• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTZ| Reading Shounen Garbage < Watching Moe Garbage

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is terrible.

I'm desperately looking for a good anime to watch and can't find a thing that interests me.

Maybe Space Brothers but that has a manga...

ughhh ;_;

survivor

Banned
Preferably something newer. The last two anime I watched were the second season of Gundam 00 and Casshern Sins. And I didn't like either that much.

edit: correction, I did watch a decent portion of Dragon Ball Kai but that doesn't really count.
Well from 2012, the best stuff would be Hyouka for some high school mystery drama. Fate/Zero for mature action shit. And Tsuritama for being the best anime of the year.

From this year, the only good stuff would be Wolf Children movie. The animation short film, Little Witch Academia (you can watch it on youtube, but hurry up cause today is the last day they keep it up). Then there is Otona Joshi no Anime Time for some realistic slice of life drama.

Preferably something newer. The last two anime I watched were the second season of Gundam 00 and Casshern Sins. And I didn't like either that much.

edit: correction, I did watch a decent portion of Dragon Ball Kai but that doesn't really count.

I don't know what your tastes are, but if you're looking for an anime that's not based on a manga might I suggest Tatami Galaxy or Tsuritama?

dramatis

I forgot that some of the pages got (partly) translated by someone on Danbooru, 2 pages are only about them singing the Skyrim theme song. I figured that it might be difficult to translate if you don't know the game but maybe I can help with the specific terms.
And no, that's not how DS is like :D
I spent those two pages thinking that they were singing but I had no idea what for (also didn't play Skyrim...).

Quick rollthrough: Priscilla realizes that it's no longer the year of the dragon, but that it's the year of the snake. The crows discuss how snakes can't become dragons, and that snakes are "half breeds that can't become dragons"; Priscilla rapidly loses health from their attacks. Her companions try to cheer her up, and she ends up asserting that no matter how you look at her, she's obviously a dragon. Then

Darkstalker Kaathe has invaded! Priscilla refuses to tolerate the invasion of a snake, and preps for battle when

The Magnificent Vengeful Spirit Kingseeker Frampt has invaded! (that's really his name in this)

Kaathe and Frampt fight each other (presumably this is DS related..) and then they disappear. At which point Priscilla sighs and thinks aloud that the year of the snake probably better suits a halfbreed like her. The crows and the knight dude sing the Skyrim song, ending with the crows helping Priscilla cast a dragon-shaped shadow on the wall (the "A dragon has appeared!" text riffs on Dragon Quest). She asks what this dragon-like song is, and the crows tell her it's the song of the "Dragon's Turn" (dragon-baan, which is how 'dragonborn' would sound like in JP). So the crew ignores the fact that it is year of the snake and propose to keep singing the song.

Some mobs try to tell them that it's the wrong game.

I think I should avoid dragon-things in the future.

Kurita

Polar Bear Café

Well from 2012, the best stuff would be Hyouka for some high school mystery drama. Fate/Zero for mature action shit. And Tsuritama for being the best anime of the year.

From this year, the only good stuff would be Wolf Children movie. The animation short film, Little Witch Academia (you can watch it on youtube, but hurry up cause today is the last day they keep it up). Then there is Otona Joshi no Anime Time for some realistic slice of life drama.

I'm watching Little Witch Academia. Lucky me that I asked today. Can I have this as a full series, please? This looks like Harry Potter but better.

The premise for Tsuritama sounds crazy enough and I always wanted to know why people like the Fate series. I'll look into the other two as well.

I don't know what your tastes are, but if you're looking for an anime that's not based on a manga might I suggest Tatami Galaxy or Tsuritama?

Wow, the art for Tatami Galaxy looks great. Will check out for sure.

Thanks to both of you.

Solune

Watch:
Poyopoyo Kansatsu Nikki (anime short)
Fate/Zero (standard anime format)
You Are Umasou (anime movie)

Polar Bear Café

You should check out:
K
Kimi to Boku
Tsuritama
Mawaru Penguindrum
BLast of Tempest

Polar Bear Café and Penguindrum look incredible :lol

3COz1AO.jpg
Watch:
Poyopoyo Kansatsu Nikki (anime short)
Fate/Zero (standard anime format)
You Are Umasou (anime movie)

dat cutesy dinosaurs

but yeah, Fate/Zero is on my list

thanks to you three as well

Akito

I spent those two pages thinking that they were singing but I had no idea what for (also didn't play Skyrim...).

Quick rollthrough: Priscilla realizes that it's no longer the year of the dragon, but that it's the year of the snake. The crows discuss how snakes can't become dragons, and that snakes are "half breeds that can't become dragons"; Priscilla rapidly loses health from their attacks. Her companions try to cheer her up, and she ends up asserting that no matter how you look at her, she's obviously a dragon. Then

Darkstalker Kaathe has invaded! Priscilla refuses to tolerate the invasion of a snake, and preps for battle when

The Magnificent Vengeful Spirit Kingseeker Frampt has invaded! (that's really his name in this)

Kaathe and Frampt fight each other (presumably this is DS related..) and then they disappear. At which point Priscilla sighs and thinks aloud that the year of the snake probably better suits a halfbreed like her. The crows and the knight dude sing the Skyrim song, ending with the crows helping Priscilla cast a dragon-shaped shadow on the wall (the "A dragon has appeared!" text riffs on Dragon Quest). She asks what this dragon-like song is, and the crows tell her it's the song of the "Dragon's Turn" (dragon-baan, which is how 'dragonborn' would sound like in JP). So the crew ignores the fact that it is year of the snake and propose to keep singing the song.

Some mobs try to tell them that it's the wrong game.

I think I should avoid dragon-things in the future.
Thanks a million for the summary, Kaathe and Frampt did have conflicting agendas in the game so it makes perfect sense. I know I'm pushing my luck here but would you also do full translation? You can just use the "adding notes" tool on Danbooru to easily write it down in that case :)

Assassination Classroom 47

That seemed way too intense and extreme for a manga featuring students...I would want the class to bond with him instead of keeping him outcast like that, he has to be misunderstood.

Ass Class 47
While I had a feeling something like this would happen, I didn't expect it to turn out the way it did. But it still feels like a "well that escalated quickly" situation. Itona's new look is pretty cool, wonder what his tentacles are going to look like besides thorny tentacles.

I guess Terasaka is gonna be one of the gang .__.

Denpa Kyoshi 80
Synesthesia girl is (already) best girl.

Rosario Vampire 65
22 pages of that. For shame monthly manga-ka
The thought of "why I am I still reading this" and this harem manga turned battle manga has so many asspulls still goes through my head.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Okay I'm curious, is that Minamoto-kun series popular in Japan? Or is all the fanfare limited to manga forums?

Shiinake no Hitobito 01-19

rkrQxHml.jpg

Average high school boy gets caught up in a ninja clan's war for the next master of their village.

Art's a little rough at times. Mostly during the action it just gets messy. But, it has been decently entertaining to read. It has good comedy and is pretty wacky even though this is some big ninja succession war going on here. The MC isn't terrible, even though he's pretty much a messiah character throughout of the chapters so far in not willing all that gunho about this whole succession war.

It has the weird sense of being average yet not terrible enough for me to keep reading.

wonzo

Banned
Donyatsu 1-15

This is pretty much the greatest thing ever and I want a Tokyo Jungle spinoff with Donyatsu & Co so bad it hurts.

Magi 187

It definitely feels like endgame stuff but I can't help but think that Scheherazade is gonna pull a Titus and sacrifice herself to get rid of the cluster thing and then they'll shift focus to Mor (lol) and/or the Al-Thamen in the Kou empire.

also lol @ mor appearing for the first time in god knows how long but only dead in some bad end future :/

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Shiinake no Hitobito 01-19

rkrQxHml.jpg

Average high school boy gets caught up in a ninja clan's war for the next master of their village.

Art's a little rough at times. Mostly during the action it just gets messy. But, it has been decently entertaining to read. It has good comedy and is pretty wacky even though this is some big ninja succession war going on here. The MC isn't terrible, even though he's pretty much a messiah character throughout of the chapters so far in not willing all that gunho about this whole succession war.

It has the weird sense of being average yet not terrible enough for me to keep reading.

Literally 5 pages in. OK

Akuma Game 1
tumblr_mp8euc3HSw1qbxqfpo1_400.png

The master of the household has intense pheromones that makes everyone instantly fall for him. In order to escape this dilemma he summons a demon who is able to solve the problem...I like the solution proposed as it ought to lead to tons and tons of kissing scenes and others and feels kind of natural. The demon is really good looking and has a desirable personality. Can't wait to see what else happens.

dumbyugi

Qualia the Purple 9-11

This is one crazy revenge plan. I'm going to guess that the first time Gaku got a call from herself will come into play later and that the final world will be one where she tells Yukari not to go to Jaunt.

Sayonara Note 1
tumblr_mp8gjjlnY81qbxqfpo1_400.png

The exchange diary storyline is one I havent seen put into play before but made for an interesting story for these two friends. I wonder if theyll realize they have affectionate feelings for one another (though they did hug) considering theyve been exchanging the diary for years now. The bullies were annoying but at least they didnt think the possibility of relationship was bad. I like the artwork and designs and curious where the story will go, if dreams are pursued or not or if they put each other first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom