• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTZ| Reading Shounen Garbage < Watching Moe Garbage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shinmai Fukei Kiruko-san 01-24

e3CQ7iJl.jpg

That was pretty messy. And average. High energy at least and I was amused by the comedy and the silly situations. I'm actually pretty content with how it ended cause at least it kept with the non serious tone and was really something I expected this series to end like.

It was a decent read.

ElFly

Shinmai Fukei Kiruko-san 01-24

[I
MG]http://i.imgur.com/e3CQ7iJl.jpg[/IMG]

That was pretty messy. And average. High energy at least and I was amused by the comedy and the silly situations. I'm actually pretty content with how it ended cause at least it kept with the non serious tone and was really something I expected this series to end like.

It was a decent read.

It's pretty average, but I wish they spin off a series about cerberus-kun adventures, since he obviously is big boss from metal gear.

The cerberus kun in-manga manga was way better than the rest of the actual manga.

Anyone else start to see the pieces to fall in place for Sasuke being the final villain?

I feel that Madara will use Orochimaru's Soul Transfer jutsu and take over Sasuke's body after he loses to Naruto + gang. Only for Sasuke to pull a shonen victory from within by sacrificing himself and telling Naruto he loves him wants him to end the shinobi system.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Anyone else start to see the pieces to fall in place for Sasuke being the final villain?

Well, for a long-long while I always thought that the final boss candidate will be either Orochimaru or Sasuke, even with all the crazy mountain-leveling guys appearing one after another.

One of them, I am sure of it. Sasuke is my best bet though.

Gintamen

Toriyama working again? did his mountains of Dragonball cash somehow run out?
He shouldn't be able to do whatever the fuck he wants? He must be insanely rich still and his professional is being a mangaka. His kids must be 18+ by now so he has to much free time and nothing else to do.

The art style is clearly his, but he had that copy-cat for the SD series...

Toriko
I'll fucking kill you! I like that new Toriko.

Rorschach

I don't think Naruto can, or is willing to, fight Sasuke. Kishi has really written himself into a corner because he can't really fight anyone and not be a hypocrite. To "break the cycle" he has to talk-no-jutsu his way out of every fight. Fighting Sasuke would go against everything he, and the manga, has set up to this point. His mentors gave their lives because they thought he would be the one to break the never ending cycle of violence and revenge and bring real, lasting peace to the world (which would actually put them out of business, no? No more ninja villages ;b).

In a way, you can see Sasuke's point on the Bijuu. He wants the system to change. It's the ol' nuclear stalemate. PeaceStalemate through guaranteed mutual destruction. And to contain these beasts, you have to basically sacrifice a child. If he was successful at killing them all, he would have ended the Moon Eye Plan and the war along with it. I can't believe that's the thing that's gonna do in Sakura and Naruto's blind faith after all he has done. Especially with how unaffected they were with all those other things combined.

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
In a way, you can see Sasuke's point on the Bijuu. He wants the system to change. It's the ol' nuclear stalemate. PeaceStalemate through guaranteed mutual destruction. And to contain these beasts, you have to basically sacrifice a child. If he was successful at killing them all, he would have ended the Moon Eye Plan and the war along with it. I can't believe that's the thing that's gonna do in Sakura and Naruto's blind faith after all he has done. Especially with how unaffected they were with all those other things combined.
Sauce can't kill them. They just reform in a few decades. His plan is stupid.

Gintamen

Read some heated discussion about Jiuubi having a corporal body, while the Bijuus were formed out of him and are purely chakra, enabling the Jiuubis death if it's really killable and not just nature as it was said to have created the world or something in that direction.

About the hate circle, where has Narrow ever mentioned not to fight to break it? Likely never.

Gintamen

But that's not that special something Mashima has talked about, is it? Still time until the 11th of July. Is it running in Shounen Weekly to make it special?

Beelzebub

Go OGA! Also Kunieda in this chapter makes it amazing. Cannot wait for the next chapter.

As for the FT news. Mashima you are crazy. 3 chapters for one week? Mind rubbing off that hardwork attitude on Togashi?

I think you're being a bit redundant calling something from Fairy Tail a fan service chapter.

I mean an episode that has literally nothing to do with the main plot like the various beach episodes that manga has had. Fan service in a plot episode is different :p

kadotsu

Banned
My first time posting here. Do you guys have any recommendations for romance titles? I would prefer non-harem. I tried to read Kimi no Iru Machi but the first chapter was so repulsive with its sub-galge level characters that I simply couldn't continue. It doesn't need to be high brow. The most recent series I enjoyed were Buyuden and Again!!.

survivor

Banned
My first time posting here. Do you guys have any recommendations for romance titles? I would prefer non-harem. I tried to read Kimi no Iru Machi but the first chapter was so repulsive with its sub-galge level characters that I simply couldn't continue. It doesn't need to be high brow. The most recent series I enjoyed were Buyuden and Again!!.
5 Centimeters per Second
Cat Street
Emma
Hoshi no Furu Machi
Ore Monogatari
Goodnight Punpun
Annarasumanara
Baka and Gogh
Living Game
Sakamichi no Apollon

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Naruto
I dig it. Madara is gonna become the juubi's jinchuriki, and it'll take everyone's strength just to survive until Orochimaru swoops in to save the day. This manga is gonna end with a rasengan, isn't it? Still a good chapter though.

No, it's going to end with a sage mode Rasengenki-dama. After Madara rips Kurama's chakra out of naruto, naruto will enter sage mode and say "EVERYONE LEND ME YOUR POWER!"

Everyone donates their chakra to Naruto for a super rasengan that he throws at madara. Madara holds off the rasengan, then Orochimaru and Sasuke summon the eternal dragon and wish to restore naruto's chakra, which naruto uses to finish off madara, thus bringing peace the world from the terror of BuuMadrara Uchiha

Kurita

Sakamichi No Apollon
Nodame Cantabile

Diorama Toy Box
tumblr_mp22n81Fzb1qbxqfpo1_1280.png

Such awesome designs for this fairy and assassination series. Leafed through the first two chapters (since its in the online zero-sum) and looks great. Hopefully we get more than two eng pages a week...

bigkrev

Hi, I don't post here but there's apparently gonna be a new Jump series from Akira Toriyama called Ginga Patrol Jako

https://twitter.com/seiyufan/status/349880954380230656

Its gonna start on the July 13 issue of Jump.

I would be SHOCKED if this isn't the next title US Jump picks up. Recognizable name plus its starting the week after the AX panel where they are announcing their next title. I'll be interested to see how this affects scanlation efforts of the manga (World Trigger is behind the US Jump schedule, for example)

TokiDoki

JJBA Phantom Blood 19-21

The frog punch was glorious, ripple is still an odd power though glad that it was replaced later on by the stand concept. I never really understood why Speedwagon was never trained to use Ripple if he was so insistent on "seeing things through to the end". Guess he practiced monologues or something :p

It take talent to even try using ripple . Remember Zepelli stuck his finger insider Speedwagon stomach ? He had a very different reaction from Jonathan which indicate his lack of talent .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom