• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTY| Creatively Bankrupt

Status
Not open for further replies.

jman2050

Tomo-chan wa Onnanoko 1-40

So this is basically perfect, right?

Poor Tomo getting put through the ringer, no one deserves to be subject to that level of density.

Wanting to get this.

001.jpg

But Meat's face ruins the entire thing.

Himegoto 41-42

These relationships are getting so complicated lmao

Shin Kurosawa 33

This being a Fukumoto manga of course this couldn't last because humans are all shit to the core

Arabesque

I wonder if Hoshino has a good well thought out plan on how to end D-GRAY Man. I mean its been a long ass wait for the series to finally come back.

I'm sure she did, given how long she had to think about it.

What I worry about is how far she is willing to go with some plot points now especially
Lavi and his Grandpa

I expect lots of sadness.

Yeah you keep believing that, LOL.

Also Nagi's dead waifu already had a name and it was Arika.

Fixed

One thing Eva can be sure she beats Arika at is that she won't make Nagi updated his martial statues as a widow again.

On a more serious note, I like how the relationship is presented between the two. It is very cute and innocent with a beautifully tragic core. It was never meant to be, but for a few moments, they can be together.

It makes me realise that UQ Holder needed more chapters like this one rather than what Ken thinks it needs (more hotblooded Shonen action). It's like how Santa and Sayiko were, but even better.

1. 260,637 629,991 Tokyo Ghoul:re Vol.3

Damn TG Re is going really strong. I remember this series just barely selling 200K per Vol. Now the Vols are gonna eventually reach a million in sales.

Just finished the first volume of Tokyo Ghoul. Shit is high art. So many metaphors.

That's just the tip of the iceberg. The author puts a lot of tarot card symbolism.

Yeah, Nagi's waifu for sure now. RIP in pieces TotaxEva.

I liked how this development explained why Eva ever decided to adopt Tota as a son and why she was so fixated on red-haired dudes. Still don't like she learned Magia Ereba from Tota cause lol time paradox.

The ending was cute though.

The fuck?

This made it pretty damn clear to me, having never read Negima that she's into Touta. I think you've got it mixed up based on what I've read up of Nagi's personality; she probably fell for him because he reminds her of Touta due to having met him first in the paradox.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
The reason why he's the school's biggest loser is because he steals everyone else's girl.

Basically all of the girls in his harem are the spurned love interest of another one of his friends/other guys. Except Noa, nobody likes Noa.

Tsubaki ---> Shiraishi
Ushio/Tamaki ---> Odagiri
Sid ----> Nancy
Yuri ---> Himekawa

The fuck?

This made it pretty damn clear to me, having never read Negima that she's into Touta. I think you've got it mixed up based on what I've read up of Nagi's personality; she probably fell for him because he reminds her of Touta due to having met him first in the paradox.

She probably is/was, but Touta actually is like 15, whereas Evangeline is like 700 by the time we see her as Yukihime. I don't know that she's still as hot for that 15 year old boy by then even if she looks the same.

She probably is/was, but Touta actually is like 15, whereas Evangeline is like 700 by the time we see her as Yukihime. I don't know that she's still as hot for that 15 year old boy by then even if she looks the same.

This is true, but I still think it's going that direction based on it being years for her when it was a day for him each time they met, and the gap getting larger each time. I think her reaction to Touta is going to be very different the next time we see her in the present, unless all this time paradox stuff is only in Touta's mind and that's why Dana was warning him.

Arabesque

Touta is actually 4, not 15. Which might add to the list of reasons why Eva isn't that interested.

The fuck?

This made it pretty damn clear to me, having never read Negima that she's into Touta.

That's the difference in our interpretations then!

Having read Negima, it is clear to me that while Eva holds a special place in her heart for Touta , and despite all these time shenanigans causing her to meet him first, Nagi had always been Eva's designated love interest. He's always been brought up in UQ Holder as the person Eva loves, and in Negima despite her being caught up in his son's harem, she still had that fixation on Nagi.

It is pretty clear that after this chapter, Eva had feelings in regards to Touta. Except in the tragic romantic kind of way, since she made it clear it was just not meant to be with them living in different times (which I guess added to the appeal of Touta in her eyes).

I think you've got it mixed up based on what I've read up of Nagi's personality; she probably fell for him because he reminds her of Touta due to having met him first in the paradox.

Well, yeah. That's the goal this little escapade through time was meant to do. The whole being patted on the head was something Nagi did to Eva too, and Touta is just Nagi-lite in personality was meant as set up for Eva to take interest when she meets Nagi centuries later and realise why she fell in love with him. Also why she decided to adopt Touta later on (as a way of repaying him for saving her back then, which in turn was for him repaying her for helping him out ... poetic). This was more of a fill in the blanks for the bigger picture as well as deeping the relationship between Eva and Touta and correcting his view about what he thinks their relationship is.

But that's from my perspective as someone who had read Negima. Without Negima to put this arc in context, the chapter was more about how Eva meet the first person she ever had a romantic interest in and ended up realising she could never be with him, so they decided to share what little time they had together until their paths drifted apart, just like she said in the opening pages of UQ Holder.

I think her reaction to Touta is going to be very different the next time we see her in the present, unless all this time paradox stuff is only in Touta's mind and that's why Dana was warning him.

Could be, but my bet would be on a closed time loop (all of this already happened, and that's why Eva was willing to take Touta under her care) and her reaction would be more of a "oh, so you now you know"

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I'm gonna laugh when it turns out that Tota just IS Nagi.

Soma

Hiramoto manages to push out an entire volume of Devil Blues while keeping up with Prison School updates (with maybe a delay or two here and there) and STILL manages to make 99% of other manga artists look like chumps.

We're not worthy.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Naruto

This is so lame and so lacking in imagination I don't even............ fuck it, this is trash-level writing.

And no Toriko this week...... sighhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Big One

Banned
Yeah Kishi really blew it with this Gaiden. Could've had potential to actually develop characters and whatnot but that never happened.

Revo

Naruto Gaiden 10

THE COPOUT

but lmao keeping the umbilical cord. that's pretty crazy.

One Piece 792

Just some followup, w/e

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom