• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTZ| Reading Shounen Garbage < Watching Moe Garbage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aizo

Banned
Billy Bat - 97
e86f70f2_o.png
Can I just leave this here without giving any context to stir up some interest? Billy Bat is great.

exarkun

Toriko

Goddamn at Knocking Master...GODDAMN at the surprise. Still wondering how long its going to take Toriko to recover. Cause he will, but I hope this time (moreso than last time) losing a limb is a larger impediment.

Toriko
Saw it coming a couple chapters ago but still glad to see it anyway and shocker, it's a cliffhanger. But that Jirou, he can stop the freaking planet, what time space witchcraftery is this.

Cooking Boy 25
Fun chapter seeing all the Fei and Mao's cooked dishes, aside from that not much happened.

Aizo

Banned
Billy Bat (Ch. 98-100)
This manga has more famous people in it than any other story of any medium I've ever seen.
Hahahahaha. Hitler just can't get over not being accepted to that art school.

Interest in Billy Bat? Why would you do that, you evil person?
Seems like I'm the only one who reads it. Haha.

Erigu

Billy Bat (Ch. 98-100)
Seems like I'm the only one who reads it. Haha.
No, I do. Just to mock it.

Hitler wants some magical timeline-altering artifact... so he'd be accepted to the art academy back when he was young. Really. And that's supposed to be moving. Really.
Your sob stories have long crossed the event horizon of ludicrousness, Urasawa/Nagasaki.

Acid08

Banned
Suzuka 36-42

Okay honestly though, this shit is ridiculous. Yamato is dating this awesome girl who he's obviously going to betray for Suzuka. The worst part though? Suzuka sucks. She's jealous, emotionally distant, and fucking mean. At least Yuzuki from KNIM is a good person so that brutal betrayal that Haruto pulled was for someone worthwhile. This broad is the worst.

Suzuka 36-42

Okay honestly though, this shit is ridiculous. Yamato is dating this awesome girl who he's obviously going to betray for Suzuka. The worst part though? Suzuka sucks. She's jealous, emotionally distant, and fucking mean. At least Yuzuki from KNIM is a good person so that brutal betrayal that Haruto pulled was for someone worthwhile. This broad is the worst.

... oh man. Why do you do this to yourself.

Kusagari

Toriko

Jirou just stopped the rotation of the planet with Knocking. The rotation of the planet.

And he's probably not even going all out. And Midora and Ichiryuu are probably stronger.

Holy shit folks.

Aizo

Banned
No, I do. Just to mock it.

Hitler wants some magical timeline-altering artifact... so he'd be accepted to the art academy back when he was young. Really. And that's supposed to be moving. Really.
Your sob stories have long crossed the event horizon of ludicrousness, Urasawa/Nagasaki.

It's heartwarming.

smurfx

get some go again
hey guys i want to catch up with toriko but i forgot what chapter i stopped reading it at. it was komatsu in that race with that guy with a big nose.

Aizo

Banned
Suzuka 36-42

You're binging. Do we need to have a Seo K&#333;ji intervention?

tri_willy

dat jirou... should be knocking god jirou even made everyone immobile
except for frozhe-sama i believe

midora is the bishokukai boss (gourmet corps boss)
ichiryuu is the president of the IGO

all three were acacia's disciples

Theonik

Please, hold me!
Nothing says pure love like a good yandere. Recommended, especially if you like that sort of thing~
Art wasn't that exciting but it wasn't bad, pretty standard and the scenes were relatively well done.

Akito

Suzuka 36-42

Eh, the betrayal in Rage Town was worthwhile? It was the worst thing that could have happened, no one with a clear mind would have chosen Eba after the stunt she had pulled AND when he's in a perfect relationship. Suzuka has reasons for some of her behavior, she's ultimately a much more mature character than Eba will ever be.
Argh, why am I still raging about Rage Town

Naruto

This final battle isn't even fun to read. None of these fodder characters are impressive. Nothing Obito has done is impressive. if itachi were alive he;d OHKO Obito and Madara.

Naruto 640

Final page panel would have been nice to use in color for the opening page of the next chapter or something.

Awesome chapter for Obito, new form is pretty cool and the staff even (chakra staff?). I dont think anyone else had one in canon.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Toriko

This is DBZ levels of insane. No, it might be above it. Jirou is nuts. I can't wait to see Midora and Ichiryuu go all out. Or hell, a flashback with Acacia.

You know, more and more I'm starting to realize just how boring the titular protagonist is. Even his sidekick is more interesting.

Kusagari

I'm finally getting around to reading Steel Ball Run, so I wrote up some quick thoughts, which ended up being pretty long, on Stone Ocean.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Stone Ocean 1-End

I had a feeling, from what I’d read about Stone Ocean, that I would love this part despite the seemingly mixed reception toward it and I did. Holy shit I did.

Jolyne is my favorite JoJo in the series, even over Joseph. Her growth from beginning to end, absolutely insane creativity in using Stone Free (I think the Mobius Strip scene might be the most HOLY CRAP moment in all of JoJo), and amusing personality made this part a joy to read. Stone Ocean easily has my favorite supporting cast in the series as well. Everyone in Jolyne’s group was just great, especially Weather Report and Foo Fighters. Hell, this part even succeeded in giving Jotaro some personality.

Likewise, I really liked Pucci. He was what I had wanted in a JoJo villain since Part 2. He constantly interacts with the cast and is a thorn in their sides. The fact that he could have gotten his ass kicked by the heroes most of the series and only persevered through sheer tactics and force of will made him a great villain. The only problem with him is that his personality really amounts to nothing more than being a gigantic Dio fanboy.

The only weak aspect of this part is the Stand fights which just get too bizarre. Heavy Weather, in particular, might just be the most batshit power in all of fiction. Even Araki can't explain what the fuck he was thinking with that.

As for the ending, I enjoyed it for what it was. It was an appropriately bittersweet ending for what it meant to the series. My only real problem story-wise was
the sons of Dio coming out of nowhere and Dio’s plan for Pucci making no fucking sense.

Plus, it was pretty cool seeing a manga set in my home state!

Part Ranking:
1. Stone Ocean
2. Diamond Is Unbreakable
3. Battle Tendency
4. Stardust Crusaders
5. Vento Aureo
6. Phantom Blood

I was at first thinking I might put Diamond Is Unbreakable over Stone Ocean because of Stone Ocean’s fights being lackluster but I couldn’t do it. I love everything else about Stone Ocean too much.

Acid08

Banned
Eh, the betrayal in Rage Town was worthwhile? It was the worst thing that could have happened, no one with a clear mind would have chosen Eba after the stunt she had pulled AND when he's in a perfect relationship. Suzuka has reasons for some of her behavior, she's ultimately a much more mature character than Eba will ever be.
Argh, why am I still raging about Rage Town
I said that because they obviously had unresolved feelings for each other so Haruto's betrayal had more motivation behind it. They had these amazing memories with each other and a lot of stuff they still had to work through together. It was a terrible thing to do but in retrospect it's kinda understandable why Haruto would do. Also I feel like a battered wife trying to make excuses for the abusive husband right now -_-

Suzuka may be more mature but she's also just really cold to him most of the time and cannot communicate at all. But I'm not super far into the story anyway so opinions can definitely change.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom