• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTY| Creatively Bankrupt

Status
Not open for further replies.

mdubs

Banned
ballroom e youkoso 11

Its beautiful!

I aint suffering no more. Bring it to NA and ill buy it day0.

Kodansha pls

The three titles I need licesned beyond anything else:

Punpun
Silver Spoon
Ballroom E Youkoso

It makes me so happy that Yen Press did the lord's work a few months ago licensing the formerly perpetual no. 1 on that list, Horimiya.

SHwxUi4.png

Parents approve of best girl.

This is good.

Arabesque

Probably going to be more of a "there's more to Chinese Cuisine than just this single aspect".

But for real though, Sichuan is pretty damn good.

Jitsu wa Watashi wa 82

Akane you glorious demon. I need this spinoff to happen now!

Shokugeki no Soma 122

Erina is always helping Soma out now. Their interactions have changed so much. Good to see more of Hishoko too. Tadokoro and Meat are adorable as always. Team Alice is gonna be tough to beat.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Pic of Soma's stand at the Festival:
3.jpg

He doesn't have enough employees, although I'm like 99% certain Professor Hojo is joining his team since she has a pretty important part in the arc and isn't in a club.

Whatever it is, I wouldn't be surprised if he's just going to use a portion of it and mix Japanese or French cuisine to make it unique.

It was weird that Tadokoro mentioned Soma using his specialty when I have no clue what his specialty even is.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Well he's assembling his party right now. We can assume at least 3 people, maybe 4. If it's 4, then they can reference Journey to the West.

Rhapsody

Banned
It was weird that Tadokoro mentioned Soma using his specialty when I have no clue what his specialty even is.

At this point, I feel like his specialty is pretty much just making up stuff. He runs a special of the day restaurant... so it sort of makes sense? I dunno.

Also E3 week is here. Get ready for it to interfere with our daily manga postings.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
His "specialty", if he actually has one, is Japanese home cooking.

Aizo

Banned
I have so much manga to catch up with ;___;
Edit:
Speaking of which...

GTO Paradise Lost - 1-29
It started off verrryyy similar to GTO, which is great, but it's really grown into it's own series. I love this. I wish there was more. Maybe I should've waited even longer to start it...

Zweizer

Banned
Whatever it is, I wouldn't be surprised if he's just going to use a portion of it and mix Japanese or French cuisine to make it unique.

Yeah, I'd say that's the most likely outcome, along with a dish that complements the spiciness rather than enforces it. Him being suddenly able to match Yugi in spiciness would be a tad far-fetched.

He has to show that he's better at Yugi at something though.

Maybe a different form of chinese food. Something sweet or a snack perhaps?

Complementing spicy food with something that cools them down with is a good idea.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Soma.

Oh come on, how can anyone deny that Tadakoro is simply the best :3 <3

Love the girl so much.

Sprite

If you are a fan of end-of-world manga, I'd greatly recommend this manga for you to read, GAF.

Zweizer

Banned
He has to show that he's better at Yugi at something though.

Maybe a different form of chinese food. Something sweet or a snack perhaps?

Complementing spicy food with something that cools them down with is a good idea.

I wonder if the author will manage to surprise us, as while the idea of something that counterbalances extreme spiciness makes the most amount of sense, it's also pretty predictable.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Shokugeki no soma 122
Tadokoro decide to join Soma huh? I wouldn't be surprised if one of the main ingredient will be preserved/dried veggie. Something sweet to counter yugioh spicy mapotofu... lol at Alice teaming up with curry.

phaze

Tokyo Ghoul :re 32

Slow chapter with not a lot going in it. Hinami got Touka'd, Thrown off from the pedestal of badassery into the pits of irrelevance for the next ~100 chapters. She didn't even get any dialogue with Haise. :/

Can't say I'm particularly excited about what shapes up to be a Tsukiyama arc. His introduction was the worst arc from original TG and I detest his his whole persona.

Omoito is great, especially the art. I didn't like the whole
Grimoire possession
stuff too much, but everything else was top-notch. Too bad Mori no Hon is rather busy with work nowadays, and didn't do anything as ambitious as it again.

Nothing wrong with re-reading everything! Although I personally would be bummed by the fact that a lot of the older circles are now inactive. Thankfully I still have Millet Soup to warm my heart~
I’ve always found the Grimoire to be one of Alice’s more intriguing aspects, so I was fine with its use as a plot device. If I had to criticise something, I thought the pacing in Vier leading up to the final confrontation was off, with the developments / dialogue feeling rushed. Even a 100 page ‘chapter’ wasn’t long enough to do justice to the progression. Also it had the common fanon tendency to gloss over Alice’s less sociable personality traits. But yeah, that aside it’s a top tier work overall.

Nothing against Millet Soup, but I’ve reached a point where I’d much rather see stories involving the later factions instead of the old guard. I’m at work at the moment so I can’t go through their history, but from memory they’re pretty much exclusively EoSD, with some welcome Alice cameos.

Zweizer

Banned
I’ve always found the Grimoire to be one of Alice’s more intriguing aspects, so I was fine with its use as a plot device. If I had to criticise something, I thought the pacing in Vier leading up to the final confrontation was off, with the developments / dialogue feeling rushed. Even a 100 page ‘chapter’ wasn’t long enough to do justice to the progression. Also it had the common fanon tendency to gloss over Alice’s less sociable personality traits. But yeah, that aside it’s a top tier work overall.

Nothing against Millet Soup, but I’ve reached a point where I’d much rather see stories involving the later factions instead of the old guard. I’m at work at the moment so I can’t go through their history, but from memory they’re pretty much exclusively EoSD, with some welcome Alice cameos.

That's understandable, and yeah, Millet Soup pretty much only creates stories centered around the EoSD cast.

I share your frustration with the lack of attention towards the newer cast, though it's sadly nothing new in the fandom (heck, we're only getting more releases covering the UFO cast now). If you haven't read it yet, you might be interested in the very awesome Scichil's newest work, Vector Spectacle (First part), which stars a scorned Sukuna and a hunted Seija following the events of DDC.

Akito

My Hero Academia 1-46
Solid take on the superhero genre but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't expecting more given all the hype around it. While the series has no big faults, there's also nothing where it really excels at not does it bring anything new to the table. Even more bizarre is the obsession around frog girl, she's had barely any screentime so far, Uraraka is clearly best girl.

Sai

Tsugumomo

Kanaka 2 beest

Wish I noticed those transcripts of the raws being done earlier. Missed out on most of the upcoming
flashback

rrc1594

My Hero Academia 1-46
Solid take on the superhero genre but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't expecting more given all the hype around it. While the series has no big faults, there's also nothing where it really excels at not does it bring anything new to the table. Even more bizarre is the obsession around frog girl, she's had barely any screentime so far, Uraraka is clearly best girl.

Thank You!

Reknoc

My Hero Academia 1-46

smh smh smh

the best things come in small doses.

bobohoro

My Hero Academia 1-46

I agree for the most part. The only truly great moment in the series until now was the fight against Todoroki, everything else was well done but not really that outstanding. Frog girl however is adorable and totally deserves all her hype.

Fairy Tail 440

Hi there Shanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom