• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTZ| Reading Shounen Garbage < Watching Moe Garbage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Yeah, I love the cast of SJG. Badass of the week is to be expected though. It's a delinquent manga.

I assume that you've read its successor GTO?

duckroll

Magi

Extreme Magic!

Extreme Magic!

Extreme Magic!

Extreme Magic!

Extreme Magic!

Extreme Magic!

Extreme Magic!

Extreme Magic!

Extreme Magic!

Extreme Magic!

Extreme Magic!

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Super Interesting Darkness 35

The 4Komas were fun to read.

Rito kissed the wrong area.

I would like to say this could lead to something but I expect more slipping and sliding into girls instead.

Soma

To Love-RU Darkness

I just don't know how Yabuki keeps getting away with these sometimes.

Interested to see how Nana reacts to Momo's plan.

Rosario + Vampire 66

WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF!

Mind is blown to hell and back. This shit did not just happen did it!?

Holy shit I thought the mangaka was just extending the manga for no reason but this changes everything!

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Rosario + Vampire 66

WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF!

Holy shit I thought the mangaka was just extending the manga for no reason but this changes everything!

At one point I seem to remember this series as a harem-romantic-comedy with a pretty good art.

Then at some point I randomly read a chapter and all of a sudden it's transformed into super-serious battle manga? Wtf.

Rosario + Vampire 66

WTF WTF WTF WTF WTF!

Well people know about demons now so it should be interesting to see how it goes .
Still
fake moka dying ( well for now maybe ) happen and i did not really care to tell the truth .
Now to see what he plan to do finish it or extend it since he has both option rather easy .

At one point I seem to remember this series as a harem-romantic-comedy with a pretty good art.

Then at some point I randomly read a chapter and all of a sudden it's transformed into super-serious battle manga? Wtf.

It's still the same to tell the truth but fights just got bigger as time went on .
Still the current arc is rather serious since it could be leading up to the final or at least a set up for it if he wants .

Acid08

Banned

Yeah the first series was pretty lighthearted. Then there was attempted rape and crazy violence happening within 20 chapters of the second series and I had to stop.

Theonik

Nozoki Ana 113
Hahaha. Almost there and they still find a way to interrupt. 2 more chapters of this I think?

To Love-ru Darkness 35
2 instances of not very subtle fully drawn female lower regions with no censorship this chapter.
I am really baffled how they get away with this but I'm glad that they do.
This chapter was super crazy. (that dream oh god) Rito's skill continues to amaze too in how he can blow things.
End was super interesting but I guess we wait again.

Aizo

Banned
Yeah, I love the cast of SJG. Badass of the week is to be expected though. It's a delinquent manga.

I assume that you've read its successor GTO?

It's my favorite manga of all time. My first manga were Kindaichi, Doraemon, then GTO, so it holds a special place in my heart.
I started reading Shonan Junai Gumi maybe 8 years ago, but I just recently finished buying all the volumes. I'm pretty hooked. It's very nostalgic for me. Probably one of the things that got me into studying delinquency.

Kurita

I haven't finished SJG yet but I'm still impressed that Fujisawa managed to create such a great main character and universe during all these years.

Kurita

Kurita, I just need to ask, who is that lady in your avatar and what circumstances prompt her to wear such an expression?

It's Nocchi from the Japanese band Perfume.
As for her face, well I don't really know... But here, have the gif version.
wSJPRUZ.gif

I need to look for the video.

One Piece Spoilers

Haha luffy has his first fanboy...awesome hahahahahahhah. Now I guess that chest he was carrying around was filled with his fanboy memoribilia hahaha

OP has the biggest fan base so it make sense to get spoilers for them first .
Plus thanks to AP it much easier to get them compare to a few years ago .
Along with the spoiler guys changing .

Weird part is that Naruto comes out first thanks to fanbase in US and crap, then Bleach and then finally OP.

Gintamen

Nanatsu no Taizai - 44

Yeah right, everything goes as planed, hm don't like this plot turn.

Weird part is that Naruto comes out first thanks to fanbase in US and crap, then Bleach and then finally OP.

Not always. Maybe because OP is harder to get right and to please fans. The first version is only worth looking at the pics, as clumsy as the translations is at times.

remz

Which is the most bloated arc?

DB - Namek
TWGOK - Time travel
Magi - Magnostadt war
HxH - Chimera Ant
Naruto - Shinobi War

Shout if I'm missing something obvious.

If you count the hiatuses definitely the Chimera Ant arc, but without them interrupting I don't think it feels that bloated at all.

I'm leaning towards the Shinobi War but Magnostadt was so bloated it made me stop reading Magi.

OP used to come out first during the war ( or some what around there) but they were few reasons for that .
It was getting even bigger then , the chapters were short and they hardly had any text compare to normal .

Gintamen

The shinobi war takes up 20+% of the manga by now, far too much for such a long series Imo. If only something substantial would have happened during the first 80% of it, like something aside from pushing old legend after old legend into the picture, having no connection in furthering the overall plot at all.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
OP has the biggest fan base so it make sense to get spoilers for them first .
Plus thanks to AP it much easier to get them compare to a few years ago .
Along with the spoiler guys changing .

Bingo. Spoilers come from 2ch, the biggest Japanese forum in the world. Considering One Piece's popularity in Japan, it makes sense for the spoilers to come out first.

Cwarrior

Which is the most bloated arc?

DB - Namek
TWGOK - Time travel
Magi - Magnostadt war
HxH - Chimera Ant
Naruto - Shinobi War

Shout if I'm missing something obvious.

I don't what a twgok is, but am watching HxH chimera ant for the first time and it's incredible, thrilling through out and it's very ambitious with it's plot, I don't care how long an arc is, if it can keep or reach chimera ant level of quality.

I don't know any real human beings that dislike Namek, it wasn't until i came on here that i found out calling something namek arc was negative not a positive, namek had many good moments but it was a lot longer then it needed to be, in the final act not that I minded seeing ssj goku and freeza pummel each other.

Magnostadt is the weakest of the 3 I've seen in your list, at least in those manga they aren't endlessly spamming at some faceless/characterless monster.

But how can you forget the worst of all The Great Namek rape arc in Wolf guy how?

Gintamen

I don't what a twgok is, but am watching HxH chimera ant for first time and it's incredible, thrilling through out and it's very ambitious with it's plot, I don't care how long an arc is, if it can keep or reach chimera ant level of quality.
Watching != reading while it was released + completely different pacing, even reading from the magazine and the tankobon was very different in Togashi's sketch period.

TWGOK: The World God Only Knows.

Amai Hari 1
tumblr_msjwbwZQjt1s5992do1_500.png

Alright character design for Ayato. Didnt like the family cousin much but the device usage led to interesting poses at least. Wish the ending was a bit better. Maybe the other stories improve.

scy

Baby Steps 187 - Wonder how long before a match against this guy happens. Anyway, nice to see a non-Ei-chan match.

Yamada 74 - Oh god, Ushio got thrown away hardcore. Holy shit, that guy. Like, I kind of hope he's just flat out removed from the manga now. I'll just feel too sorry for him if he shows up again.

Odagiri is now main girl. Should be interesting. For like, a few chapters.

Nanatsu no Taizai 44 - A wild Judge has appeared.

Rosario II 46 - bwuh

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Also, if we're talking about really bloated arcs, I'd actually put Bleach's Battle for Fake Karakura over Naruto's war (which suffers from some other issues as well), because while the war is much of the same event, in Bleach the battle had nothing of consequence actually occur. The only thing that actually happened was a shitload of essentially meaningless battles.

Cwarrior

[QUOTE="God's Beard!";79762405]Skypeia is the best arc in One Piece.[/QUOTE]

Skypeia Amazing, better then any arc before it.

Light the fire of Shandora!

Mendrox

How does Yabuki get away in that new chapter of To Love-Ru Darkness. There is pussy everywhere (counted 4, 3 clearley visible...). Guess pussy on the cover is the next level, I am more excited to see how he tries to hide everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom