• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTZ| Reading Shounen Garbage < Watching Moe Garbage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yonafunu

I want to see what the fuss is about. To be fair, I've seen about 2 episodes, and I was very bored.
But some of my "friends" like it, so yeah. Gotta know what I'm going to be bitching about.

Akito

The best thing about SAO is still firehawk's "review"

Sword Art Online. This is the worst show ever to have been produced by a culture. Take the solipsism of The Newsroom, the depravity of K-Town or any other reality show of that ilk, and the sad humanity exhibited exhibited in shows like Honey Boo Boo and you'd STILL get a show that is morally, ethically, and spiritually more justifiable than Sword Art Online. The bar has been set so low that I can even see merit in a show like OniAi. Fuck you SAO... just fuck you.

Kusagari

You guys just convinced me to go watch SAO. Thanks.

:(

tumblr_mknx5cHhYj1qejvrxo1_500.gif

Don't do it.

Naruto

Ugghhhh ... the shipping pot has been stirred I guess. Don't think it hurts Naru-Hina at all but it's enough to make me happy I don't go to the Naruto Fan-forums.

However, I DO find it interesting how consistent Kish is with Hinata's COMPLETE apathy towards Sas. O_O

I mean, she didn't say anything or w/e when the rookies had that meeting about "what to do about eye-ball-boy" and in this chap she was like " Hmmm ... !" and didn't even come over to join in the reunion or shocking face events.

But w/e, it's clear that they're gonna "try to fix the mistakes of the past". So Naruto and Eye-Ball will rule the Leaf together.

Zoe

This is true.

Naruto: Hints of shipping with Sasuke, Sakura, Hinata
Sasuke: Hints of shipping with Naruto and Sakura and Karin.
Sakura: Shipping with Naruto and Sasuke
Ino: Shipping with Sasuke
Shikamaru: Shipping with the chick from the cipher division and Temari
Choji: Shipping with butterflies (and food) :3
Hinata: Shipping with Naruto
Shino: Shipping with bugs, tsundere for Naruto
Kiba: Shipping with Akamaru
Rock Lee: Shipping with Sakura
Neji: Shipping with BYAKUGAN/DESTINY
Ten Ten: I'm pretty sure she's had crushes on Rock Lee, Neji, and Sasuke, though they're referenced in passing.

Ino and (thin) Choji

Yonafunu

Well, just to be clear, I'm probably going to watch Uchuu Kyoudai after SAO, so I hope that'll keep me from hurting someone. Hopefully.

Well, just to be clear, I'm probably going to watch Uchuu Kyoudai after SAO, so I hope that'll keep me from hurting someone. Hopefully.

There's nothing wrong with SAO, it just suffers from a major tone shift that kinda takes all of the meaning out of it. :/

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
And then there's this, of course. I loved firehawk's "reviews".

I'm not going to AnimeGAF though, so I might vent a little in here when I do start watching.

iknowrite

My wife liked SAO, she just thought the second arc was not nearly as good as the first.

Yonafunu

Be sure to post your impressions.

Oh, I will.

Or you could just watch Uchuu Kyoudai!

Well, you have to taste shit before you can properly appreciate pizza. Or something.

My wife liked SAO, she just thought the second arc was not nearly as good as the first.

Everything about it looks wholly unappealing to me. But that's the fun, right!

Is it sad I want to watch SAO just to see if the whole incest thing is hyperbole or truth?

HEY, are you calling me sad?

Kusagari

Am I a bad person for enjoying the second half of SAO more than the first?

I just found the first part boring. At least the second part is entertaining in how bad it gets.

Village

At first I thought I saw SAC as in GITS SAC and I was wondering in what remote dimension is anything GITS anywhere remotely bad.

I saw SAO and Now I am just confused, acronym for something?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Is it sad I want to watch SAO just to see if the whole incest thing is hyperbole or truth?

Not really story spoilers, but still:
Suguha is Kazuo's cousin, but they're told that they are brother-sister, although Suguha learns early on that they aren't. They aren't apparently all that close, however.

Soul Catcher(S) 1

Deep character interactions. Kind of reminds me of all those other stories that employ vivid imagery. The art's kind of generic though.

Bleach 538

Alright chapter. Kubo's speeding this along and we find out what the captains are doing. Hopefully, Komamura's backstory will be explained in more detail.

Naruto 631

jzTUxBC.png

Angry Grimace

I can deal with it being bad and icky, it's the people calling it a masterpiece that get me riled up. They actively ignore or even enjoy the parts that turn my stomach.

The Asuna scene at the end of Aincrad was the only part I remember being over the line.

There are just certain things you have to watch to have enough culture-knowledge to know what people are talking about and SAO rapidly rose to that level.

Kusagari

Ohh...

I think I know what scene Grimace is talking about. And yeah that just...ughh.

The tentacle rape scene or Sugou's torture and attempted rape scene?

Village

I know it's bad but it can't be that bad.

I do not really mind .hack, i just never got what the eff was going on.

Like the first few were just super existential, and the first one in particular had freudian levels of I wanna screw my relative.

the later ones less so , one in particular that came on cartoon network at an undgodly hour i liked because it was just the game. No existential my life outside and in the game stuff. Just the game.
And the one with all the girls seems more persona-ey actually.

Wiseblade

But the stink of virtual rape was throughout the second arc. Even in the first episode the guy was making jokes about raping asuna.

Angry Grimace

But the stink of virtual rape was throughout the second arc. Even in the first episode the guy was making jokes about raping asuna.

First half Asuna = Incomparable badass
Second half Asuna = Perpetually stuck in a Rape Cage.

Next random thing: Why are most current shounen protagonists idiots?

I want a shounen protagonist like my mane bro, Yusuke.

Ichigo comes the closest, but he's not quite there yet.

Kusagari

Next random thing: Why are most current shounen protagonists idiots?

I want a shounen protagonist like my mane bro, Yusuke.

Ichigo comes the closest, but he's not quite there yet.

Dammit.

Reading this just reminded me how awesome Kuzumi from Mx0 was.

We need more protagonists like him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom