• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTZ| Reading Shounen Garbage < Watching Moe Garbage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yamada and the Seven Witches 72
tumblr_mqwtasI27m1qbxqfpo1_500.png

The interview gave me a new impression of the writer, I wish series would do that more often and we even got a picture, while others remain nebulous entities (shes so excited and happy for this fun series even, more power unto her and hope it goes well in her future endeavors).

If only Miyamura would have said yes then the whole mess could be avoided.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Yamada 72

Why doesn't he just tell them all about the powers again

Shinshi to Norainu 1
tumblr_mqwwzyPs6R1qbxqfpo1_250.png

Good opening color page and opening shower scene and what not. However was surprised by how the rest of the chapter played out and the seriousness of events. Masaomi really has a lot to think about regarding his marriage and what not or being true to himself. Hopefully he makes the right decision so as to cause less pain for him and her, and to get back with Banri, I hope. Though strange that he would pursue him so much from just the one night, but I guess the story he told was a bit captivating and he wants to help him out in this situation. Looking forward to it.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Fairy Tail 346

Get ready for more boobs.

Incoming Fairy Tail seriousposting:

This is why Fairy Tail is such garbage. Mashima is such an uninspired writer that almost literally every arc has the same exact thing - a villain from a previous arc randomly shows up with out any reason for them to be there other than to serve as a deus ex and bail the main 5 out of trouble. Its ridiculous. Can't he even write a plausible reason for these people to be there in the first place?

Gamerloid

Seems like I missed something fun

And I was thinking the same :<

This is why Fairy Tail is such garbage. Mashima is such an uninspired writer that almost literally every arc has the same exact thing - a villain from a previous arc randomly shows up with out any reason for them to be there other than to serve as a deus ex and bail the main 5 out of trouble. Its ridiculous. Can't he even write a plausible reason for these people to be there in the first place?

I had to stop reading that show. I just couldn't take the writing anymore. It was fun while it lasted for me, but even then it had a huge problem with the eye candy. That show seriously had too much of it.

At 346 chapters in, it seems odd to only now complain about it or even keep reading if it has been such a repetitious cycle. I thought the pattern keeps everything feeling fresh with getting multiple uses from key antagonists.

Angry Grimace

At 346 chapters in, it seems odd to only now complain about it or even keep reading if it has been such a repetitious cycle. I thought the pattern keeps everything feeling fresh with getting multiple uses from key antagonists.

It still has tits and ass.

Saying Flare shows up for no rhyme or reason is a little silly considering how she basically been stalking Lucy after their battle together.

Gamerloid

I quit Fairy Tail after the tournament arc finished and it feels great, you guys should give it a try.

First off, how did you get your GAF title to look like that? Pretty cool.

As for quitting after the tournament arc. I heard something about One Piece now having a tournament. Oda will show them how it's done! I need to start my marathon and catch up to current One Piece chapters.

As for quitting after the tournament arc. I heard something about One Piece now having a tournament. Oda will show them how it's done! I need to start my marathon and catch up to current One Piece chapters.

Neoriceisgood made a bunch of pixel avatars for a bunch of people here hence why the amazing tag.

Honestly I found Fairy Tail's tournament more interesting and easier to follow than One Piece's.

mhs004

I am a huuuuge One Piece fan myself I find it to be the best shonen there is. The tournament arc has just been meh so far. Just been a bunch of scrubs that wont get any more panel time fighting each other with Luffy doing cool stuff now and then. Looks like it is heating up now though. I'm exited for next week.

Its pretty messy, as is always the case whenever Oda throws dozens of named characters at us in quick succession. At least the prize makes it worthwhile.

Kurita

One Piece's tournament is great.
People are here to wreck shit, so it's pretty awesome to see how chaotic the whole thing is.

Gamerloid

Guess I'm not missing too much with the Tournament Arc then lol. Hopefully it'll end up like Skypiea. To me that arc started off pretty slow, but after some time it got so good it's my favorite arc in the series.

Neoriceisgood made a bunch of pixel avatars for a bunch of people here hence why the amazing tag.
The pixel avatars are like the one Neoriceisgood is using right now right? I've seen a lot of them indeed.

mhs004

Guess I'm not missing too much with the Tournament Arc then lol. Hopefully it'll end up like Skypiea. To me that arc started off pretty slow, but after some time it got so good it's my favorite arc in the series.

This is the first time in my life I've heard that much praise for Skypiea. It was so boring to me it made to the a break from OP for months.

There is still a long ways to go in the arc and it's building up. It looks like it is going to be amazing either starting next week or really soon. Oda has said it will be as good as his best arcs. The pieces are in place I'm wondering what he will do with those pieces.

Not really.

Not really what.

Not really that there wouldn't be some reason that she would suddenly appear in front of Lucy again?

Not really that she hasn't been stalking Lucy?

Not really that she hasn't had some attention on her after their fight in the tournament?

It's not like they took someone who had one line in the tournament and suddenly elevated her into becoming their next great nakama overnight.

Angry Grimace

Not really what.

Not really that there wouldn't be some reason that she would suddenly appear in front of Lucy again?

Not really that she hasn't been stalking Lucy?

Not really that she hasn't had some attention on her after their fight in the tournament?

It's not like they took someone who had one line in the tournament and suddenly elevated her into becoming their next great nakama overnight.

Juvia was stalking Gray for that entire breather arc before she showed up in the Tower of Heaven. Flare had like two chapters where she had a couple of lines with Lucy after their fight and nothing to indicate she'd be showing up at the Giant's village.

Gamerloid

This is the first time in my life I've heard that much praise for Skypiea. It was so boring to me it made to the a break from OP for months.

There is still a long ways to go in the arc and it's building up. It looks like it is going to be amazing either starting next week or really soon. Oda has said it will be as good as his best arcs. The pieces are in place I'm wondering what he will do with those pieces.
I still get chills thinking about the complete Jaya map being a skull. That back story really captured me. I can see why some would be bored with it though. Sucks that it remained that way for you. It just got so good to me.

If the Tournament is about to pick up, I guess it's time for me to catch up!

upandaway

Hey there, this thread has plenty of Skypiea fans. Jaya is my favorite mini-arc, too.

Where did Oda say that by the way

mhs004

Hey there, this thread has plenty of Skypiea fans. Jaya is my favorite mini-arc, too.

Where did Oda say that by the way

If I remember right he said something like that in the comments in the back of jump. I also heard something to that effect on this thread.

Shokugeki no Soma 21-25

Really enjoyable Shokugeki surprised by the outcome though. Good to see Tadokoro finally get confidence.

I will forever say Skypiea is one of my favourite shounen arcs pure unfettered adventure and I love Enel, his DF is one I would most want to have.

Kuroneko wa Shippo de Amaeru 1

I like Kazuya but not Sakaeuguchi here. I guess my dislike for his design made it hard to get into most of it or even care for him, which is odd as I usually like these type of stories. Maybe if the artist had drew him a bit less old. Hopefully the other stories make up for this one.

I see we are at Skypiea discussions again, damn this thread does go in a cycle :p

I will say once again that Skypiea got too long for my tastes and Enel being wasted potential due to his lack of mantra training.

He still gets props for showing how fucking broken a powerful logia could be at that point (precision lightning strikes, kickstarting his heart, etc) though, then everyone else followed suit.

Pimpwerx

One-Punch Man
WTF did I just read? 3 chapters of sketches, and none of it is continuing the storyline. I thought Saitama had just arrived and was about to destroy Sea King. What's all this other stuff with the #1-3 heroes?

Nevermind. I just saw the raw for the latest chapter. I guess OPM was sketched out as a series, and now it's being redrawn properly. The latest chapter is super short, but nice. PEACE.

Kurita

One-Punch Man
WTF did I just read? 3 chapters of sketches, and none of it is continuing the storyline. I thought Saitama had just arrived and was about to destroy Sea King. What's all this other stuff with the #1-3 heroes? PEACE.

I think you read the version by ONE.

Vox-Pop

Contains Sucralose
Punpun tomorrow, bless you hox.

It feels weird reading punpun when you know what's going to go down. Punpun was still sweet not a monster.

mhs004

Shokugeki

Finally caught up. The breakfast test was kind of meh at first but then got alot better at the end. Kind of exited for the election I can see that being the next arc. Really good series now on to ass class.

Quixzlizx

To Love Ru Darkness 34
So the big romantic gesture is a kiss for someone who's done everything to you but kiss and insert. And he's not going to do it anyway. Poor Momo; we should start suggesting other doomed projects for her to take on.

Baby Steps 179
I just got spoiled on chapter 180 last page, fuck. THIRD TIME'S THE CHARM.

Nisekoi 85
Raku is worse than Rito, stick with Shuu.

I'm super hyped for Shokugeki no Soma 34. I didn't even know the scan was out yesterday.

Dresden

the breaker new waves - 127

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

HOLY FUCKKKKKKKKK

I always laugh because this is so goddamn silly and yet manly as fuck.

scy

Kenichi 533 - Moving towards something big happening. Hopefully.

The Breaker: New Waves 127 - I feel like nothing actually happened. Well, Shioon about to get manly I guess.

Baby Steps 180 - ... ;__;

Edit:

Yamada 72 - I think this arc just sped up.

Angry Grimace

I still don't understand why Yamada just discounted asking Saionji wtf is up with her and discounted just telling Shiraishi about the powers and showing that he can copy them.

El Sloth

Banned
The Breaker: New Waves

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, I totally knew it'd happen chapters ago, but it was still fucking awesome.

Watching this kid just continuously sack up has been one of the most gratifying things. Too bad this means no more Elder Kwon being fucking manly old man for now.

Also,

y3Y7T0n.jpg

You win this round, Dresden.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom