
Eyeshield 21
Otoyomegatari
Vinland Saga
Vagabond
Real

Berserk
Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer
Strongest Man Kurosawa
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (counting this as 1 series, not 8 separate ones)
Prison School
Nozaki-kun
Hunter x Hunter
One Piece
Franken Fran
Uzumaki

Noting my tastes are still pretty pedestrian outside of a few things.

---------------------------------

Looks...better? Kinda?

Aizo

Banned
Berserk
Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer
Strongest Man Kurosawa
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (counting this as 1 series, not 8 separate ones)
Prison School
Nozaki-kun
Hunter x Hunter
One Piece

Franken Fran
Uzumaki

Noting my tastes are still pretty pedestrian outside of a few things.

---------------------------------

Looks...better? Kinda?
I love these. Considering how much I love Horror, I really should have put something, but I just don't know which is objectively good. I've read almost everything that Itou has published, and I love 90% of it. If I could call his Museum of Terror one series, it would be in the top ten for sure.

In no particular order:
GTO
Oyasumi Punpun
Berserk
Solanin
Otoyomegatari
Vinland Saga
Vagabond
Real

Edit: And I probably included too many Adventure series.

• Tokyo Ghoul
  • D-Gray Man
  • Beserk
  • One Piece
  • Barakamon
  • Handa-Kun
  • Yotsuba
  • The Breaker
  • OnePunch Man

I haven't read The Ancient Magus Bride yet but I have a feeling that once I do it will end up in my top 10.

Aizo

Banned
I wanna see Akito, Kurita, Dakku, panda, Costi, Wonzo, B-dubs, Lele, and Survivor post theirs.
(No offense to those I didn't list. I haven't come here much in the past year.)

I love these. Considering how much I love Horror, I really should have put something, but I just don't know which is objectively good. I've read almost everything that Itou has published, and I love 90% of it. If I could call his Museum of Terror one series, it would be in the top ten for sure.

If you like horror, read Franken Fran. Really great body horror.

Quixzlizx

Fuuka 61

My plot prediction is that the Twinkle Star CEO is some sort of industry legend who was pushed out of the spotlight for some reason, and will create legends out of the diamonds in the rough who are willing to work hard enough.

Either that, or this is another masterful Seo troll and they'll end up having to work off their debt in the salt mines after they fail.

rrc1594

We doing Top 10 again. Not in any order. I blame Usobuko for most of my top 10

Yu Yu Hakasho
Naruto
Pun Pun
Death Note
I am a Hero
Boys on the Run
Tokyo Ghoul
Black Cat
To Love-Ru
Inuyasha

Fuuka 61

My plot prediction is that the Twinkle Star CEO is some sort of industry legend who was pushed out of the spotlight for some reason, and will create legends out of the diamonds in the rough who are willing to work hard enough.

Either that, or this is another masterful Seo troll and they'll end up having to work off their debt in the salt mines after they fail.

Plz this.

Note: Dunno if this is my top top 10, more like top 10 series I can remember off the top of my head right now.

Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun
Seishun For-Get!
Hoshin Engi
Pokemon Adventures
Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun
Senyuu
Gintama
Sket Dance
Kurayami ni Strobe
Oresama Teacher

dani_dc

Fuuka 61

How does one accidentally grab a chest in that way while sleeping?
That's not a natural hand movement at all.

Either way nothing interesting in this chapter, I really want to believe Quixzlizx idea of this being a troll, but I just don't see that being the case.

Shengar

I used to have too many manga for top 10, but now I just can't remember them.

Finished
Fullmetal Alchemist
Slam Dunk
Kenji
Pluto (up to volume 6)
Monster
Homunculus

On-Going
Ancient Magus's Bride
Kingdom
Silver Spoon
Vinland Saga

dani_dc

Top 10? Hm, I don't think I thought that far ahead before.

In no order:

• Berserk
  • Prison School
  • Yotsuba&!
  • One Piece
  • Oyasumi Punpun!
  • Kimi Ni No Iru Machi

And that's all I have.

Maybe Centaur's Worries would make it there.

But those are the only ones that come to mind for a top 10 at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom