• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTZ| Reading Shounen Garbage < Watching Moe Garbage

Status
Not open for further replies.
haha, this is identical to how I felt when I read it a few months ago. No WRYYY in part 1 though I'm afraid. That belongs to the more fabulous part 3 Dio. (Yes, he gets even more fabulous)

So the anime added the Wry to part one based upon it's popularity in part 3?

That isn't saying much at all.

I mean does Lucy have a character? She has some of the deepest plot in the series and a well defined back story but besides for that she doesn't really have any defining traits.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I thought they explained that but maybe I'm thinking of something else. It's at least implied that
she's adopted
right?

Yup, he
found her somewhere and just started taking care of her

I mean does Lucy have a character? She has some of the deepest plot in the series and a well defined back story but besides for that she doesn't really have any defining traits.

Not that I could tell before I dropped it.

LeleSocho

Banned
It's at least implied that
she's adopted
right?

Yes
and the fact that she's a foreigner and the dad found her in an airport or something but on this last part i can be mistaken
But no more than that and there's not a plot and i would really really REALLY like it to remain that way.

Today was a good day for manga licenses from viz for me, two more Tiger & Bunny manga ( Tiger & Bunny: The Beginning Side A and Tiger & Bunny: The Beginning Side B) , and for Sublime..NightS and His Favorite v6.

Their also doing the My Neighbor Totoro: A Novel.

wonzo

Banned
Gaf I'm bored and want something new to read. Should I start reading Toriko?
Read Kingdom

kingdom4.png

Honey Sweet Kitchen 1
A girl is inherits cooking school from her grandma with a lack of instructors and decides to hire bishonens. She also wanted/wants to learn how to cook. Since I haven't seen any cooking yet I'm sure I want to pursue it since it could just be pointless fanservice and reverse harem shenanigans.

Cooking Palette 1-2
Rich girl wants to be a chef at a restaurant that her grandma founded, there's also a bishonen strict head chef who "teaches" her the ropes. At least this one shows actual cooking but the MC's bratty nature makes it a little off putting.

Anyone else know of any cooking/food based manga?

I've read Kuitan, Shokugeki Soma, Toriko, What did you Eat Yesterday, Addicted to Curry, Cooking Master Boy, Yumeiro Patisserie, Bambino, Gohan Shiyo, Yakitate Japan, Oishinbo, Cooking Papa, Iron Wok Jan, Kitchen Princess, Mr. Ajikko, Shinya Shokudo, Antique Bakery, Nobunaga no Chef, Hell's Kitchen, Shiawase Kissa Sanchoume, Hatsukoi Lunch Box

Tried but couldn't get into:
Oishii Kankei, Bartender (I don't drink often), Chicken Cutlet Princess

survivor

Banned
Anyone else know of any cooking/food based manga?

I've read Kuitan, Shokugeki Soma, Toriko, What did you Eat Yesterday, Addicted to Curry, Cooking Master Boy, Yumeiro Patisserie, Bambino, Gohan Shiyo, Yakitate Japan, Oishinbo, Cooking Papa, Iron Wok Jan, Kitchen Princess, Mr. Ajikko, Shinya Shokudo, Antique Bakery, Nobunaga no Chef, Hell's Kitchen, Shiawase Kissa Sanchoume, Hatsukoi Lunch Box

Tried but couldn't get into:
Oishii Kankei, Bartender (I don't drink often), Chicken Cutlet Princess
You seem to have covered most of them. There is Drop of God and Ristorante Paradiso. Although the latter leans more on the drama part rather than cooking.

wonzo

Banned
Houkago Play R 1-3

houkagoplayr2.png

literally the only good panel in this incredibly boring as fuck TRPG thing. :/

Nozo x Kimi 10

IT'S BAAAAAAAACK!!!!!

Man, I wonder what's up with those photos.

Shokugeki no Soma 28

I'm guessing those two in the corridor were from another school which would be a good setup for the following arc.

Binbougami ga! 67

It's a good thing this is ending soon as it's really starting to bore me to tears.

suzu

Been playing ACNL a lot, so time to catch up to manga.

Nanatsu no Taizai / The Seven Deadly Sins 32-33

Diane is cute. King is cute. Meliodas and Ban up next!

What is up with all the characters' relationships though. Seems to often be "much younger looking person + older looking person". :p

Otoyomegatari / A Bride's Story 30

I want Azel to stop the raid, become the leader of the Halgal, and take over the Batan.. but perhaps that is wishful thinking. lol

upandaway

AssClass 46 (sort of)
It fills me with rage that we're 2 chapters behind and I REALLY want to pick at the raws :( but I can't wait to see another showdown

Food not so much Smut 28
Senpai is such an exhibitionist ~_~ Good to see we're back to one on one challenges, looking forward to seeing some amazing egg dishes (after watching so much Masterchef and Food Network, hoping to see some poached eggs)

Random manga I found this week that may be worth taking a gander at (...all of them have to do with food in some way though)

Kuitan
7 chapters, either dropped or slow as molasses updates
An old series about a detective who solves crimes via eating/being a foodie
What did you eat Yesterday?
27 chapters, probably dropped
A story about a lawyer cooking for his hair stylist boyfriend and their interpersonal relationship with their family, friends, and coworkers. Very detailed panels regarding food shame no recipes are provided
kinou-02.jpg

Nukodeko
About 22 chapters (has a weird numbering system) seems active
Yotsuba with a mini catboy, catgirl, and a fairly aloof owner who has cooking skills
5102.jpg

Gohan Shiyo
5 chapters, translation just started
MC lives in school dorms known for its delicious food and odd members which faces closure due to budget cuts and asshole principal. Still feels a little shoujo-esque despite being seinen. Chapter 4 opening is definitely a surprise
Can you hurry up and post your top 5 manga please. Why is it taking so long geez seriously hmph geez.

Yotsuba 4-6

This series continues to be hilarious and adorable. Is this series all vignettes or is there going to be a plot having to do with the fact Yotsuba doesn't have a mom and looks nothing like her dad and acts nothing like a normal human?
There's absolutely nothing in the series itself (which is a best thing), and I doubt there ever will be (which is a bestest thing), but there's a pretty famous theory that Daddy adopted her during his overseas travels, and she's from a country post-war.

There are definitely some moments when you can feel some heightened sense of nirvana coming from him, it's so.... comfortable.

Can you hurry up and post your top 5 manga please. Why is it taking so long geez seriously hmph geez..

Top 5 (that I've reread from beginning to end at least 3 times)

1. Full Metal Alchemist
2. Yotsuba
3. Eyeshield 21
4. Emma
5. Ouran Host Club

and 10 (reread at least twice)
6.Bambino!!
7. Oishinbo
8. Otoyomegatari
9. One Piece
10. Hikaru No Go

Did I gain valuable nakamas?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I approve of this new japanese-reading, food-obsessing junior.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone

1. Full Metal Alchemist
2. Yotsuba
3. Eyeshield 21
4. Emma
5. Ouran Host Club

6.Bambino!!
7. Oishinbo
8. Otoyomegatari
9. One Piece
10. Hikaru No Go

Hey, I like 7 out of 10 of those.

I guess we can be nakama. :p

upandaway

1. Full Metal Alchemist
2. Yotsuba
3. Eyeshield 21
4. Emma
5. Ouran Host Club

6.Bambino!!
7. Oishinbo
8. Otoyomegatari
9. One Piece
10. Hikaru No Go

Oh man you're a pretty neat dude.

Guys I don't even think we can rudely throw recommendations at this one. This is a problem.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
The main breh Dresden, although you are a pioneer against our cause (WednesdayGAF forever lives), congratulations are in order.

Kurita

1. Full Metal Alchemist
2. Yotsuba
3. Eyeshield 21
4. Emma
5. Ouran Host Club

6.Bambino!!
7. Oishinbo
8. Otoyomegatari
9. One Piece
10. Hikaru No Go