• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTY| Creatively Bankrupt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhapsody

Banned
Nisekoi 174

Chitoge was really cute this chapter. Also, while we all know that Raku won't know that Chitoge means that it's Raku that she likes, at least he knows that she likes someone now.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Nisekoi 174

Chitoge was really cute this chapter. Also, while we all know that Raku won't know that Chitoge means that it's Raku that she likes, at least he knows that she likes someone now.
Despite the fact there are only two male characters.

Hey, at least Yamcha didn't get stuck raising Trunks and Bulla.

She officially passed Yamcha with this last chapter, Yamcha never had to raise Vegeta's kids.

Other from that praising in the tourney..yea she seems to have the advantage lol.

W'ell see though since everything seems ok for the movie and this all leads up to that.

If this whole thing is actually intentional then man Kishimoto what the flying fuck

Nordicus

Looking for a Father 33

God damn it man, stop attracting underage girls.

Lb7j1MT.jpg
There's too much doki doki~ goin' on!

My Hero Academia 46

I bet the old geezer will be a massive disappointment. I'm prepared to eat crow if I'm wrong.

Pastel 1-25

An interesting Slice of Life manga. I don't normally read romance manga so I'm not even sure if it's good or bad. It is ecchi also so take that as you will.

phaze

Tokyo Ghoul :re 32 spoilers
Hinami has dead eyes now. ;_; And Sasaki looks hideous, we're never getting sexy Ken back.
0k4tkrd55s2d.png

Hastati

Suicide Island 40

Been enjoying this one, it has a lot going on, but starting to get worried about angst and the possibility for constant annoying trolling/oppression and control phenomena with the competing characters.

For those further down the line, does it get more interesting or more tiring in terms of character interactions?

Usobuko

Banned
Pastel 1-25

An interesting Slice of Life manga. I don't normally read romance manga so I'm not even sure if it's good or bad. It is ecchi also so that that as you will.

You might want to wait for a while before continuing reading this. Like I had since a
decade ago.
Honestly though, it is more innocent and naive rom-com compared to its peers and my taste has somewhat diverge after all these years.

Suicide Island 40

Been enjoying this one, it has a lot going on, but starting to get worried about angst and the possibility for constant annoying trolling/oppression and control phenomena with the competing characters.

For those further down the line, does it get more interesting or more tiring in terms of character interactions?

Warning: slight spoilerish.

Main character did get more mature later on and romance wise, you might like what you see. In short, to sum up the direction of the story, less angst and more conflicts.

You might want to wait for a while before continuing reading this. Like I had since a
decade ago.
Honestly though, it is more innocent and naive rom-com compared to its peers and my taste has somewhat diverge after all these years.
It is quite naive but that's what I like about it so far. I'm testing the waters to see how I enjoy this genre.

Pastel 1-25

An interesting Slice of Life manga. I don't normally read romance manga so I'm not even sure if it's good or bad. It is ecchi also so take that as you will.

Hope you have massive amounts of patience

Also Pastel is at 39 volumes and still going!? I guess it's like Oh! My Goddess, just never ends.

And its slow as fuck.

Molasses moves faster than stuff in that series

Prison School 179

Chiyo is naive and innocent, but she's starting to suspect.

but then again, like with her sister, she might attribute her female intuition as wild imagination and we're back at square one.

arg this manga, so many angles and concepts!

Furyous

Kuang Shen / Fury 14

Nooooo, protagonist is injured. Hopefully this leads to a new revelation with him settling whomever his mother was supposed to meet.

Can't wait til he get his cover blown by a student.

Kyuur

Tokyo Ghoul: Re 32 Spoilers

I just can't help myself any more.

Timeskip!

Urie got some sort of badge, while Mitsuki gets promoted above him LOL

Hinami is in prison thanks to Haise's efforts (not the best outcome, but at least she isn't dead!) and Akira isn't happy about it. Can't see this leading anywhere good.

Looks like the struggle between Haise and Kaneki isn't over yet. It's just going to get more complicated from here.

Some more Tsukiyama teasing... I kind of hope they resolve that this arc, although it is cool seeing more of his family.

Arabesque

What happen to Magi feels like there hasn't been a chapter in years

The quick rundown after the Magnostadt arc is this:

All major world powers gather for a a semi-world congress where they sit down and listen to Aladdin's story. They get an entire a flashback arc where the backstory and biggest secret of the world is revealed. Big bad is named and everything. But instead of everyone teaming up to save the world like Aladdin wanted/hoped to happen, they just engage in petty politics.

Meanwhile, Hakuryuu says fuck it, teams up with Judar, conquers a dungeon, becomes the Ko empire King Vessel, and goes and solos the Big Bad
his mother
on his own, he wins and becomes the Emperor. During all of this, he goes a bit insane due to brainwashing, so he decides that everyone who ever teamed up with the Big Bad needs to die as well (understandable if harsh)

Alibaba tries to stop him, they fight
Alibaba loses the fight and his soul is sent to the equivalent of the Magic World in Magi, while Hakuryuu loses both his legs

At the same times, Aladdin and Judar decide to also fight
and Judar losses badly and gets sent into out of space, Kars style. He ends up landing into the Magical World next to Alibaba, and the 2 decide to team up to get back home

Aladdin cries because he thinks Alibaba
died
, Hakuryuu
makes new legs out of some plants, and
goes to what he was doing.

The people that Hakuryuu is trying to execute decide they don't like the idea of paying for their crimes, so they rebel.

They are in the middle of a civil war currently.

It's all sort of okay, but nothing really exceptional. Guess not many are that interested in the way the manga went now, which is why there isn't much discussion about it.

To be honest, even the tone of the manga is a lot different from how it used to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom