• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTZ| Reading Shounen Garbage < Watching Moe Garbage

Status
Not open for further replies.
UQ Holder

Checked it out and it looks alright plus
Eva will now have someone to hang with for eternity
and I now wonder who that guy with the Negi hair really his (the color page makes the color similar to Negi also)

You'll notice there's no counterpart grave to his in UQ. (he's planning to drag it out into a different manga entirely)

LOL and even though the kid is a Konoe and
Negi's grandson
you can't even take that shit at face value right now.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I'm like 90% sure the MC is just Negi's reincarnation or whatever. Just remember I called it from the beginning three years from now when I'm right.

UQ Holder

Checked it out and it looks alright plus
Eva will now have someone to hang with for eternity
and I now wonder who that guy with the Negi hair really his (the color page makes the color similar to Negi also)

LOL and even though the kid is a Konoe and
Negi's grandson
you can't even take that shit at face value right now.

The only Konoe was Konoka and last we saw she was 100% lesbian.

wonzo

Banned
Ketchup Ninja 24
ketchupninja24.jpg
something about rushed endings and things jumping over sharks

It's too bad that the new group doesn't use the Chinese names like the old one did (although the old one seems to be helping them in some capacity?).
Yeah, it kinda bugged me at first but I really don't mind anymore.

Edit: Browsing the wiki and this is my first time seeing the 3D models for the Kingdom anime outside of the chariot gif. Fuck you, Studio Pierrot.
lol

Acid08

Banned
Into Enies Lobby in OP now. Man, the entire scene with CP9 and the Straw Hats standing across the way from each other is amazing. Burning the flag gave me chills. Definitely was my favorite arc in the anime and I'm loving it even more now.

Into Enies Lobby in OP now. Man, the entire scene with CP9 and the Straw Hats standing across the way from each other is amazing. Burning the flag gave me chills. Definitely was my favorite arc in the anime and I'm loving it even more now.
Are you supporting the mangaka?

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I've got a bandana
to cover up my eyes
I'm swingin' three swords
I'm fighting tonight

I'm Zolo, Rorona Zolo,
Zolo.
I'm Rorona Zolo Zoloooo

Oh man, now I'm imagining a One Piece Kinect. Good thing Japan doesn't like the Xbox and Namco-Bandai wouldn't be crazy enough to crap out a barely-functioning title based on one of their biggest propert- *remembers DBZ for Kinect* Awww crap. At least that didn't come out in Japan.

I'm like 90% sure the MC is just Negi's reincarnation or whatever. Just remember I called it from the beginning three years from now when I'm right.

Oh man you just implied Negi had a 3some with 2 lesbians! LOL.

But seriously there are somethings we can infer from Touta's lineage.

Grandfather= Negi Grandmother= ? One of the 25 plus females not including the ones that weren't romantically involved with him or married someone else or Eva.

Father= ? Mother= ?

Now the question is if it was Touta's father or mother who was Negi's child or not. Seeing as how Touta's last name is Konoe, I'm assuming Negi had a daughter who married the child of Konoka giving the daughter the Konoe name.

But this is Ken Akumatsu so who the hell knows!? Thats even assuming Touta is even Negi's grandchild when he doesn't seem to have any talent for magic so far.

Oh man, now I'm imagining a One Piece Kinect. Good thing Japan doesn't like the Xbox and Namco-Bandai wouldn't be crazy enough to crap out a barely-functioning title based on one of their biggest propert- *remembers DBZ for Kinect* Awww crap. At least that didn't come out in Japan.

To be fair one of Luffy's main attacks (Gum Gum Gatling) is pretty much just rapidly flailing your arms in front of you so it's not like the sensor would have to be super accurate. And heck Jango's dance carnival and zombie night are already a thing in the series.

Acid08

Banned
Some day in the future I will learn to read Japanese and I will purchase all the Japanese volumes, but today is not that day
Same, especially for the Initial D volumes. Partly because the English volumes will always be incomplete but also because the translation issues are fucking egregious.

BatDan

To be fair one of Luffy's main attacks (Gum Gum Gatling) is pretty much just rapidly flailing your arms in front of you so it's not like the sensor would have to be super accurate. And heck Jango's dance carnival and zombie night are already a thing in the series.

Fair enough, and hey if they really don't want to try, they can make half the attacks Third Gear so you don't even have to aim. You can just flail at the screen and you'll win.
Considering how much of a fan of Michael Jackson and Eminem Oda is, I could see parodies of those two in the game.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

Grandfather= Negi Grandmother= ? One of the 25 plus females not including the ones that weren't romantically involved with him or married someone else or Eva.

Father= ? Mother= ?

Now the question is if it was Touta's father or mother who was Negi's child or not. Seeing as how Touta's last name is Konoe, I'm assuming Negi had a daughter who married the child of Konoka giving the daughter the Konoe name.

But this is Ken Akumatsu so who the hell knows!? Thats even assuming Touta is even Negi's grandchild when he doesn't seem to have any talent for magic so far.

As I said, its probably just some kind of incarnation of Negi himself.

Same, especially for the Initial D volumes. Partly because the English volumes will always be incomplete but also because the translation issues are fucking egregious.

lol Still makes me laugh how Tokyopop made Takumi into Tak and changed so much until the backlash of fans.... ;_; I miss Del-ray (and Tokyopop) manga!

hence why I said what I said.

And even if its not her it could a be a family thing where they marry into and at that point it could be negi's son(s) or daughter(s)

Seems like there will be more immortals than those two.

Sounds possible

Angry Grimace

Father= ? Mother= ?

The manga was pretty clear about the fact that both Konoka and Setsuna were attracted to Negi as well as each other. Not even far fetched if you want to be dirty-minded.

El Sloth

Banned
You do realize anyone can go to a library or book store and read any number of manga for free correct?
Which in no way prevents a fan who enjoys a particular author's work from personally supporting them by purchasing the works available.

However, it's not like Oda is exactly hurting for cash anyways.

I'd rather us not get official English releases of manga or official dubs of anime if the translation or localization is so god awful it hurts the franchise reputation in the west.

To this day, I don't think an anime has been butchered as bad as One Piece was by 4Kids. Not to mention the manga situation with One Piece.

Kyoukai no Rinne 145 -

Now, I understand that Rumiko Takahashi has probably made the ways the many dead teenagers who the main characters help out in this series died somewhat absurd because otherwise it'd be incredibly depressing because of there being so many dead young people, but still! (And just about all the ghosts they help out are young. Sure, some chapters have other plotlines, but it always returns to helping out dead kids.), but seriously, I think this one's a new lowlight... so, in this chapter, the way the girl died was... so, she was a baseball team 'manager' girl sitting on the bench, and she was happy that the team actually won a game (they were very, very bad), so she jumped up, hit her head on the dugout roof, and... died from the head injury?

:lol :lol

... Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised of no one has ever died that way, not once... I know the ways these people die are often really stupid, but this one's even more absurd than usual. Well, at least the series can't be taken at all seriously... it does help make it less depressing. But even so... really?

You'll notice there's no counterpart grave to his in UQ. (he's planning to drag it out into a different manga entirely)

If only Ken Akamatsu's works could have stayed as good as the first half of Love Hina was... but unfortunately, it's been all downhill for him ever since Kanako was introduced in that series. Ah well. (Well, the arcs after that on the desert island and in Su's homeland were decent, and the two-chapter ending was good, but that's it; the rest of the second half of Love Hina was disappointing, and what I read of Negima was about on that level as well, unfortunately.)

But yeah, you're probably right that he'll bring up Negi/Asuna again in this series, as if it wasn't drawn out absurdly long already. Sigh...

I'd rather us not get official English releases of manga or official dubs of anime if the translation or localization is so god awful it hurts the franchise reputation in the west.

Well they translated the Crest of the Stars Novels (which was apparently well done since they got help) so I will have a slight soft spot for them but then they didn't continue with the other books. :(

BatDan

To this day, I don't think an anime has been butchered as bad as One Piece was by 4Kids. Not to mention the manga situation with One Piece.

One Piece is up there, but I feel there's worse.
There was a brief run of The Vision of Escaflowne on Fox Kids that cut out large amounts of footage, skipped the first episode, and downplayed the protagonist's role because she was a girl.

One Piece is up there, but I feel there's worse.
There was a brief run of The Vision of Escaflowne on Fox Kids that cut out large amounts of footage, skipped the first episode, and downplayed the protagonist's role because she was a girl.

Nah that OP Localization was fucking terrible .

A similar thing happened with CardCaptor Sakura LOL (IIRC they upgraded Li to near main character status right at the beginning).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom