• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTZ| Reading Shounen Garbage < Watching Moe Garbage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dresden

I am not familiar with the novels (since they haven't been translated to English) but reading the summary of the OVA adaptation on Wikipedia it sounds a bit generic. We'll see what Arakawa does with it though. I hope it isn't as bad as Hero Tales D:

the good: author of the Legend of Galactic Heroes

the bad: author of Tytania

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Ya know, rereading Binbougami Ga! now, and I just realised what this was referring to.

8Ia6ox0.png

Aizo

Banned
I am not familiar with the novels (since they haven't been translated to English) but reading the summary of the OVA adaptation on Wikipedia it sounds a bit generic. We'll see what Arakawa does with it though. I hope it isn't as bad as Hero Tales D:

Too bad it won't have Yoshitaka Amano's character designs anymore :(

So this is my last manga i needed to get updated on so this will be my final recap, I've been busy with all these updates :(

Baketeriya - 21

Why does the guy with the coolest design I've seen in a long time have to turn evil. I really liked that lanky cool walk he had too. Also I can probably guess the yokai aren't gonna die, they are way too good characters to just let go. For a manga with a weird story it sure does deliver in both art and story.

Darwin's Game 4
tumblr_mp7wzvS4nF1qbxqfpo1_500.png

I would want this made into an anime, but then they would probably have to censor lots of stuff, like in three with the people being split off by cubes, and in this one the violence of getting fingers cut off and heads slashed in half...but I think the actual game itself has been compelling and interesting, getting items, in game message, new features being added, etc. The police investigating it too is a vital component to the enjoyment so I hope they stick around, maybe even act in the same capacity as the police forces in Mirai Nikki did for that plot.

Aizo

Banned
Makai no Ossan 51-167
The chapters are all messed up... This series is awesome. Few manga make me laugh.

dramatis

Is here anyone who can read moon and is willing to translate some pages of a doujinshi? (7 newish pages of the Dark Souls Priscilla one to be precise)

Pretty please?
I haven't played Dark Souls, so I only have like 25% of an idea of what's going on. Especially since I think the ending went Dragon Quest and I don't play that either.

...This isn't really how Dark Souls is, right?

Reborn's Akira Amano to Launch &#275;lDLIVE Manga

The official website for Jump Live, the upcoming smartphone app for manga from Shueisha, is revealing on Monday that Reborn! manga creator Akira Amano will launch a new series called &#275;lDLIVE. The manga's editor teases that the series will be in full color. The website also lists Kaette Kita—! Shinmai Fukei Kiruko-chan (It Has Returned! Rookie Female Cop Kiruko-chan), the return of Masahiro Hirakata's Shinmai Fukei Kiruko-chan police comedy manga after it ended its run in Weekly Shonen Jump magazine this year.

The Jump Live app will launch in August with exclusive content from Weekly Shonen Jump's manga creators. The app will be available for iOS and Android devices for free, but a 250-yen (about US$2.50) pass will give users access to all the app's content. New content will be added daily.

&#275;lDLIVE...

And Kiruko-chan's back.

Akito

I haven't played Dark Souls, so I only have like 25% of an idea of what's going on. Especially since I think the ending went Dragon Quest and I don't play that either.

...This isn't really how Dark Souls is, right?
I forgot that some of the pages got (partly) translated by someone on Danbooru, 2 pages are only about them singing the Skyrim theme song. I figured that it might be difficult to translate if you don't know the game but maybe I can help with the specific terms.
And no, that's not how DS is like :D

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
4th or 5th page I think.

Oh haha.

Figures that her latest appearance would be her being
dead.

Also man, I dunno about endgame. Still so many stuff not covered. Like what's al toran, what the hell is the dark continent, and also just where in the world is sinbad and his crew?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom