• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTZ| Reading Shounen Garbage < Watching Moe Garbage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soma

KNIM 100

Man. What a rim shot of a 100th chapter. Shit is too real.

Are there any series similar to this that aren't so depressing?

Do yourself a favor and read Horimiya.

A nice feel-good shounen romcom without all the misunderstanding bullshit.

Acid08

Banned
Is it depressing "this story is depressing" or depressing "this story sucks so bad it's depressing"?
A bit of both. What's happening is depressing and the story itself really isn't good enough to make it worthwhile going through all the sad stuff. Although the latest development was actually pretty sad it was kind of lessened by what happened immediately afterwards.

Fairy Tail 344

I was expecting 3 chapters again lol. Anyways I wish Natsu would stop messing around and just use Dragon Lightning Flame to end the fight. Also lol at loli Erza fanservice. Isn't Wendy enough Mashima?

HSDKenichi

Whoa wtf! Elder in danger? This is impossible! Would be amazing if the Elder is seriously injured though and Kenichi and the gang have to come save the Elder for a change.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Fairy Tail 344

I was expecting 3 chapters again lol. Anyways I wish Natsu would stop messing around and just use Dragon Lightning Flame to end the fight. Also lol at loli Erza fanservice. Isn't Wendy enough Mashima?

HSDKenichi

Whoa wtf! Elder in danger? This is impossible! Would be amazing if the Elder is seriously injured though and Kenichi and the gang have to come save the Elder for a change.

Its Mashima, no.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Kenichi

Aaaaaaaw shit we finally get someone who is able to fight on par with the Elder!

This arc is going to be a lot of fun.

Aizo

Banned
Majo (Witches) (Vol. 2; End)
I'm still confused. It's gorgeous, but... I'm confused about a lot of things that happened. All I know is that an old lady stores cats in her stomach. That's unhealthy.

Antiwhippy

Teppuu 19

TAlLLgd.png

God I love all the psychotic, aggressive eyes this manga has.

Sanae's clinical brutality was beautiful. <3

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
The World God Only Knows
What is this arc even doing anymore? Villain girl is too villainous to be redeemed or be believable for a elementary girl. Meanwhile we're just slowly stretching out the Tenri loves Keimi retcon. At least it wasn't a present day hijinks chapter again.

Beelzebub
Com'n, just get to Himekawa's face heel turn already! We all know its going to happen. Spending weeks on watching Oda beat up the bad guy uselessly is just boring.

Yamada
I don't like the memory loss plotline. We all know its going to get reverted (big props though if it doesn't and Yamada just has to remake all his friendships).

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Fairy Tail
Did... did Erza need to strip to verify that she turned into a child? Wouldn't she just have known? Or considering her normal proportions, looked down? Me thinks losing 20 pounds off your chest is fairly noticeable.

Actually, wait, isn't her armor her magic? Couldn't she just have dissipated her clothing or changed into something else magically?

#thinking_about_fairy_tail's_logic_far_too_much

Kuroko no Basket 219-222

Finally time to witness the GoM's teamwork falling apart spectacularly.

Surprised to see that Murasakibara was the trigger to push Akashi into having his sharingan eyes. While it can't be forgotten about Akashi's pressure to always win, I'll still thank Mura for his current psycho appearance.

Kise is losing interest fast and while Midorima still seems normal at least, the cracks are already starting to show.

And Aomine's conversation with Kuroko was honestly pretty sad.

wonzo

Banned
The Breaker: New Waves 1-38

Yeah, this started off pretty slow but when Shioon gets into that mindset, just goddamn. I honestly hope they don't find a way to fix Shioon's Broken Ki center just so he'll be forced to dominate his foes through sheer strength and willpower alone, the later which he has an almost infinite amount of. Jinie's grandfather is a real piece of shit (even by this series standards) so I hope he gets what's coming to him (along with the bald wannabe rapist thug and a larg chunk of the rest of the cast really.)

also please dont tell me they're gonna pull some sort of revive shiho bullshit :/

Kingdom is really good. Ouki is an amazing character.
Yeah, he's pretty fuckin badass.

Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei v1 4-5 (ln)

After the long chapter 3, 4 and 5 felt so short. But I think I really want to see this animated someday, Tetsuya continues to impress time and time again and the Kendo/his dodging would be amazing to see. Moral committee happenings are intriguing and the cast grows even better with the addition of Morisaki Shun.

Will start v2 to see what happens, need explanation for the dodging and more tech stuff with the dual CADs.

dramatis

Yamada and the Seven Witches 68

Yamada + any guy = a weirdly entertaining team.

However, did Tamaki not kiss Saionji? How does her power work if it doesn't need a kiss?

upandaway

Soredemo 50-51

The water of love
Forever unrequited
Tastes like strawberries.

Takeru plays Phoenix Wright... is this normal for kids in Japan or is he crazy. I really liked the countryside chapter (it's the one with the watermelon). Also it makes sense that Moriaki is a baseball fan.

Kon is in the center of the colorspread so all is well.

Shokugeki no Soma is out

Hahahaha, well, sure! I'll take it. I just wish they elaborated some more on the actual dish, but sure!

The reveal at the end is so... so...... shonen. That's all I can really say about it :lol, I don't mind. It's just silly.

aravuus

Monster Vol 5

Aahhh I absolutely love how big assholes many people are in Monster, makes the good people seem like saints. Help, I can't stop reading!

Antiwhippy

Soredemo 50-51

The water of love
Forever unrequited
Tastes like strawberries.

Takeru plays Phoenix Wright... is this normal for kids in Japan or is he crazy. I really liked the countryside chapter (it's the one with the watermelon). Also it makes sense that Moriaki is a baseball fan.

Kon is in the center of the colorspread so all is well.

Shokugeki no Soma is out

Hahahaha, well, sure! I'll take it. I just wish they elaborated some more on the actual dish, but sure!

The reveal at the end is so... so...... shonen. That's all I can really say about it :lol, I don't mind. It's just silly.

I dunno, I kind of guessed the reveal. Not that shounen. :p

Rest of the chapter is pretty fucking shounen though. :p

Shokugeki no Soma

So he did 200 in the limited time to pass and show off that swag. Also bonus points for him not saying his "nothing to it" line there since it was at the skin of his teeth

and LOL at the ending.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Yamada and the Seven Witches 68

Yamada + any guy = a weirdly entertaining team.

However, did Tamaki not kiss Saionji? How does her power work if it doesn't need a kiss?

...a more pressing question is why don't they fucking ask Saionji why she's a huge dick who erases everyone's mind?

Angry Grimace

Soma

Apparently Alice was participating in a wet t-shirt contest before she started cooking. Or she's a female in Soma.

So I guess she's a sister? Or a member of a branch family who's cooking powers have been sealed to prevent other rival culinary schools from stealing their knowledge?

...a more pressing question is why don't they fucking ask Saionji why she's a huge dick who erases everyone's mind?

Why are you expecting logic here?

I didn't mean it in the surprise sense, just what it actually was and even presenting it as a reveal at all. That's the Jump stuff right there.

Now I wonder what is the true relationship here

Blood Sisters (same parents/different parent)
Adopted
Some relative (cousin, etc)
Branch family

Now Soma has 2 of them to impress with his hot blooded nature :p

Soma
So I guess she's a sister? Or a member of a branch family who's cooking powers have been sealed to prevent other rival culinary schools from stealing their knowledge?

Could be given Erina talked down to her like she's a commoner

Angry Grimace

Why are you expecting logic here?

Now I wonder what is the true relationship here

Blood Sisters (same parents/different parent)
Adopted
Some relative (cousin, etc)

Now Soma has 2 of them to impress with his hot blooded nature :p

Doesn't seem like Alice is a 10th level tsundere master like Erina. She's just garden variety arrogant, which describes everyone at the school other than the people who live in Soma's dorm.

Soma

Doesn't seem like Alice is a 10th level tsundere master like Erina. She's just garden variety arrogant, which describes everyone at the school other than the people who live in Soma's dorm.

And his self-proclaimed rivals (had to beat one before they changed though).

Also yea she's a lot more direct/honest and another arrogant one that Soma will impress :p

Anyways another strong rival has appeared so this should be fun.

Antiwhippy

I do like that the Italian rival dude is showed in the same role as tadokoro.

Shows you what kind of character he's supposed to be. :p

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Shokugeki no Soma

Gordon Ramsey would not approve. Still, that was nuts.
Another Nakiri huh? This will be interesting.

One-Punch Man (Raw)

We're finally nearing the end of this arc. Murata's art continues to amaze.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom