• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTZ| Reading Shounen Garbage < Watching Moe Garbage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Deadman Wonderland 57

tumblr_m7d0nddhd41r1849go1_500.gif

I did not read 57 chapters for a goddamn happy ending.

lol at Gantz and Deadman Wonderland having happy endings. Gantz is specially disappointing.

Also you guys should play Dangan Ronpa its pretty good.

Waiting for the anime to convince me to play the game, like p4anime and desu2 anime have done though assuming Danganronpa vita comes to the us? (remnants of atlus? xseed? aksys?)

Well theres no point in playing the game aside from the relationship building since the entire story will be told. A very good translation patch has been released and I played it.

Oh yeah if you want a challenge play Malicious difficulty.

Tonari no Seki-kun 26

Yoko is really getting more and more into this than Seki at this point.

Also, that robot is dead now.

Tonari no Seki-kun 27

sJ0cNrMl.png

Metal Gear Solid Seki-kun.

ryan13ts

I started reading Terra Formars recently on a recommendation of a friend, and wow... the racist overtones are more than just subtle. The fact that he's made cockroaches look WAY too similar to black people, along with their primitive nature is more than a little disturbing.. Maybe I'm just reading too much into it?

dramatis

lol wut

Dangan Ronpa Spoilers. My second choice is
I know that's why I said DTL >____>

I started reading Terra Formars recently on a recommendation of a friend, and wow... the racist overtones are more than just subtle. The fact that he's made cockroaches look WAY too similar to black people, along with their primitive nature is more than a little disturbing.. Maybe I'm just reading too much into it?
You're not reading too much into it. Consensus seems to be yes, Terra Formars is hella racist.

Aizo

Banned

I don't think they look like black people. They look like stereotypes. Like some awful, early 1900s American posters.

Homo erectus:

Remember, evolution is a big theme in Terra Formars.

Foolworm

Mysterious Girlfriend X 78

It's interesting to see the male lead blush and be embarrassed for a change (and not be a yaoi title).

And damn at that Urabe smile, instant flashback to the movie arc. She's such an ice queen.

Edit: Crap, thanks for reminding me B-dubs.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Mysterious Girlfriend X 78

It's interesting to see the male lead blush and be embarrassed for a change (and not be a yaoi title).

And damn at that Urabe smile, instant flashback to the movie arc. She's such an ice queen.

Man, it's not in English yet. Watch that shit.

Suen

Gantz

So decided to catch up with it since I stopped reading in 2009 and I have no idea what kind of drugs the author took after the Osaka arc. Can't believe how it could turn from so good to so shit in such a short time. Also still don't know fuck all about the purpose of the Vampires or Akira. Shit should have ended at the Osaka arc.

Village

I hate it when a manga has a protagonist , who for the entire manga is not only in the moral right, but is a pretty good person, but somehow they are wrong just so they can show "growth" but in actuality you are just punishing someone who did not deserve it.

That is how I feel about deadman, non of this is your fault protagonist, you do not have to pretend like it is.

Shimekiri-sama ni Oyurushi wo 01-04

hhEtMH1l.jpg

A mangaka who sucks at making deadlines suddenly has the god of deadlines descend upon him to help him meet his deadlines by stabbing him with a kitchen knife.

After four chapters, I can safety say the plot is silly nonsense. Silly amusing nonsense nonetheless though. It is parody, mangaka battle shounen, potential harem and whatever else the author will probably think of all rolled into one.

It's pretty amusing to say the least.

Articalys

No idea where the source of the picture is from, but apparently the wraparound obi on the 5th volume of PSI Kusuo Saiki announces an adaptation of some sort, with some expressing confidence it says "anime." It comes out next week, so we'll see.

(1, 2)

No idea where the source of the picture is from, but apparently the wraparound obi on the 5th volume of PSI Kusuo Saiki announces an adaptation of some sort, with some expressing confidence it says "anime." It comes out next week, so we'll see.

(1, 2)

Hopefully full length tv anime, would be great...now I would just need haikyuu!! Announced.

They steal cars and get high, too. How do creatures evolve without natural selection? You make the series sound more intelligent than it is.

I forgot about that page. Could be coincidence, but maybe not.

Can't remember because releases are so sporadic, but have there been any prominent (or at least not fodder) black people on any of the teams?

yami4ct

Deadman Wonderland 57

I don't know why I started this series in the first place. I don't know why I kept reading. I have disliked every moment of this thing. Terrible pacing, terrible characters, terrible plotting. Stories come up and are wrapped up with no real thought or care. Ultraviolence is used just to distract and adds absolutely nothing to the plot or tone. Now, they're going for a completely unearned happy ending? Ugh. Cannot wait until I never have to read a chapter of this ever again.

Well, at least the fight in this chapter was pretty decent. I'll give it that.

Blusby

Also you guys should play Dangan Ronpa its pretty good.

Yes, yes, all of you should play Dangan Ronpa.
Junko is my waifu
Also started reading Crimson Shell by the author of Pandora Hearts. It's a one-shot and seems like a proto-PH and it's been kinda, underwhelming.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
The thing that kills me about that image is that they're even aiming the guns like gangsta caricatures from The Boondocks.

Yea, the whole thing is some racist caricature...was there no editor to point this out? I mean I know it's Japan but still, someone had to see it.

Beelzebub 210

So I've been on a marathon of this manga ever since the end of the anime, I'm not even sure where I started and finally got to the current chapter. Anyways I don't know what happened or who suggested it but holy crap Beelzebub made a HUGE bounce up in my charts. The action is all over the place now, and not only that but the action is longer and better. I used to hate when I saw Oga one punch everyone, so seeing him actually fighting the enemies and having a hard time is great. Also I'm glad that his friends (or his rival/friends/ppl that mostly want to beat him up) are actually powerful too, I was tired of seeing them on the sidelines so much so seeing them being useful is refreshing to me.

I haven't been hyped for a Beelzebub chapter in a long time since everything they did would usually end in a one punch by Oga. Now I'm hyped and can't wait to see the fights, I'm just astonished right now by this manga, just wow.

Btw this is my first post on this thread so I hope I'm doing this right and not spoiling anything. If I'm doing this wrong then I'll immediately edit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom