• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTZ| Reading Shounen Garbage < Watching Moe Garbage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Perhaps "just as weird" was a stronger word than I meant. The point wasn't really to say they were really the same, its mostly just to point out that Naruto's interest in Sakura is pretty fucking unhealthy. She mostly strings him along and has few redeeming qualities beyond her appearance.
In Naruto, everyone's interest in someone seems unhealthy, though.

The only sane one seems to be Shikamaru, whose revenge was justified and well carried out.

I can't think of one other [major] character that doesn't have at least one unhealthy relationship or feeling towards someone else.

Not really. For one, he owned up to the reality of the situation back when Sakura "fake-confessed"

But even then, if you take into account the schoolboy crush from a few years back, even that could be considered innocent as Naruto was clearly portrayed to be the young idiot lad, the "love" for Sakura was just added effect.

Sakura? She legitimately loves the guy after he tried to kill her, has insulted her (and her friends) on numerous occasions, and is responsible for a lot of the bullshit that's going on now (by assisting Obito for no particular reason).

There's really no comparison between the two "obsessions" or crushes.

I seriously doubt she's legitimately loves him. Psychopathic Crush? Sure, what the fuck ever. ACTUAL love?

You have a strange ass definition of love.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
I seriously doubt she's legitimately loves him. Psychopathic Crush? Sure, what the fuck ever. ACTUAL love?

You have a strange ass definition of love.
We're talking about the context of Naruto, right? I'm not sure I could cite a proper example of love in Naruto. Maybe Minato and Kushina, but whatever. That's besides the point.

Sakura's feelings towards Sasuke are fucking stupid but that's because she's fucking stupid. In every way.

Stinky

I like how in the middle of a war Kishi manages to sprinkle in bait for shippers.

Can't decide whether I preferred the less than subtle hand holding and DAT COVER or the implications this chapter.

They should restart Naruto over as a harem manga.

We're talking about the context of Naruto, right? I'm not sure I could cite a proper example of love in Naruto. Maybe Minato and Kushina, but whatever. That's besides the point.

Sakura's feelings towards Sasuke are fucking stupid but that's because she's fucking stupid. In every way.

Kishi has absolutely no idea how to write romance.

Outside of MinaKushi ALL of the potential/canon pairings are handled dreadfully.

DarkMehm

Every pairing Kishi chooses for the end will be weird because of all the inconsistencies throughout the series. He should just skip the romance and leave us hanging at the end. I'm serious.

Stinky

Every pairing Kishi chooses for the end will be weird because of all the inconsistencies throughout the series. He should just skip the romance and leave us hanging at the end. I'm serious.

No matter what, Kishi is going to get some Evangelion episode 25 and 26 level OUTRAGE/barrage of death threats.

Its not even about Sakura or Hinata or whatever, there are people who will erupt if Naruto and Sasuke dont make some sweet, sweet man love.

El Sloth

Banned
Nanatsu no Taizai: 29

Same we didn't get to see the group once this chapter, but it was nice to finally learn more about the motivation of the Holy Knights and more about the world in general.

I'm guessing that by the stitching all over the body, that the demon in the cave is totally the one Ban killed.

Meliodas is nothing to fuck with apparently.

Kusagari

No matter what, Kishi is going to get some Evangelion episode 25 and 26 level OUTRAGE/barrage of death threats.

Its not even about Sakura or Hinata or whatever, there are people who will erupt if Naruto and Sasuke dont make some sweet, sweet man love.

Well it is the closest thing to a real pairing in this series!

Finals

Okay, here is the thing. I had my first exam about 36 hours ago. My excellent and very hot (for a 3D woman at least) instructor sent me a mail 8 hours ago that I had passed it.

She's great. And I'm good as well, I guess.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I like how in the middle of a war Kishi manages to sprinkle in bait for shippers.

Can't decide whether I preferred the less than subtle hand holding and DAT COVER or the implications this chapter.

They should restart Naruto over as a harem manga.

I've never understood why people get so angry about people wanting to fuck each other in manga.

Outside of MinaKushi ALL of the potential/canon pairings are handled dreadfully.

I don't think he's tried. The only one I even remember actually being executed was Minato/Kushina, which seemed okay to me.

I've never understood why people get so angry about people wanting to fuck each other in manga.

I don't think he's tried. The only one I even remember actually being executed was Minato/Kushina, which seemed okay to me.
You think that's bad you should've been around for the Zutara and Kataang way back when.

Shit was cray.

Stinky

Its not like I eve care about shipping or anything... b-b-bakas!!

Finals

Okay, here is the thing. I had my first exam about 36 hours ago. My excellent and very hot (for a 3D woman at least) instructor sent me a mail 8 hours ago that I had passed it.

She's great. And I'm good as well, I guess.

congrats, now go study for the rest.

Oh hey I'm on the cover

Eyeshield-21-v01-c002-pg11-e1293215753473-300x215.png

oni_saru

Naruto

My buddy posted the page with Sasuke standing saying "Become Hokage". I figured his new plan and what he said the page before was "I want to help Naruto..."

When I read the chapter and saw what he really said, I laughed. Dafuq?!! :O

Welp I guess Sasuke and Naruto can be co-hokages
hand in hand, all lovey dovey :p

Naruto

"So why are the Hokages back from the dead?"
"Because Orochimaru revived them."
"Eh? Orochimaru is alive? Who brought him back?"
"Sasuke"
"Eh? I thought Sasuke beat him. Why did he bring him back."
"Because he wants to inherit Itachi's will."
"Itachi is a good guy? I thought he murdered his clan. How did he come back?"
"After Kabuto revived him, Shisui's eye..."

I could see why Kishimoto just avoided all of that and just had everyone not care. He wrote this tangled mess and he has no real sensible way out of it.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
wait

guys

listen

Hinata x Sakura

its prefect
oCC0UH5.jpg

So its safe to assume that Naruto will have concluded by this summer?

No, it won't have. He said more than a year and a half left a while back (but not more than a few months to my recollection).

There's still a few lingering plot threads; Black Zetsu being Madara, Yamato stuck in the cave, etc. Although perhaps Yamato's going to turn into the Naruto version of Behrooz.

Angry Grimace

This one of the best unresolved plot thread you could come up with?

Resolving in mere pages: He finds a way out with jutsus or somethin
Resolving in 1 panel: he is in a panel at Naruto and Sasuke's wedding. (escaped off panel)

Black Zetsu being Madara in disguise is weird also. I'd also be a little disappointed if they don't just show us the fucking Sage of the Six and have him be a crazy fucker.

Maybe Orochimaru's gonna use his snake ability to warg into the Sage of the Six, get the Juubi inside him and fucking wreck shit. That would rule.

Village

That is this issue. I am just like, do..dont mess up the entire theme of this manga right now trying to justify sakura's existence. She doesn't have to be important, make less important, maybe make shikamaru important. He is a cool guy right?

He is smart and he isn't a criminal, and he is best hokage candidate.

Just please kishi just use sasuke to slowly push sakura out of the little lime light she has.

Anyone ready sun ken rock

DarkMehm

What I wanted to know for a while now: What exactly is up with Togashi? Does he have a chronic disease that is preventing him from having a constant schedule? I want to get into Hunter x Hunter, but I don't want to begin a series that could possibly not even have an ending.

Angry Grimace

I actually will be very surprised if the Sage of the Six doesn't get shown at some point, if not outright rezzed and fought. He's kind of a Chekov's Gunman.

That is this issue. I am just like, do..dont mess up the entire theme of this manga right now trying to justify sakura's existence. She doesn't have to be important, make less important, maybe make shikamaru important. He is a cool guy right?

He is smart and he isn't a criminal, and he is best hokage candidate.

Just please kishi just use sasuke to slowly push sakura out of the little lime light she has.

I don't get why people say "Kishi doesn't know how to write romance!" There isn't really any in the series. Its not like he went full JK Rowling in Book 6; Naruto just has a bunch of ship tease.

Yonafunu

People keep talking about Sasuke's redemption being terrible. Point is, Sasuke hasn't had a redemption. He just changed his mind.
He hasn't changed. He's still the same asshole. Like he said himself, he still doesn't give a shit about other people. He's just going about it in a different way.

Yes

Wiseblade

Naruto

"So why are the Hokages back from the dead?"
"Because Orochimaru revived them."
"Eh? Orochimaru is alive? Who brought him back?"
"Sasuke"
"Eh? I thought Sasuke beat him. Why did he bring him back."
"Because he wants to inherit Itachi's will."
"Itachi is a good guy? I thought he murdered his clan. How did he come back?"
"After Kabuto revived him, Shisui's eye..."

I could see why Kishimoto just avoided all of that and just had everyone not care. He wrote this tangled mess and he has no real sensible way out of it.

NO. you don't just get to disregard something, because it's tedious to write. Kishimoto made his bed, he needs to lie in it. Even Oda addressed the Strawhats asking where each other did during the timeskip better than this.

Stinky

What I wanted to know for a while now: What exactly is up with Togashi? Does he have a chronic disease that is preventing him from having a constant schedule? I want to get into Hunter x Hunter, but I don't want to begin a series that could possibly not even have an ending.

Wish we knew. HxH is very good, one of the best ongoing (LOOOOL) shonen out there

I'm sure it will end eventually. There is more pressure for him to release more material now that the anime is slowly catching up. They still have a lot of content but if Togashi releases nothing..I dont know.

I only caught up recently ..but I wish it was being serialised again.

I actually will be very surprised if the Sage of the Six doesn't get shown at some point, if not outright rezzed and fought. He's kind of a Chekov's Gunman.

Absolutely

If Kishi does make NaruSaku canon, I'll enjoy the sweet bitter tears, like I did on election night Nov. 7th

We'll see how many of you that "Don't care about shipping" will rage if that happens.

NO. you don't just get to disregard something, because it's tedious to write. Kishimoto made his bed, he needs to lie in it. Even Oda addressed the Strawhats asking where each other did during the timeskip better than this.

I'm not being an apologist like Angry Grimace or pretending it's good because hurr durr trolling. I'm just stating that's what happened.

edit: considering i've been reading this story for so long, it's kind of sad that its ending like this.

Angry Grimace

If Kishi does make NaruSaku canon, I'll enjoy the sweet bitter tears, like I did on election night Nov. 7th

We'll see how many of you that "Don't care about shipping" will rage if that happens.

Everyone ships. Some people deny it.

I'm not being an apologist like Angry Grimace or pretending it's good because hurr durr trolling. I'm just stating that's what happened.

Man, that was a smoooooooooooooooooooooth burn you worked in there, bro.

Stinky

I always say this about Naruto: It is the most BL non-BL series out there.

I dont know, did you see that bath scene in Evangelion?? Wow I have heard the dub in yeeears

Are you kidding, this would be amazing. People would EXPLODE. And DTL would be so happy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom