• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTZ| Reading Shounen Garbage < Watching Moe Garbage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Luffy says "I have some new tricks to try" which up to this point had meant things like "water luffY" and "putting Arlong's jaws in his mouth". It also wasn't a scene added in a flash back it was shown live during the ride over to Enies Lobby.

He did, let me just look for the exact page...

Retcon: Volume 39, chapter 376.

Infinite crisis: Stop stealing my thunder Bass!

Yup, that one. Thanks.

And I agree about flashback trainings being ultimately pointless.

Watch. The. Show.
Watch. The. Show.
Watch. The. Show.

Seriously, I can't recommend it enough.

Ill start it on Amazon sometime, I just have to see how they all talk with each other and what not in a longer duration of time, it seems like much fun. The low episode count made me think that they didnt have all the episodes :/

I don't like his face.

Always jealous you guys get Sket Dance.

His face looks odd on the color page spread in the issue.

Sket Dance is one of the three manga in france I wish were available here :/ So unfair.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Looking back at that Naruto chapter in the better translation, I think Kishimoto needs a better editor. Dude fucks up the art details all the goddamn time. The first time I read the chapter, I didn't even know that it was Minato doing the Nine Tails mode since he forgot to draw the Edo Tensei eyes, and then later on he showed Itachi talking and he had Edo Tensei eyes in the first panel and then he randomly didn't in the second. Not to mention he randomly forgot recently that Sasuke's supposed to have a different Mangekyo pattern.

Stinky

Looking back at that Naruto chapter in the better translation, I think Kishimoto needs a better editor. Dude fucks up the art details all the goddamn time. The first time I read the chapter, I didn't even know that it was Minato doing the Nine Tails mode since he forgot to draw the Edo Tensei eyes, and then later on he showed Itachi talking and he had Edo Tensei eyes in the first panel and then he randomly didn't in the second. Not to mention he randomly forgot recently that Sasuke's supposed to have a different Mangekyo pattern.

Oda has been inconsistent like that as well, sunglasses disapearing and reappearing, scars on the wrong people..

I used to think it was assistants fucking up but now I'm more inclined to believe its just the lack of sleep and being overworked.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Oda has been inconsistent like that as well, sunglasses disapearing and reappearing, scars on the wrong people..

I used to think it was assistants fucking up but now I'm more inclined to believe its just the lack of sleep and being overworked.

That's the editors job though, especially when its a minor detail that could be corrected with like three minutes of photoshop.

Kurita

Heh, I actually like the latest Soul Catchers color page
5ruA6pS.jpg

But I think it's because it reminds me of Yusuke Nakamura's style (well, less cool-looking but you get the idea)
DOMYpDp.png

El Sloth

Banned
Anyone here know if there's an active Gunnerkirgg Court thread somewhere on GAF?

It's probably my guiltiest pleasure, but I don't think this is the thread for it.

It'd be like talking about Avatar in the anime thread!

Wiseblade

Anyone here know if there's an active Gunnerkirgg Court thread somewhere on GAF?

It's probably my guiltiest pleasure, but I don't think this is the thread for it.

The anime thread discussed Korra when it was running. Hell, they even have Akibaranger discussion!

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
There is not only a Visual Novel thread on gaming side, but also a Gay Furry Visual Novel thread, courtesy of Boss Doggie né Ookami-kun.

FillerB

This is because of Paz isn't it?

Brickhunt

I admire Oda's work ethic, but I do like to think that his fans are not really going to be happy knowing their favorite author is struggling to unhealthy levels for them. Take a month off if necessary.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
I got into naruto because of Toonami. A month or two ago, Around episode 10 or so (Or whenever it is that Haku "kills" Sasuke), I decided to go ahead, and catch up with naruto (First in english... then in japanese... then the manga).

I found the change in tone of Naruto pretty jarring at the point of the preliminaries battles for the final round of the Chunin Exam. Particuarly, Gaara vs Rock Lee. It was at that point where I feel naruto went from being about, well, ninja stuff and outsmarting/deceiving your opponents, to being about who had the strongest jutsu or the biggest power level.

I mean, if you compare the power of Rock Lee and Gaara in that battle, the jump compared to anything we had seen previously, even with Kakashi vs. Zabuza, was pretty jarring. It seemed to be on a whole different level compared to previous fights, like going from Roshi vs Goku directly to Frieza vs. Everyone

upandaway

Man, you guys post a lot. Is this anime-land pace? Because seriously.

There is not only a Visual Novel thread on gaming side, but also a Gay Furry Visual Novel thread, courtesy of Boss Doggie né Ookami-kun.
Yeah but it's sort of not really inviting to post about older stuff there (the first one, dunno about the second's status of being) compared to here about older manga for example. I wish I could let out some steam somewhere, /jp/ is way too crazy with spoilers for me

Heh, I actually like the latest Soul Catchers color page

But I think it's because it reminds me of Yusuke Nakamura's style (well, less cool-looking but you get the idea)
http://i.imgur.com/DOMYpDp.png[/IG][/QUOTE]

I really dont want it to be the only color page the series gets. Strong first chapter ought to have really lured people in.

I got into naruto because of Toonami. A month or two ago, Around episode 10 or so (Or whenever it is that Haku "kills" Sasuke), I decided to go ahead, and catch up with naruto (First in english... then in japanese... then the manga).

I found the change in tone of Naruto pretty jarring at the point of the preliminaries battles for the final round of the Chunin Exam. Particuarly, Gaara vs Rock Lee. It was at that point where I feel naruto went from being about, well, ninja stuff and outsmarting/deceiving your opponents, to being about who had the strongest jutsu or the biggest power level.

I mean, if you compare the power of Rock Lee and Gaara in that battle, the jump compared to anything we had seen previously, even with Kakashi vs. Zabuza, was pretty jarring. It seemed to be on a whole different level compared to previous fights, like going from Roshi vs Goku directly to Frieza vs. Everyone

Naruto was NEVER about "Ninjas". That should've been clear the moment Kakashi and Zabuza used "Water Dragon Jutsu".

Now, if Naruto was more of a combination of Ninja Gaiden/Tenchu, it would've been FAR more interesting.

Naruto was NEVER about "Ninjas". That should've been clear the moment Kakashi and Zabuza used "Water Dragon Jutsu". .

Ninjas dont use ninjutsu? Im not understanding the reference here, especially since both used Hidden Mist Jutsu to conceal their presence, a technique common for Ninja's sneaking into and practicing assassinations for his Silent Killing technique.

Kurita

Ninjas dont use ninjutsu? Im not understanding the reference here, especially since both used Hidden Mist Jutsu to conceal their presence, a technique common for Ninja's sneaking into and practicing assassinations for his Silent Killing technique.

Ninjutsu is supposed to be (mostly) a martial art, or attacks with certain weapons though.

DarkMehm

Naruto is like every other shonen. The theme is just superficial, it's really just about fighting and getting stronger like in Dragon Ball.

It's the same in One Piece. It's not really about pirates. It's about strong dudes who fight each other.

Fairy Tail isn't really about magicians either.

Naruto is like every other shonen. The theme is just superficial, it's really just about fighting and getting stronger like in Dragon Ball.

It's the same in One Piece. It's not really about pirates. It's about strong dudes who fight each other.

Fairy Tail isn't really about magicians either.

Im quite sure Naruto is about peace, kizuna, and friendship. Ive never seen them in One Piece or Naruto just fight for the sake of fighting like in Dragon Ball.

Even still though, Naruto was such an insufferable twat in Part 1. His Part 2 personality may be bad, but goood god, was he fucking annoying.

"IMMA GONNA BE HOKAGE DERP! Dattebayo!"

Shut yo ass up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom