• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTZ| Reading Shounen Garbage < Watching Moe Garbage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Ocha Nigosu 86-89

MRXocRn.png

Poor president-kun.

Badass ending to the school festival arc. Should be interesting to see what's the deal with furuta.

xaosslug

how much would peeps mind if the entirety of Naruto up until this point was Kakashi (when Itachi first got him) or Sasuke (when they fought and Itachi died because he was, well, dying) trapped in Itachi's genjutsu? Because Naruto is just so bad (it's always been allmover the shop, but ever since Sasuke's revelation and reuniting of Team 7 (barf!) it's been pointedly unreadable!) and needs to have the past several arcs just... culled. The last time I was genuinely interested in Naruto was when the Akatsuki stuff began, so GO BACK TO THAT and let everything NOW be a bad 'what if...' dream... shit.

it would be great. 1) it reaffirms how awesome Itachi is, and 2) undoes many stupid doings + deaths.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Sporting Salt

Decided to check this out since people were calling it awful.
They were right. This is some of the worst art I've seen in Jump in a long time. You have to fuck up pretty bad to make World Trigger look good.
Yeah I don't see this becoming a series.

Dia Game 1
tumblr_mchm74WjfU1rfc32uo1_250.jpg

I think Dia could be a bit better designed (tethering on the edge of being a bit too girl looking for the manga, maybe...) but still kind of interesting. I think I kind of like vampire stories so it was nice to get another one and hopefully it reaches completion. I would want him to end up with the Vampire Hunter more so than the one who decided to take him in, better personality that oozes cool, and good design shrouded in mystery.

upandaway

Sporting Salt
That was bad, generic characters, boring premise and messy art. So it probably will become a full series soon enough.

For some reason it reminds me of Bleach
:lol
I was completely lost when I first saw it because man, you'd think someone would realize that the male manager + female team thing wasn't really working out for Cross Manage. Are they trying to start a bandwagon or something

Sporting Salt

Or Sports Doctor Smut

I feel like I'm taking a sports medicine course reading this.

I guess the premise is interesting, but I can't see it lasting long with all that medical talk going on.

Akito

I was completely lost when I first saw it because man, you'd think someone would realize that the male manager + female team thing wasn't really working out for Cross Manage. Are they trying to start a bandwagon or something
They probably thought it'd suffice if there were tons of (badly drawn) full-frontal shots in it.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.

Jump Exec 1: Wow, Cross Manage just completely bombed. I thought we had something good going here?
Jump Exec 2: Americans seem to love it, but what they say never matters.
Jump Exec 1: But this concept is great, we need to keep doing it until it's a success.
Jump Exec 3: I have this Tennis one here.
Jump Exec 1: Holy shit, this looks horrible! We're Jump damn it! We have standards!
Jump Exec 2: Koisuru Edison says what?
Jump Exec 1: .... Run it and see what people think.

Antiwhippy

Tenshi Na Konamaiki

Reading ocha nigosu made me want to revisit the ending of this again, and man, the ending just reaffirmed megumi as one of my all time favourite manga characters.

God I love nishimori.

scy

Sporting Salt - The art is rough but there's some kind of charm somewhere in that if it was cleaned up a lot. The tone of this is all over the place, though. This probably would've been better off with more seriousness throughout rather than being so silly.

Then again, I guess that might have been the point.

All this clearing the past business will inevitably lead to them having sex and they will both get off the hook because of that. God is a perv shipper.

To be honest, that's totally the ending I'm hoping for.

Sporting Salt
tumblr_mp5yr6R3L21qbxqfpo1_500.png

People thought it was bad? But Shioya. I thought it had its moments but the ecchi nature of it felt like it was a bit too much at times, though I think I found myself more concerned over that random shot of the skirt being blown up or rather the camera angle being in such a way that we could see under it...as it just seemed kind of unnatural and odd in the context of everything else going on.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Beelzebub

Why does the fighting in this always fail to impress?

Cause it's just people punching each other.

There's no strategy, choreography or creativeness. It's just back and forth punching before someone goes super serial and busts out the demon magic.

survivor

Banned
Sporting Salt

If this was an attempt at releasing the worst manga of the year then Jump just won.

Boy, I just can't wait to see how terrible the 3 new series they are bringing in if this is the level of shit they allow to get published.

One Punch Man - 25

I know this released a while ago and I'm a little late but I had to catch up to this manga. I don't have much to say about this specific chapter but the manga in general is very beautifully drawn. Also the action scenes aren't too bad either. My only gripe about the manga is that their isn't much story development but I don't mind since the series is comedy.

Antiwhippy

Tenshi na konamaiki vol. 1-2

Goddamn this manga is still so good.

Genzo still makes me laugh. Just love the way nishimori treats delinquent characters.

Normal Jump readers just werent ready for a Kodansha style story. The two new serials announced dont seem that interesting on first glance. But Amano's manga looks incredible. Live Jump cant come soon enough.

Kurita

Nobunaga no Chef

oLiK8M2.png

Also, if it's like in the drama, we'll see
Ken's girlfriend
pretty soon but I'm not sure it'll happen.

Akito

Claymore 140
Priscilla's transformation made no sense at all and I'm not even bitter because Yagi somehow managed to kill off Riful not once but twice. Miata's awakened form is nice and all but the subplot about the defending of Rabona is just a time waster so far.

how much would peeps mind if the entirety of Naruto up until this point was Kakashi (when Itachi first got him) or Sasuke (when they fought and Itachi died because he was, well, dying) trapped in Itachi's genjutsu? Because Naruto is just so bad (it's always been allmover the shop, but ever since Sasuke's revelation and reuniting of Team 7 (barf!) it's been pointedly unreadable!) and needs to have the past several arcs just... culled. The last time I was genuinely interested in Naruto was when the Akatsuki stuff began, so GO BACK TO THAT and let everything NOW be a bad 'what if...' dream... shit.

it would be great. 1) it reaffirms how awesome Itachi is, and 2) undoes many stupid doings + deaths.

No, Aizen moves to Naruto universe and puts everyone under hypnosis. Everything that happens is under Aizen´s hypnosis.

Sporting Salt

RIP WSJ. 1968-2013.
It's the combination of every bad tendency in recent Jump series, executed with the skill of a high school manga club.

Wiseblade

Sporting Salt

The ugly, angular art made the constant fanservice really jarring. The actual plot of the one-shot was really by-the-numbers too. Almost completely without substance.

Foolworm

Claymore 140
Good chapter, I guess.
Miata's awakening reminded me of Vash.

Really? The final form looked really sleek... Like one of those dragon-serpent themed digimon, maybe Gatomon's final evolution?

As to Priscilla, the claymore coming out of nowhere was garbage. Isley pulled it off better.

Hell's Kitchen 22
While I wanted to see what happened with Tachibana or more Moriya and Dogma, I did enjoy the focus on one of the professors instead of a recipe/potential friend or frienmy of the chapter.

For people watching the Hunter x Hunter anime, about how long until
Man Gon vs. Pitou?

Note if you haven't read the manga do not highlight that.

Pimpwerx

Claymore
You know, I once had hopes that this manga would eventually progress to the main land. I don't think that'll ever happen now. Instead, Yaga goes from giving us a glut of anonymous claymores to giving us a glut of anonymous awakened beings to now a glut of anonymous abyssals. Meh. It wasn't a bad chapter though. I'm intrigued by Claymore Priscilla. Is she going to fight Claire in that form? PEACE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom