• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTZ| Reading Shounen Garbage < Watching Moe Garbage

Status
Not open for further replies.

upandaway

Shokugeki no Soma

Aside from, uh, Tadokoro, I think Alice is the first one in the series to have a gimmick cooking style that doesn't rely on specific cuisine/ingredients. And Tadokoro doesn't count, so she's really the only one.

No Tadokoro doesn't count.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Nah, Alice is a molecular gastronomist. It's kind of a cuisine. :p

I dunno if the other people are really all that specific either though, other than the Italian dude being specifically Italian.

Soma is pretty Japanese focused I guess, but what he cooked today wasn't really Japanese so it might be a sign of him branching out.

For the new page

Soma

:DTL:

I'm not sure if its funny or sad that Erina's suppression of her deredere is legitimately a plot point.

I'll go more with funny since it allows Soma to constantly push her buttons with his antics.

Also reading the previous chapter again and Alice nailed the amount she thought he would of had before he started doing that counterattack.

mercviper

Fairy Tail
Did... did Erza need to strip to verify that she turned into a child? Wouldn't she just have known? Or considering her normal proportions, looked down? Me thinks losing 20 pounds off your chest is fairly noticeable.

Actually, wait, isn't her armor her magic? Couldn't she just have dissipated her clothing or changed into something else magically?

#thinking_about_fairy_tail's_logic_far_too_much

Pretty sure it's just that she got smaller and her clothes stopped fitting so it fell down around her.

Shokugeki no Soma 32
So glad he didn't say "nothing to it" and barely passed. As I said in a previous post when Alice was introduced, I think she's Erina's half sister but born illegitimately or it could be like a Naruto thing with the Hyuga's main/branch family relationship. I really want the recipe for omelette souffles (along with all the other dishes, although I suppose if one was talented enough they could guess how to prepare the dish).

Yamada 68
I honestly enjoyed refreshing, cleaning Yamada.

Soul Eater 112

Kind of wish stuff was more than pages of black with some moments of white on them, kind of lazy, though it is fear and kishin so I guess it had to be done. Still somehow much better than I expected for the final moments of the fight.

I still wish the writer had resurrected Medusa, that was the best antagonist.

bigkrev

Shokugeki no Soma

Was really happy to see that, even though he overcame the odds and finished the challenge, it took a toll on him and he wasn't joking about it afterwards.

Phi Brain: Puzzle of God 6
BPjnLQCCUAAjmJr.png

No deviation from the awesome anime, oh well, love the franchise so much that the manga is still immensely wonderful. Kaito panels = best panels, Rook Banjo Crossfield too. Kaito in this tower Fools Puzzle is still one of my favorite moments of the series, just rewatched it for the third time two weeks or so ago.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Shokugeki no Soma

Was really happy to see that, even though he overcame the odds and finished the challenge, it took a toll on him and he wasn't joking about it afterwards.

Well, he kinda was. :p To erina anyway.

One punch man 26

The pacing is killlliiiiiiing me.

With that out of the way, I love the impact of the sea king's punch to genos to the wall. Also, well done, licenceless rider. *salute* You did your best.

Shokugeki no soma 32

That was pretty bad ass not gonna lie, liked the reveal at the end should be interesting to see another conversation between her and Erina.

Onepunch-Man 26
Licenseless Rider is the epitome of "If the heroes run away, who will stay and fight". This chapter fills me with well's it about time Saitama and goddammit cliffhanger. This pacing man.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Shokugeki no soma 32

That was pretty bad ass not gonna lie, liked the reveal at the end should be interesting to see another conversation between her and Erina.

How long until Soma bags Erina, or at least gets her to drop the tsuntsun? I'm guessing 100 chapters. Erina barely even has character development and Soma literally has met like one of the "Elite 10" so far (and I'm assuming she's 1, 2 or 3. Obligatory Kubo: "Who said its 1-10")

Shokugeki no Soma 32
tumblr_mq75scEoZ91qbxqfpo1_250.png

Well since someone already posted the best panel (why does Soma get the best ones always), might as well do the second best one.

I liked how Soma won over the kids first, smart move.

upandaway

Soma

How long until Soma bags Erina, or at least gets her to drop the tsuntsun? I'm guessing 100 chapters. Erina barely even has character development and Soma literally has met like one of the "Elite 10" so far (and I'm assuming she's 1, 2 or 3. Obligatory Kubo: "Who said its 1-10")
Didn't they say that Erina is 10th place?

The only freshman to be in the top 10 or something like that

upandaway

Yeah I don't think they showed anyone else. I bet that for most of them it's gonna be like "oh hey there's a new dude" and then at the end of the chapter "he was one of the top dudes all alonggggggggggggg how crazy is that"

And I'll love it every time

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I loved the HnK-esque yolk separation panel.

ATATATATATATATATATATA

KNIM

I know you're trying to help me but I can't do this. No turning back.

350662-big_boss_salute.jpg

Soma

shokugeki no soma -

c'mon tosh, 3way doujin

you know he can't do that with is own creation (as much as I would agree).

Erina is rank 10 and the naked senpai guy is 7, right? Can't remember anyone else.

That's because they haven't been shown off yet (except for that silhouette that might or might not be them).

Shokugeki no Soma

Other from trolling Erina lol

Seriously though as said before he got props for not saying his "nothing to it" boast after barely passing.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Erina is rank 10 and the naked senpai guy is 7, right? Can't remember anyone else.

If Erina is rank 10 ( I don't remember them saying it, but I looked it up and its true ), my guess is that she will just advance since I find it highly unlikely that Soma is either going to beat someone and go past her or that he's going to simply beat her and knock her out.

I don't think Soma is going to "fight" Erina until way later since they're building her up as his rival (who he occasionally gives food-related orgasms to). Its too bad her entire character is ridiculously predictable (she's tsun because she has a high expectations asian family) and worse in every way than Tadokoro.

Azure J

Shokugeki no Soma 32

Performance art cooking panels were pretty damn intense. He got lucky as hell that someone came to his stand though. Without that first girl, no one would have given him a chance.

Erina and Erina 2 still going to get smacked in the finals versus our boy though.

Soul Eater 112

Animate this shit. Please. Also, I swear to God, if Spirit dies/gets instrumentalitied/etc... ;_;

Good to see that they're still playing up the Kishin as a Edritch tier evil though. He gives no fucks about losing a corporeal form and just says peace out for now. Wonderful. :lol

Soul's deathscythe form is really fucking hax by the way.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I bet Chris Hansen would have something to say about Soma luring innocent young girls to his unmarked white cooking station with orgasm inducing food.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Yes but they are a good 20+ chapters behind.

The last chapter published in US Jump was Giant Meteor Part 3 (21.3). Counting the chapters up to the latest, there's only 8.
Next chapter is planned for August 1st. Meaning US Jump will catch up to two more chapters, leading into the one where Saitama is seen as a villain and he yells at everyone that he does what he does because he wants to.

Angry Grimace

I bet Chris Hansen would have something to say about Soma luring innocent young girls to his unmarked white cooking station with orgasm inducing food.

There hasn't been an outright food orgasm since the first Shokugeki against skanky bikini girl

on the bright side it wasn't one his failure dishes...

I like how they described why he makes those failuredishes in the one shot but they just make it seem like he randomly fucks up in the regular series

Angry Grimace

Shokugeki no Soma 32
tumblr_mq75scEoZ91qbxqfpo1_250.png

Well since someone already posted the best panel (why does Soma get the best ones always), might as do the second best one.

I liked how Soma won over the kids first, smart move.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised at DTL biting the intentional DTL-bait by the author

Nobody has posted smutty foodsmut images in a long time. Is the smut gone?

Basically they eliminated it because it got mainstream popular so the pandering to the niche crowd that wants to see glistening food covered tits became unnecessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom