• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTY| Creatively Bankrupt

Status
Not open for further replies.

hipbabboom

Huh? What did I say? Did I screw up again? :(
Over a decade ago

Chapter 1

since the beginning of the series

people are just realizing it now

I mean I get that she wasn't given much quarter during the main series but that's ended and everyone was supposed to have found happiness but Sakura pretty much woke up to a nightmare where everything about her and her happy ending was built on lies and delusions. She's literally being plunked by the author and written in such a way that she comes of insane.

Its not a stretch to imagine shes probably a virgin, her husband knocked up another woman, she's so desperate to have a connection with a man who gives zero shots about her that she's raising his kid from the other woman and she goes full on domestic violence if some even attempts to suggest reality to her. The man she rejected is the shit with the best wife and children in town and shes photoshoping herself into a family photo. She's been made into such a joke to the extent that I'm wondering if shes somehow based on some girl that jilted the author in real life.

Black Clover 2-11

This is literally everything the manga, I wasn't going to say that but then we threw in Magi esque dungeons on top of that I wanna be the pirate hokage king and the "you're my rival to the top" and "you're a loser with no gift jk you get op gift" lololol.

This is dumb shonen shit, but it's fun and Aster is just likeable enough to make it work.

Black Clover 12-16 or 17 whatever is current

I read somewhere and I agree, Black Clover feels like it was made by a team of people who analyzed everything that makes a mega hit shonen shit series, plugged that info into a machine, and Black Clover came out. It kind of reminds me of Fairy Tail in that it never really does anything crazy good or crazy bad it just does the basics very well.

hipbabboom

Huh? What did I say? Did I screw up again? :(
Re:Monster
Reading ahead a bit in the LN seems to confirm what I've strongly suspected since the last few chapters of the manga and I'm completely surprised that I'm still into the series knowing that i'm not reading a story that attempts to stay within conventional moral constructs.

We've all read works where we see what the monsters do and how the conflict involves trying to stop it and all the ethics and morals that influence it are a one dimensional aspect to the point we would use words like 'complex' to describe rare but minor deviations from that formula. This series turns this whole concept inside out as though what's normal is so far outside our standards of acceptability, youre forced to deal with it if you want to continue with the story.

Rabbit Foot

An one shot about a guy who gets roped into treasure hunter due to a guy falling down from the sky.

A bit of a mess. The pacing is fine, just the art and telling what's actually going on in the middle isn't.

Re:Monster
We've all read works where we see what the monsters do and how the conflict involves trying to stop it and all the ethics and morals that influence it are a one dimensional aspect to the point we would use words like 'complex' to describe rare but minor deviations from that formula. This series turns this whole concept inside out as though what's normal is so far outside our standards of acceptability, youre forced to deal with it if you want to continue with the story.

If it means more blood and war, I am all in.

360pages

If Kubo was smart he would have just made a bunch of spin-off manga featuring the side characters of bleach instead of trying to shove a cast of 30+

I mean I get that she wasn't given much quarter during the main series but that's ended and everyone was supposed to have found happiness but Sakura pretty much woke up to a nightmare where everything about her and her happy ending was built on lies and delusions. She's literally being plunked by the author and written in such a way that she comes of insane.

Its not a stretch to imagine shes probably a virgin, her husband knocked up another woman, she's so desperate to have a connection with a man who gives zero shots about her that she's raising his kid from the other woman and she goes full on domestic violence if some even attempts to suggest reality to her. The man she rejected is the shit with the best wife and children in town and shes photoshoping herself into a family photo. She's been made into such a joke to the extent that I'm wondering if shes somehow based on some girl that jilted the author in real life.

well it is Sakura though what do you expect :/

it could all still be a ruse but that theory isn't something that Sakura as a character wouldn't do

FlowersisBritish

fleurs n'est pas britannique
Prison School 179

Haha that symbolism. haha that other symbolism.
PBR san is the best girl
How's Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer? I only seem to see overwhelming praise from people who love it around.

I think that is my favorite manga of all time. It might take awhile to get hooked, but just wait till the end of the first act(I think it's chapter 14?) to drop it if you don't like it.

If Kubo was smart he would have just made a bunch of spin-off manga featuring the side characters of bleach instead of trying to shove a cast of 30+

I would actually be super for that. Bleach has a lot of great side characters, most are way better than the actual cast.

Yankee to Yandere no Karera ni wa Tomodachi ga Inai 01

d1tPxFS.png

The interaction of two guys, one a yankee and the other a yandere.

Amusing, nice bro-ship going on here. I'm liking this, it's basically two guys being amusing, lol

Lain

How's Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer? I only seem to see overwhelming praise from people who love it around.

It's good (good fights, good characters, good exchanges between the characters, some really touching moments and good pacing). Art style might take a bit to get used to, though I really like it.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Black Clover 12-16 or 17 whatever is current

I read somewhere and I agree, Black Clover feels like it was made by a team of people who analyzed everything that makes a mega hit shonen shit series, plugged that info into a machine, and Black Clover came out. It kind of reminds me of Fairy Tail in that it never really does anything crazy good or crazy bad it just does the basics very well.

I think what annoys me most is that kids in Japan are eating it up.
At least in terms of rankings. It's not a major first volume seller like AssClass, Soma, or MHA were.
But it's just the most generic, paint-by-numbers, grey sludge, and the kids are happily holding out their hands and asking for more.

Yep

2x Yep

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
The ultimate troll is that Karin comes up as Sarada's mother due to the fact that she has Uzumaki DNA. The truth is that Both Sasuke's marriage to Sasuke and Naruto's marriage to Hinata are just shams for the real OTP: Sasuke and Naruto. Sarada is the result when they wanted to have a child together and asked Orochimaru to produce one for them using his weird science (hence why he is allowed to do whatever he wants despite being demonstrably evil).

If that's what going to happen, i'll be using Kishimoto avatar for year!

Amazing. Definitely in my top 10 manga of all times.

How Alice forgave Ryou.

The one who yaoi fans can finally ship with someone other than Bach.
cute~

dani_dc

Domestic na Kanojo 53

"Well...some of the fault lies with me as well [that you almost raped me]"

I...what...

"So I'll let it go this time, but if this happens again [you try to rape me] I'll really hate you, okay?"

..... I...uh.

...I have nothing to say. This doesn't deserve a comment.

They're Nazis.
That is only a slight exaggeration.

Ghost Nazis

No they are fucking worthless so don't even bother

Uh, that's, er... ok!

rrc1594

Domestic na Kanojo 53

"Well...some of the fault lies with me as well [that you almost raped me]"

I...what...

"So I'll let it go this time, but if this happens again [you try to rape me] I'll really hate you, okay?"

..... I...uh.

...I have nothing to say. This doesn't deserve a comment.

Uh, that's, er... ok!

I hate it makes me uncomfortable as a reader. I hate rape in stories and it's even worst when it's brushed off like it's nothing. Being love sick and drunk is no excuse for all most doing something so heinous. It makes me hate the characters for not taking it serious

bobohoro

Top-10 easily for me, great twists, awesome cast, nice fights and a well-done mix of action, drama and humor.

Prison School 179

Hana marking her territory has lead her to being a bit more aggressive towards potential female threats. Go Hana!

Domestic Na Kanojo 53

The way this manga handled attempted rape is somehow very disgusting.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
I barely---no, scratch that, make that never--see anyone in here commenting about ReLife. I can't possibly be the only person in here reading it right?

I find it to be very charming and enjoyable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom