• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTZ| Reading Shounen Garbage < Watching Moe Garbage

Status
Not open for further replies.

survivor

Banned
It's almost here

8v0nMXR.jpg

Pandora Hearts v5
tumblr_mosuacFHnf1qbxqfpo1_250.jpg

Best panel for Oz, or rather Jack. I want Jack to come around more often, just the aura around him and how everyone was immediately stunned and what not. The writer easily knows what I like for the basis of stories and the Jack plot seems like it would deliver, if he can find his friend Glen and help him to the good side (assuming that is what the plot involves). I was hoping Vincent too would be aligned to the righteous side instead of a Baskerville working partner...that seems to give a terrible omen or implicate Gil and his relationship with some unneeded stress.

wonzo

Banned
Nobunaga no Chef 32

I see Ken has started to use his food not for peace but for bloodshed. A must needed character development if he is to become the body-double for Nobunaga.

It's almost here

8v0nMXR.jpg
I wonder how low Punpun's gonna go in this volume!

Haikyuu!! 65
tumblr_mosvh1jng21qbxqfpo1_400.png

The panels of them reaching for Aobajousais back through the whole chapter was a good fit and rather nice way to show their progression through this round of the match. Its just so intense and keeps me on the edge. Hinatas save ftw.

Erigu

Manga News mentioned it's ending in 14 volumes, but for some reason I always thought the last volume is coming out end of this year.
The wording is a bit unclear, really, but I think the series is supposed to end with the next batch of episodes (which should soon be serialized now), that is to say volume 13.

Koi Nante Shinai! 3
tumblr_moswac7xdP1qbxqfpo1_500.png

The aunt is surprisingly not that bad, most times the artists would make the female characters look and act really atrociously, but here she is rather interesting. Partying it up and trying to get the two to have some fun was worthwhile. The change of events with her arrival and the other plot in the background, involving the customer wanting to get revenge, made it suspenseful. I just hope he wont get hurt from this kidnapping plot line.

World Only God Knows filler ch. 232
It was a bottom tier girls chapter, I had no high hopes.

Nobunaga no Chef 32
Freaking Ken using olfactory glands to indirectly kill people and look at all that swag ^

Pretty different from the drama, for 1. Ken doesn't look like a model and yell "Warring states cuisine" right before he cooks, and the Natsu assists Ken with cooking.

Random new manga
Flat
10/19 ch.
Heisuke is aloof highschooler with a sweet tooth who often takes care of his younger cousin Aki who doesn't like to make trouble for others. The art style is a little...loop sided? When it comes to facial expressions and it's pretty minimalistic overall. The story kind of reminds me of Bunny Drop mixed with Yotsuba. It does tend to drag during some parts (really when it's not about Heisuke and Aki).

Vanilla Resort 3

Sometimes friends can make the worst statements, and this was one time that is true. Though, maybe its just from a lack of understanding and the lack of Temple and Mutsu ever verbally announcing their own feelings but people in the third party group probably cant be faulted for suggesting the live in situation and moving out is necessary.

Kurita

Nobunaga no Chef 32

Freaking Ken using olfactory glands to indirectly kill people and look at all that swag ^

Pretty different from the drama, for 1. Ken doesn't look like a model and yell "Warring states cuisine" right before he cooks, and the Natsu assists Ken with cooking.

I like both versions tbh
I think I even find the drama more entertaining because Natsu is always here helping Ken.
And I love when he says "Sengoku no Cuisine" :lol

Tokage no Ou 14

So she lives? Well, this just got interesting if she manages to meet up with Tokage.

Fisher is really starting to grow on me after that last panel. Sugamo is still a psychotic bitch,
that was her severed arm she threw at her
!

I still like her though.

I like both versions tbh
I think I even find the drama more entertaining because Natsu is always here helping Ken.
And I love when he says "Sengoku no Cuisine" :lol

The drama has more of light-hearted feel I think because you see Natsu so much I like them in equal parts. It made me feel like I was in a shonen manga after hearing "Sengoku no Cuisine" so much (laugh).

What did you think of the ending with the
dessert battle with that patisserie and the portal to the future

Kurita

The drama has more of light-hearted feel I think because you see Natsu so much I like them in equal parts. It made me feel like I was in a shonen manga after hearing "Sengoku no Cuisine" so much (laugh).

What did you think of the ending with the
dessert battle with that patisserie and the portal to the future

Haven't reached that part yet (well, I know what happens but haven't seen it) so I can't tell.

That's exactly why I love buying volumes, there's always extra content.

But tbh, what annoys me the most is people reading scans of mangas available in their country without buying the volumes...

I always thought, at least here in the us, that what is most strange are peoples reasons for at least not trying to contribute to viz's weekly shonen jump offering simply for the sake of saying that the chapters come out too late...

Koe no Kitachi One Shot

Well if you want to read a story about how kids can be horrible little shits this is for you. Haven't felt so much rage in a long while.

I always thought, at least here in the us, that what is most strange are peoples reasons for at least not trying to contribute to viz's weekly shonen jump offering simply for the sake of saying that the chapters come out too late...
Those people will always find a reason to complain. You'll hear stuff like they dont include Assassination Classroom and Kochikame. Yes, ive heard someone say they will not support it because they cannot read Kochikame on it. Unbelievable. You gotta support the mangaka.

Scientia 1

Not my type of story, but it was sci-fi ish and such so I thought why not. Old lady was superior character and really memorable. Im glad for the ending as I was afraid based on how it started it would be all not good.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Pandora Hearts v5
tumblr_mosuacFHnf1qbxqfpo1_250.jpg

Best panel for Oz, or rather Jack. I want Jack to come around more often, just the aura around him and how everyone was immediately stunned and what not. The writer easily knows what I like for the basis of stories and the Jack plot seems like it would deliver, if he can find his friend Glen and help him to the good side (assuming that is what the plot involves). I was hoping Vincent too would be aligned to the righteous side instead of a Baskerville working partner...that seems to give a terrible omen or implicate Gil and his relationship with some unneeded stress.

Keep going through this DTL. Keep going. You're not even at the best parts yet.

bigkrev

Man, the latest mangaupdates poll breaks my heart
8w0GZNs.png

So few people reading volumes...

The problem with volumes, in my opinion, is the cost. In Japan, volumes are something like 4-600 yen(according to amazon), where as in America, its 10 dollars minimum. The Shonen Jump titles (which comprised most of my collection) were priced at 7.95 for a long time, and thats the highest price I really want to pay for a single volume.

I've posted about how Viz is fucking up the pricing of their digital shit, but really, its kind of sad :(

Issho ni Gohan. - Takitate! 1-13
I wish there were more cooking scenes/panels with food like this one :(
So yeah another frigging cooking manga >.>
Hikaru is a uni business student who wants to be a restaurant manager and lives with 8 other people who have some background in cooking. There's also an android who knows everyone's secret---dunno what's up with that. The art's not too bad but like some cooking manga I've read, there's hardly any cooking and it's just a pretext to draw pretty boys so...I'm gonna take a pass on this.

Flat 10-19
Having marathoned it since last night, I can firmly say, I probably won't continue this. It lacks the quirky, childlike wonder and cuteness that makes Yotsuba enjoyable. While it does have the awkward older parental figure/capable youngster unit like Bunny Drop, it's not as strong since Aki is more reserved as opposed to Rin's responsible and assertive nature. As a whole it falls a little flat for me.

Wagatsuma-san wa Ore no Yome 1 - 12
Story of a high school student who, each times goes to sleep, travels to the future, where he's married to his dream girl Wagatsuma, the most popular one in his school.
Unfortunetaly in his real time he's a an awkward, celibate virgin protagonist and still hasn't talked to her. So he decides to use the knowledge of the future to get closer to her. But by doing so he can unexpectedly change the future, so he has to be careful at what he does.

Nice little series, I like the reaction faces and the cringe-comedy.
No smut.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom