• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTY| Creatively Bankrupt

Status
Not open for further replies.

phaze

Berserk 200-210

Yes dear author, Casca rape scene nr 43256745 is exactly what this story needs.

This peeved me even back when I was watching the anime, is there some kind of official map that shows the layout of all those poorly ripped from history kingdoms ? If I'm to attempt to give a damn about this stupid war and about the new stretch of "Gryffith is greatesto leader" wanking, I'd like a map. It would also tell me how far it is to this elf land,which apparently isn't even reached 100 chapters into the future.

bobohoro

Goodnight Punpun 1-147
I don't know how I'm supposed to feel after this.

Wait for nightfall, when you lay in bed and relieve the story once more in your head.
Such gloriosu despair.
Never gets old.

Tokyo Ghoul [End]

Well, that's one way to end a manga. Was a pretty great read altogether, even though Kaneki's character arc had some uneven progression that at times killed momentum. And some side characters could have used a bit more screentime, especially Touka later on. But right now it feels like a prologue anyway, will be interesting to see where it goes. I already don't look forward to suffer the weekly waits for new chapters when I finally catch up with :re. :(

Tokyo Ghoul: Re 32

http://i.imgur.com/aMYpL0N.jpg
The definition of pure Suffering.

How the fuck has Hirako not gotten a promotion? I mean Mutsuki has literally moved up 2 fucking ranks who was just a bait while Hirako hasn't gotten anything. In fact Hirako is the one who head on fought Uta the goddamn Clowns for god sakes but his subordinates Kuramoto and Kuriowa move up ranks. This doesn't make sense unless some higher up in CCG hates him. The CCG's promotion system iself is broken. I have a iffy feeling that something wrong is going on in the CCG.

Watch, Hirako is gonna end up joining the Clowns or better yet he's gonna end up killing Arima out of bitter rage. Anyway that analogy between a parasite/insect and Haise/Kaneki is really interesting. It seems like Kaneki the main host of the body is getting taken over by Haise (parasite) and weakening his body to the point where Kaneki is getting erased. In order for that to stop Kaneki wants Haise to disappear. My boy Kaneki is not holding back. Some of Kaneki memories are beginning to become clearer with Touka and Mado being shown and his eyes are hurting because of it. I find it funny how hypocritical Akira is when she had said to Naki that he's still stuck in the past but she's also doing the same with her Father's death. Seriously I really hope Kaneki somehow breaks Hinami out before the ownership period expires. I swear if Hinami dies because of Akira's revenge and Haise's foolishness I'm gonna rage hard.

Tsukiyama's arc may be next and it's definitely gonna be interesting because he seems to have a Kakuja and is suffering because of that. Plus I want to see more of his Dad who seems like a boss and his servant Matsumate who has a cool torn Kagune. Now Kanae's and Tsukiyama's relationship makes more sense since we got that flashback.

Kieli

Nanatsu no Taizai 128

Time to raise that ~powerlevel~

Wow, this series is becoming Fairy-Tail level of BS.

Why can Matrona stand equal footing with the 10 commandments?

How can Hawk-mama swallow that bird?

Why is King Arthur not kicking ass and taking names? Where's his excalibur?

Revo

It's gonna be Hawk after learning hawk-mama technique vs monsiet.
After all, his power level is currently 3000.

Usobuko

Banned

Damage mitigate when the tone of the story, even at serious moment, is silly and light-hearted. It also had better drawing of scale of impact in fight sequences.

It's not that I disagree with you but because I just feel that the story don't really take itself so seriously, I coast along with it.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Goodnight Punpun 1-147
I don't know how I'm supposed to feel after this.

Bright Side of Life

Perfection.gif

Monster x Monster 11

One year later, Neet is now a rank 1 bringer He still love to pick his nose though, and virgin, loser, and love big boobs... Ah, well, can't have a dude turn 180 in one year time!
World greatest, hunter bro, and princess join the party!

Zai x10 43

Scumbag father -_-;

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
His "specialty", if he actually has one, is Japanese home cooking.

My guess is that his specialty will just be improvisational cooking because everyone else is stuck with crippling overspecialization that's pretty much the only specialty that will allow him to basically do everything in every shokugeki that comes up.

KimiNewt

Scored 3/100 on an Exam
Anyone here read Oyasumi Punpun? I heard it was similar to Welcome to the NHK and rather good, but aside from one person recommending it I haven't heard about it.

If it's terrible, do you know of some other manga (or anime, I guess. Wrong thread) that are similar to it and are actually good?

Anyone here read Oyasumi Punpun? I heard it was similar to Welcome to the NHK and rather good, but aside from one person recommending it I haven't heard about it.

If it's terrible, do you know of some other manga (or anime, I guess. Wrong thread) that are similar to it and are actually good?

I've read it, it's fantastic. Go read it.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
My guess is that his specialty will just be improvisational cooking because everyone else is stuck with crippling overspecialization that's pretty much the only specialty that will allow him to basically do everything in every shokugeki that comes up.
Yeah that would work as well. But you can't improvise a food stand, since your staff can't improvise with you. That would make sense given what Tadokoro says.

What they need right now is assembly line group-discipline, and Soma isn't suited for that.

Many of us have read PunPun and enjoy it. Highly recommended.

Monster X Monster 11

MC is slightly less of a piece of shit! Good job MC!

Tokyo Ghoul:re 32

Who was that at the end? There are so many characters I can't keep track...Was it the Gourmet?

And yeah rip to Hinami, she got Touka'd

Revo

Girls of the Wilds 192

Dat queen brutal beatdown
Jaegu got in the ring to fight, he at least had some inkling what he was getting into. Can't put all of this on Queen (and the guy was a scumbag anyway).

Kurita

One of the greatest manga ever.

Zweizer

Banned

You're in luck, as actually many people in this thread have read Punpun this past couple of months. It's without a doubt unanimously considered to be a groundbreaking and vastly emotional work that one shouldn't miss at any cost.

In other words, it's incredible. Read it.

bobohoro

Read iiiiiiit!

Tokyo Ghoul:re 1-32

Somehow, this felt pretty messy and unfocused. Tons of new characters, half of which I couldn't really associate who they belong to or how they are related to the story. And things were made worse with the constant switching from scene to scene. At times it felt like every panel was depicting another fight or dialouge. This really made a pretty big mess out of a rather intriguing setup left by the prequel, and it will probably take quite some time to clear stuff up. Rather unenjoyable overall, sadly.

Zweizer

Banned
Hinamatsuri ch45

oav9Psb.png

Bow down to the superiority of Anzu~

Such a good child ( ; _ ;)

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Fairy Tail

The main bad guy's name is God. That's not a title, that's just his given name. Okay, Japan.
KuGsj.gif

Also, if Jura is the No. 5 ranking Wizard Saint, you know the continent is fucked since Jura's been a jobber the entire time.

mdubs

Banned

We all love Punpun here, Asano is a manga-gaf favourite! Go read it with urgency

Usobuko

Banned
Hinamatsuri 45

Anzu is so good. Best girl material.

Poor Nitta. Reality is so cruel.
Hinamatsuri ch45

Bow down to the superiority of Anzu~

Such a good child ( ; _ ;)

I love Hinamatsuri because of how seamlessly each character can take the spotlight and it still as hilarious as usual. Good synergy between cast.

I seen plenty of people recommending it, myself included.

And it's better than NHK.

Fairy Tail 440

Hell yes Gajeel! Form B team again and track Laxus down. This is awesome!
I love Warrod. The dude's hilarious.
I feel like there's a huge war coming up. No way can Fairy Tail beat them easily like they always do.

Angry Grimace

Fairy Tail 440

Hell yes Gajeel! Form B team again and track Laxus down. This is awesome!
I love Warrod. The dude's hilarious.
I feel like there's a huge war coming up. No way can Fairy Tail beat them easily like they always do.
The big rumor is that Mashima has really bad writers block and just writes a million throwaway arcs because he can't figure out what to do. Hence all the throwaway bad guys with reused powers that just get blown away by Natsu with no real story behind it.

Zweizer

Banned
I love Hinamatsuri because of how seamlessly each character can take the spotlight and it still as hilarious as usual. Good synergy between cast.

The three contrast and complement each other so well~
I'm kind of curious whether Mao will ever be able to join them though, and if so, whether she'd bring some changes to their synergy.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
The big rumor is that Mashima has really bad writers block and just writes a million throwaway arcs because he can't figure out what to do. Hence all the throwaway bad guys with reused powers that just get blown away by Natsu with no real story behind it.

This wouldn't surprise me as the series has never had a clear endgame. With Rave we always knew how it would end, there was a path to the ending and all he had to do was follow it and fill in the gaps. When he created Fairy Tale it had no real plot, it had a setting and characters but no clearly defined path. What he needs to do is set an end point and go from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom