• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTZ| Reading Shounen Garbage < Watching Moe Garbage

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't say I love all the Straw Hats but they're one of the only groups of main characters where I don't actively dislike someone.

This is my stance on OP characters. Robin and Chopper in particular are hard to genuinely care about since they don't really get that much panel-time to begin with.

In fairness, I think pretty much all of the ladies in One Piece are ugly. I realize I'm setting myself up for that old fallacy that "you don't like them because they're not generic." I just think his characters are ugly, sorry.

Nah, you just have flat-out shit taste (read: not my taste).

In fairness, I think pretty much all of the ladies in One Piece are ugly. I realize I'm setting myself up for that old fallacy that "you don't like them because they're not generic." I just think his characters are ugly, sorry.
They have nothing on the broads of Fairy Tail. Lucy is hotter than both Nami and Robin. And Erza, oh my heck.

I would do an avatar bet for Naruto BECOMING hokage. Thats like Luffy not becoming pirate king.

Naruto could end with him dying but I think its far more likely that his dream is realised. after all this is a kids comic, and realizing your dreams, victory and whatnot, are Jump cornerstones.

Although killing Naruto off would be a great way for Kishi to write himself out of shipping wars..

I dont know if I would be comfortable with death as an alternative to having him some how end up with Sakura Haruno or at worst Hinata...Either scenario would swiftly cause Naruto to not be in my top manga of all time list anymore.

Wiseblade

My dream scenario:

Sasuke kills Sakura (He said he would!)
Naruto kills Sasuke
Naruto kills Sasuke, becomes Hokage, Marries Hinata
Naruto grows old and goes a little crazy, decides that the world will just plunge into war and chaos without him, Rasenshriken's the earth with his dying breath
The adventures of Tenten in space

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
I can't think of one member of the crew I don't like. Love all of them. Nami's only flaw is her post timeskip outfit.
Holy shit, how can someone like Nami?
What about those who played KH and had to turn it off because their head hurt?
Liquidation.

Retcon: Dream Naruto Scenario: A

Sasuke Kills Sakura
Naruto ANGRY
Sasuke kills himself
Naruto SAD
Naruto KILLS HIMSELF
WE HAPPY

Tamanon

Banned
Nah, what's going to happen is that we find out that everything is still a fever dream for Naruto and it turns out he's still tied to that tree from the first group challenge and almost dead from starvation.

Akito

Shibatora v01-15
I was ready to rage about Mizuki's eyes but then the last page...

ibkYg1LuCWQeQY.jpg

I don't care if it was an asspull, all is forgiven ;_;

It was a fun read, the story got way more serious than I'd ever imagined , there were multiple times where shit was getting realer than real and I had to flip back some pages to verify what I was reading. I liked most of the characters but I have to admit that Shibata himself did annoy me from time to time due to his naivety AND the fact he always got away with it. I see there's a drama version but it doesn't look too hot so I'll probably pass.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
You mean Sakura and Sasuke meeting. And then the camera zooms out.

And it's Naruto's face carved into that hokage mountain, smiling.

FIN

Akito

Mix 14
Things are getting along nicely, a new coach and a love interest for Souichirou get, it feels like this manga can start fore real now.

Akito

Monthly releases are so slow :(
That's what I was always saying when Nikaidou was still the captain but at least that's a thing in the past now. And honestly I'd take a monthly schedule over no Adachi manga at all any day, he's not the youngest anymore after all.

wonzo

Banned
killingtrees15.jpg

levi~

Punpun sounds cuter anyway.

#teampuns
I don't know man, the google translate lady makes poonpoon sounds cute too.
Shit, now I'm conflicted. :(

Do you read a lot of horror?
Not particularly. I'm checking this out though because icarus-daedelus was pimping it in the last thread.

jingai shunman 6 -

I don't know. I don't know if I can move past this page. It feels like there's some line waiting to be crossed, and once I've stepped past it, it'll be that, over, the end.

e: I can't do this. Not because it's disgusting, but because of my Christian values.
Looks interesting, will read.

That's what I was always saying when Nikaidou was still the captain but at least that's a thing in the past now. And honestly I'd take a monthly schedule over no Adachi manga at all any day, he's not the youngest anymore after all.

True. Plus I think the longer chapters work well.

wonzo

Banned
Maoyuu Maou Yuusha 23

Damn, shit is getting real. A meeting of all the demon clans and the revelation that Central's Church was working with the Blue Demon Clan in crushing the Southern Nations is some pretty serious shit. I hope the thing with the muskets "backfires" on the North in some way but I doubt it. I also wonder whom the backstabber the Central guys were talking about is.

The Merchant from Union really needs to be brought down a few pegs, fortunately the Dragon princess is pretty good at putting him in his place. one true otp etc

this series rei clone > *

Nobunaga no Chef 31

BADASS

My dream scenario:

Sasuke kills Sakura (He said he would!)
Naruto kills Sasuke
Naruto kills Sasuke, becomes Hokage, Marries Hinata
Naruto grows old and goes a little crazy, decides that the world will just plunge into war and chaos without him, Rasenshriken's the earth with his dying breath
The adventures of Tenten in space

WHY DID YOU FORGET ABOUT SAI.

dumbyugi

Nisekoi 78

The stuff with the locket could easily be resolved if Raku told Haru to ask her sister about the locket. Onodera knows about the locket and Haru would believe her so Raku would get it back no problem.

Articalys

Nisekoi 78

h0HRQqM.gif

FUCK

MISUNDERSTANDINGS

EVERY SERIES THAT HAS USED THEM

EVER

This needs to tank in the rankings, and fast, so Komi is forced to actually move the plot along.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom