• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTZ| Reading Shounen Garbage < Watching Moe Garbage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Is the eye of the moon plan even still a thing in the story? The purpose of all of this is...what?

It's basically an irrelevant plot device, e.g. a MacGuffin. Obito technically wants it, but a cursory examination of the story makes it sort of random that he would want it.

Akito

Hoozuki-san Chi no Aneki will get adapted as a live action film
https://twitter.com/manganewsjapon/status/375022971401678849

I would have preferred an anime as always but beggars can't be choosers I guess.

iYWev0W7WZcwr.jpg

eh I don't know, his hand was just forced with the way things were going. Especially because Madara was trying to seize control of the Juubi for himself. I admit it 'feels' sidetracked because usually these kind of plot situations call for shutting down some generator or stopping some super weapon from going off, etc. that's a tangible way for the protagonists to stop the villain whereas Obito has obtained his merger with the juubi and we aren't sure what's holding him back from putting the plan in motion. Does he have to do some kind of ritual that takes time and thus, can't afford to have interference? Or is he just being stupid and fighting everyone when he could just look at the moon and instantly initiate his plan? We don't know and it doesn't matter because it's not happening. Obito's power level is obstacle enough right now.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
eh I don't know, his hand was just forced with the way things were going. Especially because Madara was trying to seize control of the Juubi for himself. I admit it 'feels' sidetracked because usually these kind of plot situations call for shutting down some generator or stopping some super weapon from going off, etc. that's a tangible way for the protagonists to stop the villain whereas Obito has obtained his merger with the juubi and we aren't sure what's holding him back from putting the plan in motion. Does he have to do some kind of ritual that takes time and thus, can't afford to have interference? Or is he just being stupid and fighting everyone when he could just look at the moon and instantly initiate his plan? We don't know and it doesn't matter because it's not happening. Obito's power level is obstacle enough right now.

It makes more sense to me that Obito's motivation was simply to follow Madara because he really didn't know what to do otherwise and Madara was selling something that sounded like a solution. But at this point, it doesn't seem like his outlook ("its not worth living") has any real connection to wanting to construct the Moon's Eye plan; rather, it still seems like Madara's weird idea.

Soma

Iinazuke Kyoutei

Watching this author struggling to stray away from writing a Hentai story is kind of amusing in a way.

(Freckles is best girl)

Haikyuu!! 73
tumblr_mskt03F2221qbxqfpo1_500.png

Maybe a bit too heavy on the study questions, however it did have some stellar moments seeing different situations (Nishinoya and Tanaka, HinataKenma texting). Tsuki in that scene above made me laugh so much, love when he teases the other characters like that. Best. I think I have to agree with the characters though, Kageyama not being really driven academically is a bit shocking.

Hoozuki-san Chi no Aneki will get adapted as a live action film
https://twitter.com/manganewsjapon/status/375022971401678849

I would have preferred an anime as always but beggars can't be choosers I guess.

iYWev0W7WZcwr.jpg

Boo, I'd rather see an anime. The manga was incredibly fun to read. The anime could've been the next Nichijou or Daily Lives of Highschool Boys.

Wakabayashi Toshiya’s 4-koma Collection 02

JuRnSvc.jpg

What an amazing trolling love confession.

Nice art, pretty funny. Keeping an eye on this.

Pimpwerx

Claymore
Neat chapter. Priscilla show real emotion slicing that old dude up. I'm fine with the chapter, but what the hell did Clarissa do there at the end? That's not an ability seen before in the series. How did she just disappear? PEACE.

Spoilers are out. I suppose since the chapter isn't out, I'll tag them.

Naruto finally combines Kyuubi and Sage mode!

I suppose this means the two Kyuubi halves joining is his final "power-up". Also, the volume ends in 3 chapters I believe so either Obito is getting another power boost or he's a goner in 2-4 chapters. Not completely "gone" but defeated.

Spoilers are out. I suppose since the chapter isn't out, I'll tag them.

Naruto finally combines Kyuubi and Sage mode!

I suppose this means the two Kyuubi halves joining is his final "power-up". Also, the volume ends in 3 chapters I believe so either Obito is getting another power boost or he's a goner in 2-4 chapters. Not completely "gone" but defeated.

You're a tad late to the party we already kind of discussed it last page :C

lol just checked.

Luffy will eventually give the devil fruit to Sabo.

Please let me believe.

There's no way Oda would let Luffy win it just to give it to her. He probably wants to keep it on the ship.
Sabo is coming. He is definitely showing up at the end of this arc with his smiling face!!!

Why is everyone so sure that Sabo will make an appearance at this arc? Did I miss something?

On ace's grave there were 3 sake cups and Oda seemed to imply when asked it meant another person visited ace's grave aka "that person" as he put it. He could have been trolling though hard to say

I'm not saying it will happen now. I can see Luffy keeping the devil fruit on the ship and not knowing what to do with it. And in classic Oda fashion, after Luffy sees Sabo again and they talk, Luffy hands him the devil fruit with zero fanfare and shocked reactions.

On ace's grave there were 3 sake cups and Oda seemed to imply when asked it meant another person visited ace's grave aka "that person" as he put it. He could have been trolling though hard to say

I know Sabo is alive but my only issue with that is why would he not say anything to Luffy or Ace? How did he hide for, what, 10-15 years? Why did he? How did Ace NEVER encounter him again or hear rumors? Why wouldn't anyone else on Dragon's crew mention it to Luffy and if Nico was with Dragon for two years, why wouldn't she mention it either? Or is Dragon/Sabo that secretive?

I love you Oda, so much to cover in the series.

I'm not saying it will happen now. I can see Luffy keeping the devil fruit on the ship and not knowing what to do with it. And in classic Oda fashion, after Luffy sees Sabo again and they talk, Luffy hands him the devil fruit with zero fanfare and shocked reactions.

I'd rather it'd be a shocking twist, like luffy wins it then sabo steals it, eats it in front of him, then reveals his alliance with black beard

I know Sabo is alive but my only issue with that is why would he not say anything to Luffy or Ace? How did he hide for, what, 10-15 years? Why did he? How did Ace NEVER encounter him again or hear rumors? Why wouldn't anyone else on Dragon's crew mention it to Luffy and if Nico was with Dragon for two years, why wouldn't she mention it either? Or is Dragon/Sabo that secretive?

I love you Oda, so much to cover in the series.

I once had a crazy thought that the reason Oda has still not shown us a glimpse of Kaido is that Kaido is really Sabo

I'd rather it'd be a shocking twist, like luffy wins it then sabo steals it, eats it in front of him, then reveals his alliance with black beard

That would piss me off to no end. Luffy has enough enemies to battle before the end and his former best friend should be one of the powerful allies he needs.

I'm pretty sure Dragon and Luffy's ideologies will clash as Dargon obviously has different plans for the world so I'm assuming Sabo will clash with Luffy but not with intentions to hurt him.

I once had a crazy thought that the reason Oda has still not shown us a glimpse of Kaido is that Kaido is really Sabo

I feel like Oda kept two emperors for the second act. Whitebeard and Shanks for the beginning, Big Mom and Kaido for timeskip. If Kaido is Sabo...damn. Never even thought of that.

Also, he needs to explain how Shanks, a man with no apparent devil fruit and one arm, is an emperor and so widely feared.

I love this manga.

That would piss me off to no end. Luffy has enough enemies to battle before the end and his former best friend should be one of the powerful allies he needs.

I'm pretty sure Dragon and Luffy's ideologies will clash as Dargon obviously has different plans for the world so I'm assuming Sabo will clash with Luffy but not with intentions to hurt him.

I'm not 100% convinced Sabo is alive and in some ways I'd rather he stay dead. Why should Luffy be exempt from having a friend or family member die in his origin story? If sabo truly is alive it would raise a lot of questions.

Former childhood friends fighting it out filled with tears and passion.

Just think of the doujins.

DTL would cry, then be very excited when those doujins came out

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I feel like Oda kept two emperors for the second act. Whitebeard and Shanks for the beginning, Big Mom and Kaido for timeskip. If Kaido is Sabo...damn. Never even thought of that.

Also, he needs to explain how Shanks, a man with no apparent devil fruit and one arm, is an emperor and so widely feared.

I love this manga.

Shanks is probably just a straight up badass in the same way Silvers Rayleigh is. I mean Rayleigh went toe to toe with an admiral and fought him to a stand still, normal dudes can be total bosses as well. Look at Garp as well, normal dude and yet a total badass.

I love this manga.

Because Haki, remember when Shanks went on white beards crew people passed out just by being near him. Also before losing his arm he was a rival swordsman to mihawk the worlds greatest swordsman, and even without it he fought evenly with white beard.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Because Haki, remember when Shanks went on white beards crew people passed out just by being near him. Also before losing his arm he was a rival swordsman to mihawk the worlds greatest swordsman, and even without it he fought evenly with white beard.

Straight up, Shanks needs no explanation. Blackbeard having two fruits does and I am sure we'll get it down the line at some point.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Hasn't Oda flat out said Sabo is dead?

Edit: Yep

From the OP wikia.

Dude could be lying I guess.

Even if this is true, he can just as easily invent a "Resurrection Fruit!" or something like that.

Something to consider: assume all characters in One Piece right now are stripped off from their Devil Fruit powers, does the power scale still the same or will we see a radically different positioning?

Even if this is true, he can just as easily invent a "Resurrection Fruit!" or something like that.

Something to consider: assume all characters in One Piece right now are stripped off from their Devil Fruit powers, does the power scale still the same or will we see a radically different positioning?

Poor Chopper :(

Skab

So after seeing gaf talk about it so much, I decided to read Magi. Am all caught up now, but is this ending soon? It feels like it's ending soon, but the series has such odd pacing that I'm not sure.

So after seeing gaf talk about it so much, I decided to read Magi. Am all caught up now, but is this ending soon? It feels like it's ending soon, but the series has such odd pacing that I'm not sure.

Either you're with us and know magi isn't ending anytime soon, or you're with duckroll who thinks it will end by next summer.

Doesn't Brook already have that fruit?

I think he means a fruit that straight up gives someone the power to rez others not the power to revive yourself once.

Korosenai

Just thinking about the future of One Piece has me excited. There is so much shit we haven't even seen yet, I don't know how Oda's gonna pull it off.

The reveal of Big Mom and the fight against her.
We still don't really know anything about Kaido, and i'm sure he alone will have his own arc.
There is still a secret warlord we know nothing about.
The reveal of Dragon and the revolutionaries (could possibly be its own arc as well).
A possible war between pirates and the marines.
The new alliance between Kidd, Apoo, and Hawkins.
Luffy still hasn't even fought Doflamingo yet.
The Void Century.
Luffy really hasn't even explored the New World at all, still more places and islands to see.

I could literally go on and on.

edit: We still haven't seen Vegapunk, and i'm sure he'll get a huge reveal.
The explanation of devil fruits, what they are, how they were created, why Blackbeard can have two.

Blackbeard would be the worst off. He can't fight well and doesn't seem to use his powers in creative ways, he just "throws" it out there.

Just thinking about the future of One Piece has me excited. There is so much shit we haven't even seen yet, I don't know how Oda's gonna pull it off.

The reveal of Big Mom and the fight against her.
We still don't really know anything about Kaido, and i'm sure he alone will have his own arc.
There is still a secret warlord we know nothing about.
The reveal of Dragon and the revolutionaries (could possibly be its own arc as well).
A possible war between pirates and the marines.
The new alliance between Kidd, Apoo, and Hawkins.
Luffy still hasn't even fought Doflamingo yet.
The Void Century.
Luffy really hasn't even explored the New World at all, still more places and islands to see.

I could literally go on and on.

edit: We still haven't seen Vegapunk, and i'm sure he'll get a huge reveal.
The explanation of devil fruits.

Don't forget, his crew mates and what they have learned, especially Nico and the Revolutionaries.
Blackbeard having two devil fruits.
Luffy's past. He has to be related to Roger in some way (the best theory being Roger and Dragon are brothers).
Sabo.

I don't think roger and dragon are brothers, they're both connected by the will of d whatever that is. Jaguar d Saul is also a member of the d line and somehow I doubt he's closely related to either dragon or roger lol. Probably the d's are connected back to the void century and the nation that vanished to the world government

Korosenai

Don't forget, his crew mates and what they have learned, especially Nico and the Revolutionaries.
Blackbeard having two devil fruits.
Luffy's past. He has to be related to Roger in some way (the best theory being Roger and Dragon are brothers).
Sabo.
Zoro will still have to fight Mihawk sometime too.
The eventual reunion between Jimbei and Luffy, with Jimbei joining the crew.

Soma

That reminds me, my friend is a few chapters behind on SnK.

I gotta use this and wonder if he'll believe this really happened.

Let's see how that worked out:

[10:06:39 PM] Soma: oh yeah i forgot
[10:06:50 PM] Soma: what was the last thing you remember from the SnK manga
[10:11:42 PM] [redacted]: uhhhhh shit… ummmmm… fight starting among titan people?
[10:12:09 PM] [redacted]: and them talking about how old they actually are
[10:13:09 PM] [redacted]: whyyyyyy?
[10:13:27 PM] Soma: ah okay
[10:13:33 PM] Soma: because shit's gotten pretty crazy lately
[10:13:36 PM] Soma: http://i.imgur.com/xXWVdZr.jpg
[10:14:14 PM] [redacted]: ……. WHAT THA FUCK!?!?!?!
[10:14:45 PM] [redacted]: no no no that has to be what someone is thinking… not what actually happens
[10:15:24 PM] [redacted]: hahahahah though I do LOVE armin's titan form hahahaha
[10:15:51 PM] Soma: hahaha
[10:16:05 PM] Soma: it was a slight joke from the author/artist
[10:16:17 PM] [redacted]: oh crap you scared the shit out of me hahaha
[10:16:20 PM] Soma: the spread was a "preview" for the next volume

lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom