• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTZ| Reading Shounen Garbage < Watching Moe Garbage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Oyasumi pun pun 122-124

Argh, watching sachi trying to find punpun is kinda breaking my heart. :(

Wait, what?

Was sachi pregnant before? I honestly can't remember.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Oyasumi punpun

Well.

Man.

Everything got worse.,

I also have no idea what's pegasus's relevance to the story is now.

Screaming Lessons Vol 9 Extra
mVxGluV.png
dat shoujo

Old-school story very reminiscent of the stuff I read as a kid. I question how the camp couple could've successfully hacked up everyone including the coach, but I guess I can attribute it to urban legend stat boosts. Always love it when supposed friends screw each other over in this manga, partially because it makes such a contrast with the power of friendship saccharin that's rife in other series. Twist was unsurprising given that you can often form a judgment within the first few pages whether the MC is going to live happily ever after or not.

KwxAYCR.png

I can see myself getting a lot of mileage out of this image in the next volume(s).

While I'm at it, the vol 15 cover's up on Amazon.

FtmmeR7.png

Akito

TWGOK
It's probably all according to keikaku anyway, this arc needs to be done ASAP

Screaming Lesson
This is one unfair urban legend, even the slightest misdemeanor results in being served in a stew.

Sankarea
Oh god, I hope this will not get dragged out much longer, pretty much everything is set for it to end. They only have to find an excuse for Rea to have a somewhat normal lifespan but can still be a zombie, happy ending here we come :<

flawfuls

Choku! 1

A RomCom by the same author of WataMote and it has by far and away one of the strongest opening chapters I've ever seen.

Didn't realize Choku was by the same author as WataMote. Choku's actually a lot funnier imo, but I guess WataMote's more unique.

yamada - 53~present

I feel like, somewhere in the last twenty or so chapters we passed the point of no return where an ending would have been welcome, but instead, it's just going to go for 300 more chapters.

Would have been strange to end it before the drama I think, and such little development for a few of the newer characters.

wonzo

Banned
Choku! 2-3

First, I just couldn't get over Serika's motorcycle with the fuzzy-animal sidecar, and then she had to whip out her massive brick of a mobile phone and buy Nao "matching" "phone straps".

this manga
dead.png

Didn't realize Choku was by the same author as WataMote. Choku's actually a lot funnier imo, but I guess WataMote's more unique.
Yeah, I pretty much came upon this series by sheer chance and I was pretty surprised to find that it was done by the same author. So far, so good though!

dramatis

Yamada and the 0 Witches 4-14

So like when does the actual plot kick off this is going nowhere fast?
I think past Archer Girl is when the manga became safe from cancellation, so actual plot happens after that.

At least, by chapter 50 they've found most of the witches.

Gamerloid

Will read Medaka volume 2 today, volume 1 of Toriko, and a volume of that manga similar to it but without the fighting. Forgot the name!

Going to London in a couple of hours for a week. Guess I won't be posting a lot during this period so don't panic ManGAF!

Enjoy your trip!

dramatis

Hime Doll 1 (raw)

Conclusion: Art is ok to below ok. Setting is ok. Everything else, generic romcom.
Kyoutarou Kiriyama, freshman high school student, helps out at his grandpa's old-style barber shop. He was admitted to and attends a super duper special high school, Shiritsu Yumemino (Private "Have a dream" High School...), a school where you pursue 'unique' studies. Fashion, culinary arts, acting, interior design, even manga/anime studies. He aims to study 'beauty' (become a beautician) there. Of course, studies at the school include the 'Idol' major.

Alto Samejima, the infamous head of a gang, happens to sit in the seat to Kiriyama's right. At lunch his fellow classmate Renji informs him that in the empty seat to Kiriyama's left, a super duper cute idol-in-making, Asuka Tachibana, will attend the school.

Regarding new characters:
Asuka, supposedly very cute and slated to become a big idol, fills in the 'childhood friend' slot. Renji, the generic wingman, rounds out the new additions to the cast compared to the oneshot. Feels like Nisekoi already. The plotline is slightly altered so that obviously the story can't end with the pilot. Kiriyama has a bit of confusion over who 'Asuka Tachibana' is, and also encounters Alto in her 'pretty form' before he learns that 'pretty girl' and 'gangster' are the same.

Overall, I think the setting intrigues me more than the main story. Of course it would be about cute girls and idols and 'beautifying' instead of hot passion for a chosen career. Since Nisekoi has hit a wall, I think this might actually be able to steal votes because of artificial 'freshness'.

Assassination Classroom 52
tumblr_mqyv8lhB1M1qbxqfpo1_500.png

I think at times the art or rather the visuals chosen to illustrate some points either directly or indirectly (last chapters manager scene at the story, then this panel above, and then the centipede or millipede behind Asano (didnt even catch the meaning of that)) often makes the chapters a bit more memorable at first. Perhaps it is the strongest aspect of the manga. The plot for this is alright but I liked the visuals much more.

Problem Behemoth is a good choice to add some type of action feel to the exam (that teacher drooling over it all creepy like even...), even if its something tried before already though in a different form (the previous test) to make things more interesting than seeing them scribbling on paper like other series.

Ah and one really minor thing, I wonder if its the only time we'll actually see Board Chairman in a panicked and feared condition (Asano's plan visual).

upandaway

Call it a hunch, or some kind of inkling from the beyond, but I can sorta guess what all females aside from the main one will look like in that manga.
...haircuts included.

Umi no Juunin to wa Koi wa Shinai 1
tumblr_mqywpeoDdh1qbxqfpo1_400.png

Thats like necessary for eating watermelon, people ought to. Good start to the story, though the other fisherman were a bit annoying in how they were saying things that were kind of bad. Looking forward to how Yuria makes the reveal to Ken eventually and if Ken will accept or be saddened, oh well it is just a weeks length.

Hime Doll 1 (raw)

Conclusion: Art is ok to below ok. Setting is ok. Everything else, generic romcom.

Overall, I think the setting intrigues me more than the main story. Of course it would be about cute girls and idols and 'beautifying' instead of hot passion for a chosen career. Since Nisekoi has hit a wall, I think this might actually be able to steal votes because of artificial 'freshness'.

Hm, the setting of being a super duper special high school does sound interesting. I guess it could be decent as long as they make us of the whole super duper special setting.

It does look pretty average art-wise.

Karada Meate de Warui ka 5.5 (end)
tumblr_mqyze9QiLB1qbxqfpo1_500.png

When it takes over a year just to do 5 chapters...sometimes following these manga give painful waits indeed. Both stories were quite good and memorable and I cant really put my finger on which one is superior. They both gave the moments and I like and the second one with the age difference at least, did make the older one act a bit younger and a bit less mature so it made it easier to embrace. They both had good comedy (first with the weird basis for why to like him and then with the odd bully that seemed to have a confused way at showing his emotions), and then the second with the bath scene and the ramen incident and then the hilarious moments in the extra (father, sister/baby). Enjoyable and I hope the artist does more.

Gamerloid

Medaka Box Chapters 8-16

Medaka does not have the body of a 15 year old girl. The series is hilarious with the suggestion missions and the swimming pool challenges. I can see its trying to be more serious with these Enforcers appearing.

Mogana Kikaijima demanding money for sexual harassment was great lol

Now for some One Punch Man

Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei v7 and v8 (ln)
tumblr_mqzayeOAn51qbxqfpo1_400.png

Tatsuya background was quite intriguing being super powerful from the start as a kid and already wholly caring for Miyuki and eventually to the present in the Yokohama incident even his friends (though wonder what would happen if he had to choose Miyuki and those around him. However his reflections on the past make it seem nearly as if Sakurai's loss would be the only time he'd let some one close be sacrificed). Decomposition of Eidos and reconstruction of Information Bodies along with his Material Burst easily make him one of my favorite leads in a long time. Sure he may be prohibited from using traditional magics, but I think having that those right hand and left hand make him pretty special and unique.

Yokohama chapters were such a good change of pace from things focusing nearly on everyone else instead of Tatsuya but giving them all abilities and good chances to shine. Leo, Mikihiko, Crimson Prince still high marks in my books, as well as Juumoji and Phalanx, and Katsuto too.

I hope USNA gets involved.
-
Guess Ill go back to Beelzebub or Eyeshield 21 now and then hope to return to Mahouka and start Sword Art Online/Accel World.

Moar Shoukoku no Altair chapters. So good.

Shoukoku no Altair 35-36

That was smart of Mamut looking ahead in the future. So badass.

Also dat level up.

Shoukoku no Altair 37-38

New arc start! Dem economics.

Also can you guess who are women in the image below?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom