• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTZ| Reading Shounen Garbage < Watching Moe Garbage

Status
Not open for further replies.

upandaway

Wish we knew. HxH is very good, one of the best ongoing (LOOOOL) shonen out there

I'm sure it will end eventually. There is more pressure for him to release more material now that the anime is slowly catching up. They still have a lot of content but if Togashi releases nothing..I dont know.

I only caught up recently ..but I wish it was being serialised again.
While I still have innocence in me, I'm maintaining the speculation that Togashi still upholds his monthly pacing internally even if he only releases (or uh, gives to Jump to release weekly) the chapters whenever. So far the math works out, which is too suspicious when it's over a period of 6 years.

If this is not true, and I guess we'll find out when the next batch is over, I will hate.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
I think everyone here would enjoy a canon Naruto Sasuke ending, right? Even people that don't read Naruto would have to appreciate the greatness.

Wiseblade

Let's take bets guys.

What happens first: Naruto ends or Togashi stops playing Dragon Quest and resumes HxH?

Naruto Ends first. The HunterxHunter anime is ony at the beginning of the Chimera ant Arc and there's a movie coming. Togashi won't have to lift a finger for a while yet.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Every pairing Kishi chooses for the end will be weird because of all the inconsistencies throughout the series. He should just skip the romance and leave us hanging at the end. I'm serious.

This is true.

Naruto: Hints of shipping with Sasuke, Sakura, Hinata
Sasuke: Hints of shipping with Naruto and Sakura and Karin.
Sakura: Shipping with Naruto and Sasuke
Ino: Shipping with Sasuke
Shikamaru: Shipping with the chick from the cipher division and Temari
Choji: Shipping with butterflies (and food) :3
Hinata: Shipping with Naruto
Shino: Shipping with bugs, tsundere for Naruto
Kiba: Shipping with Akamaru
Rock Lee: Shipping with Sakura
Neji: Shipping with BYAKUGAN/DESTINY
Ten Ten: I'm pretty sure she's had crushes on Rock Lee, Neji, and Sasuke, though they're referenced in passing.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
This is true.

Ten Ten: I'm pretty sure she's had crushes on Rock Lee, Neji, and Sasuke, though they're referenced in passing.

I totally forgot about that weird librarian girl that had the hots for Shikamaru.

A lot of people in Japan apparently believed there's Neji/Hinata ship tease, but I didn't see that.

naruto

okay, best chapter in a long time. so badass, i got goosebumps reading it. team 7 ;_;

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/MoodWhiplash

Naruto
It's been some time we have awesome chapters. This one doesn't stray from that.

Didn't read Bleach and OP, I feel I enjoy them more when I have lots of chapters to read.

Eyeshield 21 200 - 220
The final match ! This will decide everything !
Please don't last until the last chapter

Switch Girl 21 - 22
New girl, new troubles !

God guys, I think I'm actually enjoying shoujo.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Incest is wincest?

Cousin incest isn't considered taboo in Japan (apparently). In fact, I imagine there's a lot of Targaryen-like incest going on in the Ninja world given that they have zealously guarded inheritable battle techniques.

Actually, I've also gotten weird vibes of shikamaru x kurenai. :X

Actually, I also thought it got a little weird the last time they had a scene with those two, also.

solarus

Called naruto so far back it's not even funny, i mean how else were they going to shoe-horn in a sasuke naruto fight without them contesting over the hokage title.

This is true.

Wait, disregarding "lolTenten" when the fuck did she show crushes on Lee and Sasuke?
O.O

Neji, sure. But LEE?

Da fuq?

Angry Grimace

Called naruto so far back it's not even funny, i mean how else were they going to shoe-horn in a sasuke naruto fight without them contesting over the hokage title.

The current Hokage is still alive and not that old

Wait, disregarding "lolTenten" when the fuck did she show crushes on Lee and Sasuke?
O.O

Neji, sure. But LEE?

Da fuq?

Springtime of Youth subtext, man.

Hystzen

They will fight then Naruto will suggest they both take title of Hokage and rule together

Angry Grimace

They're cousins.

I think he's saying he thinks they are "like" brother-sister. If this is something that is squicky in Japan, perhaps the creators of Sword Art Online didn't get the memo.

Angry Grimace

Why did you remind me

I'D BLOCKED THAT OUT

Was there even a single scene with the sister that wasn't fucking creepy fanservice

At the end I could see things going like this:

Naruto-Hokage
Sakura-Head of the Medic Corps
Sasuke-Jounin Commander/ANBU commander

Sasuke saying he wants to be the Hokage reminded me of Anthony Soprano saying he wanted to be Donald Trump's helicopter pilot and leverage that to work for the CIA.

Angry Grimace

Being Sugu is suffering.

All she wanted to do was stop loving her cousin and fell in love with her cousins avatar.

The most bizarre/creepy SAO thing I ever saw was the text of the original bonus chapter graphically describing Kirito having sex with Asuna in game.

Angry Grimace

All manga threads are roughly 70 percent of whatever is popular in jump.
speaking of which , you need to pay taxes, say something about naruto.

For the record, this is wrong.

Angry Grimace

Aren't they like 15?

I think Asuna was 18. I don't know about Kirito. The age of consent in Japan is 13, though. Not that it actually matters since they didn't *actually* have sex, it was in magic MMO land.

I just found it bizarre that the author wrote a chapter graphically describing it.

Glopping sound.

Angry Grimace

You guys just convinced me to go watch SAO. Thanks.

:(

The glopping scene isn't in the anime. The sex is still there, its just implied rather than explicit.

The second arc sucks tremendously compared to the first arc and is like ridiculously fanservicey in all regards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom