• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTY| Creatively Bankrupt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhapsody

Banned
Domestic na Kanojo 53

Still can't believe that author would do that to Al as a character from last chapter. Also Hina's still not giving it her all in this relationship. Make it very hard for me to like her still.

Arabesque

I barely---no, scratch that, make that never--see anyone in here commenting about ReLife. I can't possibly be the only person in here reading it right?

I find it to be very charming and enjoyable.

I'm just waiting for the translation to be caught up with the official comico app so I can understand what's going on better.

It's a pretty nice series. The cast is all around pretty likeable.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
I barely---no, scratch that, make that never--see anyone in here commenting about ReLife. I can't possibly be the only person in here reading it right?

I find it to be very charming and enjoyable.

Don't worry bro, i read it too. And it's already greenlit for anime.
I haven't post my impression since "guilt trip/ burden of being genius" Maybe i'll post it later

Great Yuno illustration in the BLack CLover volume.
57e2dd59ccbf6c81948aa275b93eb13532fa404b.jpg

hipbabboom

Huh? What did I say? Did I screw up again? :(
Prison School 179

Poor Kiyoshi, traumatized. Even worse, doesn't realize what the kiss could mean.

Hana is a scarily developed character. From the moment she was first pissed on, shes been on a mission that exposed the fact that shes always been insane. The fact that she conceived the futon plan to get even on the last 3 of the 4 shames Kiyoshi levied on her was insane. The scary part is the fact shes her self again but is now in love with her victim.

Zweizer

Banned
Hana is a scarily developed character. From the moment she was first pissed on, shes been on a mission that exposed the fact that shes always been insane. The fact that she conceived the futon plan to get even on the last 3 of the 4 shames Kiyoshi levied on her was insane. The scary part is the fact shes her self again but is now in love with her victim.

That's what makes her great~

District Hakkenshi [code:T-8] episode 78

Wow, Shino's sister and Sousuke getting married?! I had him with Shino not the sister, silly time skip.

Pretty funny reunion chapter, glad the parents are understanding.

The Obligatory Harem Contract episode 33

Giant duck lol.

Maybe this is ending soon if they are finally back to the opening car scene. Still I dont know why someone would place dead bodies in a car.

Umibozu

naruto 707

Am I the only one that thought the dna sample they tested was sasukes?

renai boukun 24

shikimi seems like she will use the play to kiss guri to gain immortality

Arabesque

Shokugeki no Soma 122 spoiler impressions

What I really like is that Tsukada's promise of "many things to come" for the cast after the Fall Classic is starting to show up now. We get Nikumi's own brief development in the form of her devoting her talent to helping her society grow and not being a lackey of Erina, you get Alice making her own plans to make a big impact on the Festival (by borrowing Hayama lol) and showing how the top students keep on seeking each other to keep on improving (and keeping the story fresh by having them all interact outside of their own circle and cliques), and obviously you have the brief hints that Megumi's growth is still ongoing. Erina continuing to show up more regularly is also pretty great, since she and Soma work so well as a comedic duo.

I'm sure some will default to wiafu and shipping talk when this chapter comes out poorly translated, but I liked that Megumi sought out to help Soma. It was a nice gesture from her and also serves as good grounds for her story when it will be pointed out that she needs to stop being his sidekick down the line. It's where her story is going after what we had seen through the training camp, the tournament and Stagiere week, so looking forward to see where Tsukada goes with it.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I'm glad I'm not the only one annoyed with the shipping talk in Soma. It's waste of time.

Arabesque

Yeah, it's one of the things that always turns me off from talking about the manga online because many time it seems like it's the only thing anyone wants to talk about.

Despite the fact that it's not even touched upon yet in the series itself.

Finished Solanin yesterday

:'( Great story but I can't help to feel sad.

On another tone :

Kangoku Gakuen/Prison School 178+179

This is gold. Seriously. I love how they turn this ecchi scene into something funny. It's not creepy like KissXSis, it doesn't take itself seriously.
Also the whole "PBR-sama" is hilarious x)

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Shokugeki no Soma 122 spoiler impressions

What I really like is that Tsukada's promise of "many things to come" for the cast after the Fall Classic is starting to show up now. We get Nikumi's own brief development in the form of her devoting her talent to helping her society grow and not being a lackey of Erina, you get Alice making her own plans to make a big impact on the Festival (by borrowing Hayama lol) and showing how the top students keep on seeking each other to keep on improving (and keeping the story fresh by having them all interact outside of their own circle and cliques), and obviously you have the brief hints that Megumi's growth is still ongoing. Erina continuing to show up more regularly is also pretty great, since she and Soma work so well as a comedic duo.

I'm sure some will default to wiafu and shipping talk when this chapter comes out poorly translated, but I liked that Megumi sought out to help Soma. It was a nice gesture from her and also serves as good grounds for her story when it will be pointed out that she needs to stop being his sidekick down the line. It's where her story is going after what we had seen through the training camp, the tournament and Stagiere week, so looking forward to see where Tsukada goes with it.

She can't stop being Soma's sidekick until she abandons her obvious goal of being Soma's waifu.

Basically her character development hinges on Erina shattering her hopes and dreams on a whim.

Rhapsody

Banned
Domestic Na Kanojo 53

The way this manga handled attempted rape is somehow very disgusting.

Besides how weird and forgiving the characters were to what happened, how does Japanese police usually handle occurrences like these?
Curious if it's some weird culture gap or something since the police didn't even do anything.

Marche90

naruto 707

Am I the only one that thought the dna sample they tested was sasukes?

Pretty sure you're not. At least that's the same conclusion some people reached the day the chapter was posted. Still, doesn't change the fact that Kishimoto is trolling the Sakura fans pretty hard

Arabesque

She can't stop being Soma's sidekick until she abandons her obvious goal of being Soma's waifu.

Megumi's goal is to be Soma's waifu when she isn't even aware of her feelings of him, or her even having strong enough feelings to be his girlfriend?

You should back look into how she was during the tournament when she was try to succeed on her own and also her brief time in Stagiere week. The author is clearly setting up for her to undergo major shake up in her character, just like he did with all the rest of the central cast and supporting characters.

Basically her character development hinges on Erina shattering her hopes and dreams on a whim.

Why? Did Megumi's development during the tournament hinged on Erina being around and interacting with Soma? Did Erina hinder Megumi or support her when they teamed up?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I think you're taking that a wee bit too seriously.
KuGsj.gif
That wasn't a serious prediction of the plot. I tend to doubt Tadokoro's actual life plan is seriously marrying Soma, but she is obviously in love with him.

I think we already went through the "stop being Soma's sidekick" in the Training Camp arc though. I doubt we're gonna see it again. She's helping him in this arc because she loves him; that's probably all there is to it.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
New Game 13
One does not simply play with A/C temperature!

Shiori Experience 6

LMAO when Shiori find out her brother song is actually cover of Jimi Hendrix Purple Haze.

Arabesque

I think you're taking that a wee bit too seriously.
KuGsj.gif
That wasn't a serious prediction of the plot. I tend to doubt Tadokoro's actual life plan is seriously marrying Soma, but she is obviously in love with him.

Just sort of hard to figure out, sorry for that. Had read far too many discussions about shipping in this manga, so I'm sort of sour on it. I'll just try and be more cordial about it in the future and not take it as seriously.

The way I see it, Tadokoro is still unaware of her feelings for Soma, even if the seeds are there. So her feelings are something for the future not for her immediate story development.

I think we already went through the "stop being Soma's sidekick" in the Training Camp arc though. I doubt we're gonna see it again. She's helping him in this arc because she loves him; that's probably all there is to it.

She is sort of regressing into that role again slowly however. Perhaps out of habit, a little because she's overconfident in Soma. I still think it's okay but she is eventually going to have to break out of her super timid nature.

When she does fall in love Some whenever, that will be something else for her to deal with.

Angry Grimace

Just sort of hard to figure out, sorry for that. Had read far too many discussions about shipping in this manga, so I'm sort of sour on it. I'll just try and be more cordial about it in the future and not take it as seriously.

The way I see it, Tadokoro is still unaware of her feelings for Soma, even if the seeds are there. So her feelings are something for the future not for her immediate story development.

She is sort of regressing into that role again slowly however. Perhaps out of habit, a little because she's overconfident in Soma. I still think it's okay but she is eventually going to have to break out of her super timid nature.

When she does fall in love Some whenever, that will be something else for her to deal with.
Whether she is actively aware of it or not probably doesn't matter. That's just why I assume she's doing it.

I just don't know that there's really going to be another arc like the training camp. She's probably just stuck as the sidekick for the purpose of giving the main character a sidekick. I don't know that it's legitimately plot relevant anymore that she relies on Soma too much.

Marche90

Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari ch15

I wonder if reconciliation will ever be possible.

That event went differently from the web novel, since in there Naofumi never gets angry at Melty. Huh. Reconciliation with her? Sure. With Malty (aka Bitch, her older sister), not a chance in hell.

EDIT: Or did I got my facts wrong? It's been ages since I last read that section :lol

Zweizer

Banned
That event went differently from the web novel, since in there Naofumi never gets angry at Melty. Huh. Reconciliation with her? Sure. With Malty (aka Bitch, her older sister), not a chance in hell.

EDIT: Or did I got my facts wrong? It's been ages since I last read that section :lol

Nah, I meant the jerks bunch, as they lack any other purpose than to be petty assholes, which is getting tired at this point. Everything they do now also lack the bite of the stuff at the start as well.

Little princess will obviously be pals with him in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom