• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTY| Creatively Bankrupt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zweizer

Banned
I can't...

Akane is the greatest troll of all time confirmed.

I thought that had already been confirmed since a long time!

"Finally, the erotic Doraemon parody manga series no one asked for"
in76h.gif

Yeah, stuff like that already existed for a while. Still, I'm surprised there's an actual serialization of it.

Either way, I'll be passing this one.

Kurita

The Minna! Esper dayo! movie will star gravure idols like Ai Shinozaki and Anna Konno. This will be "super interesting". The drama was already quite lewd so... Hype.
I'll let you google them.

random25

Nisekoi 174

What the heck Raku? Why can't you be honest for once and just dump Chitoge there? Sheesh another 100 chapters for this...

Zweizer

Banned
Kyou no Kerberos ch6

You know, I kind of miss real delinquents sometimes.

Ore ga Ojou-sama Gakkou ni "Shomin Sample" Toshite Rachirareta Ken ch40

She found her kindred spirit!

(What kind of supposedly safe academy has bears freely running around nearby??)

phaze

Tokyo Ghoul: Re 32 Spoilers

I just can't help myself any more.

Timeskip!

Urie got some sort of badge, while Mitsuki gets promoted above him LOL

Hinami is in prison thanks to Haise's efforts (not the best outcome, but at least she isn't dead!) and Akira isn't happy about it. Can't see this leading anywhere good.

Looks like the struggle between Haise and Kaneki isn't over yet. It's just going to get more complicated from here.

Some more Tsukiyama teasing... I kind of hope they resolve that this arc, although it is cool seeing more of his family.

I'm weak too. :/

Haise has some kind of flashback to Mado and the time he went to CCG with Touka. :O

But still I wish he and Kaneki would fuck already. Or better; if Haise just fucked off altogether. Not a fan of this amnesia and dual personality angle and it seems it's going to stay for at least one or two arcs. Another meltdown after ~65 chapters worth of story ?

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Really though, I'm surprised it took this long for an "erotic Doraemon parody".
It's been around since the 70's (though it technically began December 1969), that's a pretty long time.
Unless there have been and we just didn't know about them

Zweizer

Banned
Really though, I'm surprised it took this long for an "erotic Doraemon parody".
It's been around since the 70's (though it technically began December 1969), that's a pretty long time.
Unless there have been and we just didn't know about them

There have been fanarts and other small-time parodies of this kind since a long while. What's surprising is that something like that got a serialization.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Jitsu Wa watashi wa 82
Will watch middle aged and evil mahou shojo anime.
/dead

AdamJensenI'veneveraskedforthis.jpg
The Minna! Esper dayo! movie will star gravure idols like Ai Shinozaki and Anna Konno. This will be "super interesting". The drama was already quite lewd so... Hype.
I'll let you google them.

I've read the 1st chapter and i'm laughing like a hyena everytime tenga cafe guy open his mouth.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Shokugeki no Soma

The explusion threat is meaningless....unless you're Soma
KuGsj.gif

Meat-blush faces haha. Also, lol @ Hisako acting like a normal human and Erina being incapable of dealing.

Zweizer

Banned
Shokugeki no Soma ch122

Heh. Sichuan and their spiciness. There's a saying that goes like this for these spicy regions:

[A] 辣不怕
不怕辣
[C] 怕不辣

[A] Can tolerate spiciness.
Isn't afraid of spiciness.
[C] Fears it isn't spicy.

(Basically it's an escalation, with the last line bragging about a particular region's obsession with spiciness compared to the others.)

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
The real question is whether Yugioh's cooking could give Kotomine Kirei a foodgasm.
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif

Soma 122: Prediction

Soma will focus on chinese food that can ease spicyness and counteract it, to differentiate himself from Kuga and use Kuga's booth to his advantage

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
It's kind of a shame that my favorite cuisine is being represented by dickhead rapist yugi muto.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
So the teams are...

Yuki/Tadokoro, maybe Miyoko, maybe Meat
Erina/Hisako
Alice/Dark Soma/Curry Guy
Yugi/Shaolin Monks
Josuke/Meat fans
Ishiki/Polar Star Mooks

The manga's been teasing Smoker for a while now, and smoking lends itself well to festivals so I think we're going to see him a lot this time.

at least Curry Guy is sexy! too bad seafood gets berserk dark Soma and sichuan gets yugioh-kun

Tadokoro is also kind of seafood.

Gokukoku no Brynhildr 147

Hell yes, the prospect of a Kanaless holiday wasn't an appealing one. Though there was so much love in this chapter that it's gotten me paranoid that something catastrophic is about to happen to the Tachibanas. But I'm sure the author wouldn't do that after such a touching reunion, right? Right?

Omoito (a.k.a Alice in Blunderland) and other Touhou doujins #4
If NTR had a wimpy younger brother, I guess this'd be it.

Can't believe it took me 3 goddamn years to read the finale of this. There must've been a period when I went cold turkey on doujins or something and missed its release. Would've been a tragedy if it hadn't been rectified, since there may never be a more developed and engaging portrayal of Hourai, and the side order of Shanghai Alice doesn't hurt either. On the downside, I'm again reminded how perfect the puppeteer and her dolls would've been for DDC.

By this point I may as well accept that I'm going to end up re-reading everything that's ever been released in the history of ever. Well, that's fine too.

Nisekoi 174

I'm looking forward to all the thrilling developments that will flow from this nail-biting cliffhanger. Also there's a sinking realisation in my stomach that Chitoge is now 2nd best of the main quartet. Not much of an achievement when you consider the competition, but still.

Magical Patissier Kosaki-chan!! 9

#teammarisfantasy

Shokugeki no Soma 122

#teamalicesspice

Zweizer

Banned
Omoito (a.k.a Alice in Blunderland) and other Touhou doujins #4

If NTR had a wimpy younger brother, I guess this'd be it.

Can't believe it took me 3 goddamn years to read the finale of this. There must've been a period when I went cold turkey on doujins or something and missed its release. Would've been a tragedy if it hadn't been rectified, since there may never be a more developed and engaging portrayal of Hourai, and the side order of Shanghai Alice doesn't hurt either. On the downside, I'm again reminded how perfect the puppeteer and her dolls would've been for DDC.

By this point I may as well accept that I'm going to end up re-reading everything that's ever been released in the history of ever. Well, that's fine too.

Omoito is great, especially the art. I didn't like the whole
Grimoire possession
stuff too much, but everything else was top-notch. Too bad Mori no Hon is rather busy with work nowadays, and didn't do anything as ambitious as it again.

Nothing wrong with re-reading everything! Although I personally would be bummed by the fact that a lot of the older circles are now inactive. Thankfully I still have Millet Soup to warm my heart~

Rhapsody

Banned
Shokugeki no Soma 122

Again, I always look forward to Erina's reactions when she sees Soma. She's not so quick to be pissed either (but then Souma usually does or say something). And cool, Alice actually doing something again. Manga needs more of her.

Furyous

Fury/Kuang Shen 16

Protagonist fulfilled his obligation to his mum finally. Wait, is he royalty? We need more of this human raised in beast territory's experiences in the human realm.

Fury/Kuang Shen 17

Protagonist ain't shit confirmed by the rejection.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom