• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTZ| Reading Shounen Garbage < Watching Moe Garbage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Naruto

Ahahahaha, i read this funny post on OMF and it´s so true. It´s about how Kishi forgot that Obito was interested in Sasuke. Credit goes to ninponkaton

Obito kept Sasuke to ensure Sasuke could ensure that Obito and Madara would lose this war.
EMS Uchiha
The 4 strongest Kages including a man who can take on the Kyuubi and perfect Susano together
Juugo...yeah
Orochimaru with a Senju body
Suiguitsu if there was a water source around..would be useful/
The rest of the Kyuubi's chakra.

All thanks to Obito and his little plot for Sasuke

In hindsight Obito lost his own war because of his relationship with Sasuke.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Oh my!

"Shimabukuro made his debut in 1996, in Weekly Sh&#333;nen Jump. He received an Akatsuka Award for best new comic manga writer on his gag manga, Seikimatsu Leader den Takeshi! (&#19990;&#32000;&#26411;&#12522;&#12540;&#12480;&#12540;&#20253;&#12383;&#12369;&#12375;!?, "A Tale of a Leader in the End of the Century Takeshi!") (1997&#8211;2002, 24 volumes), for which he also won the 2001 Shogakukan Manga Award for children's manga.[1]

In 2002, he was arrested and convicted of violating child prostitution laws, including paying a 16-year-old girl ¥80,000 to have sex.[2][3][4][5] As a result of the arrest, Seikimatsu Leader Den Takeshi! was cancelled by Weekly Sh&#333;nen Jump.[6]Shimabukuro was sentenced for two years in prison, however the sentence was suspended.

In 2004, Shimabukuro returned to manga with a sports/comedy manga, Ring, which continued for 3 volumes (24 chapters) in Super Jump magazine

His current series is Toriko (&#12488;&#12522;&#12467;?), began serialization in Weekly Sh&#333;nen Jump in 2008 and became one of it's top sellers. It was nominated for 2nd Manga Taisho Award 2009. Toriko was adapted as an anime series produced by Toei Animation, the first episode premiered on April 3, 2011.

Shimabukuro is friends with Eiichiro Oda, author of One Piece.[7] and Yoshihiro Togashi, author of Yu Yu Hakusho and Hunter × Hunter"

DarkMehm

A Class 43

Why does every manga ever have to drag on just because it is popular. Watch this to have a chapter number of over 200 in the end.

Stinky

"In 2002, he was arrested and convicted of violating child prostitution laws, including paying a 16-year-old girl ¥80,000 to have sex.[2][3][4][5] As a result of the arrest, Seikimatsu Leader Den Takeshi! was cancelled by Weekly Sh&#333;nen Jump.[6]Shimabukuro was sentenced for two years in prison, however the sentence was suspended."

He is also supposedly good friends with Oda and Togashi

EDIT: Shoulda refreshed the page before posting lol.

Ass Class 43

zoZGtB0.jpg

Boringness as usual. We need more Kayano x Kataoka action.

I also wonder how Nagisa hid her boobs so cleverly.

Akito

Oh boy, 10 pages about shipping and power levels in Naruto

Beelzebub
Furuichi kicking some more asses, aside from that it's as boring as any other battle arc in Beelzebub.

Sankarea
Shit is getting real

I love how you are not remotely hesitant about you double standards. Both Luffy and now Toriko had an ass pull power up, regardless of how you try to spin it.

All I said was why bother throwing in some flash back when you can just have the power up? I don't need two pages explaining where Toriko got his power up, just give it to him

wonzo

Banned
Getenrou 1-9 END by Masakazu Ishiguro

I've been meaning to read this for a while now since someone here recommended it to me by pointing out it was by the same guy behind Soredemo Machi wa Mawatteiru. This is something that really should be read knowing as little as possible about it as it really goes off into some completely unexpected directions. Definitely a great one volume story that everyone should check out.

Now I can finally start reading SoreDemo
and run out of chapters to read not long after ;_;

Oh boy, 10 pages about shipping and power levels in Naruto

Wait, that actually lasted for 10 pages? smfh

re: Luffy's Gears

didn't Oda hint at Luffy developing Gears during their train ride to Enies Lobby? I would have to find the exact pages but I feel we've had this discussion before.

Getenrou 1-9 END by Masakazu Ishiguro

I've been meaning to read this for a while now since someone here recommended it to me by pointing out it was by the same guy behind Soredemo Machi wa Mawatteiru. This is something that really should be read knowing as little as possible about it as it really goes off into some completely unexpected directions. Definitely a great one volume story that everyone should check out.

I completely agree with this post. Getenrou is absolutely great and definitely not what one would expect after the first two chapters. If you think it's some comedy short story, prepare to get your mind blown.

The exact same thing can be said about Luffy and his gears, Sanji and his fire foot, Zorro and his Ashura thingy.

Yes... which none of those got flashbacks for, the characters just got the power ups which were awesome and allowed them to destroyed which is what I asked for... I don't see how it's being hypocritical unless you thought my first comment was sarcasm. The most recent Toriko chapters spent 2 pages having a flash back to a scene we never saw to try and explain how Toriko "learned" this ability. I don't want or need that scene it waste my time, just give Toriko the power up and let him smack around Starjun. If you didn't show the character training to learn the technique in present time don't bother inserting a flash back to retcon it, just give me the power up.

didn't Oda hint at Luffy developing Gears during their train ride to Enies Lobby? I would have to find the exact pages but I feel we've had this discussion before.

Luffy says "I have some new tricks to try" which up to this point had meant things like "water luffY" and "putting Arlong's jaws in his mouth". It also wasn't a scene added in a flash back it was shown live during the ride over to Enies Lobby.

Wiseblade

He did, let me just look for the exact page...

Retcon: Volume 39, chapter 376.

Infinite crisis: Stop stealing my thunder Bass!

Bleach v40

Favorite part of having the volumes is nearly having an entire fight dedicated to it. Though thankfully they released The Lust across two volumes close to each other in publishing time. Ulquiorra v Ichigo is still one of Kubo's best moments, Ichigo not giving up no matter what, Uryu trying to do something, and poor Inoue crushed in despair.

Konya mo nemurenai 12
tumblr_mn95f5nb701qbxqfpo1_500.png

It took so many months but finally, Verde not really being in love with Endo, and then Endo revealing all along that he knew how Rikiya felt was a great setup. I think it worked well for getting them to finally try the romance thing as that had always made me wonder how Endo would finally get involved with him as he had always seemed to try to keep that part of his emotions pushed away or just hidden, though they did share futons and living quarters and what not.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Glass Mask vol 3

At what point does this become abuse?

Yeah, except if she got too ill she could have lost the role.

Oh man, you have not even seen the depths of how far maya and tsukikaga sensei will go for ACTING.

Their insanity is partly why I love it so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom