• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTY| Creatively Bankrupt

Status
Not open for further replies.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Urami Koi, Koi, Urami Koi. 1-3

I think the oneshot set the plot up better, but I guess that it had to change for ox girl to interact with cat girl in human form without throwing up a fuss. I'm still pretty intrigued with the change in rat boy. Instead of actively choosing not to use his powers, he doesn't have them to begin with. I guess when or if he gets them, he'll choose not to exercise them. The change from the father being the villain is kind of odd too, but I guess the grandfather will take over that roll. I guess it was just a change needed to demonstrate his state as a failure.

But seriously, fuck that cliffhanger. Give me the next chapter already.

Petit Petit Tantan Petit Tantan 30

vQMi2Hxl.png

lewd stories chapter even though this is basically lewd stories the series

Protag

Banned
Slam Dunk 185

I said DAMN. What an end to the match. Never has a manga made me feel this way, thats what makes SD so special.

That role reversal for Akagi and Hanamichi. WOW. Perfection.

Time for the nationals.

Usobuko

Banned
Slam Dunk 185

I said DAMN. What an end to the match. Never has a manga made me feel this way, thats what makes SD so special.

That role reversal for Akagi and Hanamichi. WOW. Perfection.

Time for the nationals.

You're in for a ride.

Vagabond 327

Finally there!!

Musashi finally going to have a duel with Kojiro?

I was near the 300th chapter when Kojiro decides to take a boat ride, iirc.

Sesuji wo Pin! to ~Shikakou Kyougi Dance-bu e Youkoso~ 01

Yeah, this is super fun. All that dancing looked amazing. The characters seem to be pretty fun and I don't hate the main character so that's a plus.

pleasedontgetcancelled

mdubs

Banned
Ballroom e Youkoso 09

Oh snap. But I guess he kept dancing though? Between this and Straighten Up! Shika High ballroom dancing manga are killing it, so good.

Anyone else notice this panel from Ch. 1 for Straighten Up?

A24n095.png

Need opinions, how good are My Little Monster and Say I Love You?

Jintor

My Little Monster is one of my favourite manga, though it's a littttttle problematic at times (of the main pairing the guy is a complete social incompetent and also kind of a dick). Main girl is fantastic though.

it can also get really hard to follow near the end, but that was probably because i was going months between chapters. it's all finished now though I think.

Jintor

I want to nerd out about My Hero Academia a little just to talk about how it kind of stands out from the other shonen I've read. I think the main thing that really stands out to me is the hero, Deku, who (despite the occasional goddamn unavoidable shonen SPEEEEECH) is probably one of my favourite shonen protags thus far. He's total scrub tier in this world of superhumans but he trains his ass off to get... a power that backfires spectacularly every time he uses it. But he still manages to work out how to use it well, and you get the sense that he really is holding his own now (i'm only up to like chapter 20 or something). He uses his wits, and he's not a complete idiot like Luffy or an attention seeking idjit like early game Naruto, he's not sort of indescribably bland like Ichigo ended up being; he feels really... well, like a determined 15 year old. Which is pretty good.

The other thing is I feel like it's nice the mangaka doesn't just crap on Deku the entire time and thus far it's mostly been his own self doubt that tends to engulf him once in a while. His classmates could easily have been bully league central but he basically makes friends right off the bat and all his classmates seem like... well, mainly a normal bunch of kids, albiet superpowered. Obviously I'm all in on Frog Girl but I also like Iida cos even though he's the 'smart guy' he misses stuff, but also isn't a cold/haughty jerk about it either. He asks questions and keeps asking questions until he understands! Grav girl is cool too, though I don't have as much to say really.

I rather like Might, but I like him more in his shrivelled personality (he's a bit like Death from SE in that form actually) than when he's being Superman.

anyway can't wait to read more.

I want to nerd out about My Hero Academia a little just to talk about how it kind of stands out from the other shonen I've read. I think the main thing that really stands out to me is the hero, Deku, who (despite the occasional goddamn unavoidable shonen SPEEEEECH) is probably one of my favourite shonen protags thus far. He's total scrub tier in this world of superhumans but he trains his ass off to get... a power that backfires spectacularly every time he uses it. But he still manages to work out how to use it well, and you get the sense that he really is holding his own now (i'm only up to like chapter 20 or something). He uses his wits, and he's not a complete idiot like Luffy or an attention seeking idjit like early game Naruto, he's not sort of indescribably bland like Ichigo ended up being; he feels really... well, like a determined 15 year old. Which is pretty good.

The other thing is I feel like it's nice the mangaka doesn't just crap on Deku the entire time and thus far it's mostly been his own self doubt that tends to engulf him once in a while. His classmates could easily have been bully league central but he basically makes friends right off the bat and all his classmates seem like... well, mainly a normal bunch of kids, albiet superpowered. Obviously I'm all in on Frog Girl but I also like Iida cos even though he's the 'smart guy' he misses stuff, but also isn't a cold/haughty jerk about it either. He asks questions and keeps asking questions until he understands! Grav girl is cool too, though I don't have as much to say really.

I rather like Might, but I like him more in his shrivelled personality (he's a bit like Death from SE in that form actually) than when he's being Superman.

anyway can't wait to read more.

Deku trains and is scrub tier? in what world? His fights always felt like the writer just made him power up extremely and only lost because they had a rock papers scissors contest in the contest and a person who doesnt like Deku won and got to decide the outcome of the fight.

In any case, I didnt see no mention of Todoroki in your post. Are you reading the series correctly?

Jintor

his quirk is he has a double jointed toe, so yeah, the man is scrub tier.

todoroki is okay. i think we're only just begining to explore him though. he's the fire/ice guy right?

jbug617

Banned
Shokugeki no Soma 119

ddGJBYu.jpg

Names of the Elite Ten:

1st Seat- Eishi Tsukasa (3rd yr)
2nd Seat- Rindou Kobayashi (3rd yr)
3rd Seat- Fuyusuke Megijima (3rd yr)
4th Seat- Momo Akanegakubo (3rd yr)
5th Seat- Soumei Saitou (3rd yr)
6th Seat- Nene Kinokuniya (2nd yr)
7th Seat- Satoshi Isshiki (2nd yr)
8th Seat- Terunori Kuga (2nd yr)
9th Seat- Etsuya Eizan (2nd yr)

Tsukasa seems like a nervous guy but probably is a monster.
Elite Ten basically run the school and the shit talking by them (especially Kuga) just fires up the freshmen (even Megumi). I guess the battle will start at the Campus Festival.

Shokugeki no Soma 119

ddGJBYu.jpg

Names of the Elite Ten:

Elite Ten basically run the school and the shit talking by them (especially Kuga) just fires up the freshmen (even Megumi). I guess the battle will start at the Campus Festival.

I really like how its split. 5 Seniors, 4 Juniors and 1 Freshman.

I hope Rindou makes more appearances because she is my favorite design out of them. Also curious how far Soma can get to challenging most of them since half leave at the end of the school year lol

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Need opinions, how good are My Little Monster and Say I Love You?
My Little Monster is like, cream of the crop shoujo. I would always recommend it.

Say I Love You, I didn't like it that much, but it definitely has its strengths. It's a lot more realistic than most shoujo manga, since it's heavily involved in sexual relationships. It actually depicts a girl with (what she considers to be horrific) stretch marks, which I thought was pretty praiseworthy. I just didn't like her love interest or how a lot of the main character's
enemies end up as her friends (sort of)
, and I actually wasn't that interested in the sex. The art kind of sucked, too. But I'd still say giving it a shot couldn't hurt.

balgajo

Shokugeki no Soma 119

ddGJBYu.jpg

Names of the Elite Ten:

Designs I like

2 - God tier
1 ,7 - Very good
5, 10 - Great

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Jojolion 43
It wasn't until this chapter that I realized that Yasuho hasn't seen Josuke since chapter 10 and that they hadn't both recognized each other since chapter 7 (when she was banned from the house). No wonder they started crying upon seeing each other!

Jojolion 43
It wasn't until this chapter that I realized that Yasuho hasn't seen Josuke since chapter 10 and that they hadn't both recognized each other since chapter 7 (when she was banned from the house). No wonder they started crying upon seeing each other!

lol, hard to remember stuff from 3-4 years ago.

Wizard's Soul ~Holy War of Love~ 02

hot dang, look at her gooooo

I'm really liking this. The children's card game is really helping setting up as the base for this world and I'm really glad the relationships are taking full center here.

the bonus of the relationship actually growing makes this even better

Kurohime 42

I'm reading this manga for the second time and... damn I love it! The first 10 chapters aren't that great but it just goes better and better.
I vaguely remember the ending, but I'm sure I'll still end up crying like a little girl ;v

Mob Psycho

Ugh....it was so good...why has it taken a turn from the worst? Keeping Mob out of it is TERRIBLE. One Punch Man is better at the moment.

Jintor

If it's not already apparent I am seriously into Boku no Hero, even this what i would traditionally consider dumb tournament arc but which is going nice and fast enough that I'm not really getting annoyed (also char development/revelations, lots of it).

Jintor

Boku no Hero Academia 1-43

What can I say? I'm in love. Now to not read it for half a year to build a backlog again.

I ended up thinking firebrand was zuko though for half the manga lol

dani_dc

Wouldn't it be nice if the author exposing Marika as the true girl of the promise before killing her off? :p

That were be amazing, but I'd be willing to bet that there's no chance of Marika being the promise girl, it's either Chitoge or Onodera, regardless of who the winning girl is.

We have too much of Marika backstory has a child for her to really be the promise girl anyway.

Misu Misou 1-20 END -- from the author of High Score Girl, this is a tragic and sad story about bullying to the extreme. Revenge Classroom is similar to this except this goes off the deep end. Extremely addicting read and I it's sad too but pretty extreme. Being a fan of High Score Girl I like the character designs here being depicted in various ways that don't get depicted in that manga. Short and sweet. Recommended.

bobohoro

If it's not already apparent I am seriously into Boku no Hero, even this what i would traditionally consider dumb tournament arc but which is going nice and fast enough that I'm not really getting annoyed (also char development/revelations, lots of it).

I actually couldn't really get into it at first, mostly due to the art, but the tournament arc is surprisingly well made and made me a fan in the end. Have fun!

Wouldn't it be nice if the author exposing Marika as the true girl of the promise before killing her off? :p

By now I think none or all of the girls are the promised girl. Or something like that.
Foreshadowing told of a girl on a sickbed (or dying?) in the storybook, so if there really is no asspull or some such, than Marika can at least be ruled out to be his final destination.

Youkai Shoujo 35

Nekomata-chan is nice. I like the tail-ecchi. Fight is also pretty interesting and has some nice twists, Junk-san will probably go all out and at least drive the thing off while nearly dying.

Naruto 700+4

Late to the party but yooooo, Sasuke one-upping himself every week. It's strange having Naruto being entertaining again.

phaze

What really surprised me about this chapter was how Seidou has a Kakuja. The poor bastard must of went through some terrible shit at Aogiri.

At least he got fed regularly. :p Not like poor Rize.

I find it weird how similar his half-kakuja form is to Kaneki's. Yamori who I think was the only other instance we saw had quite a different design. Maybe it's something exclusive to one-eyed ghouls ?

Tower of God 152

Well hello, super, inner, talking power whose full might may only be unlocked at the rate plot demands it.

I'm not sure if I'm getting this right but those two older guys who boarded the train in earlier times seem to have been stuck waiting for their next chance for hundreds of years. Why the hell wouldn't they try to just go with the normal route ? And it doesn't seem like they have some special business to attend to on that train. Unlike their dead and now alive friend from Rachel's squad. The passing of time in tower in general is hella confusing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom