• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March is a pretty big month for gaming, what are you buying?

Bloodborne.

MLB 15: The Show for Vita. I couldn't resist the $20 preorder on Amazon (for a download code in a box)

I would have paid $40 for FF Type-0 on Vita, but $60+ for a PS4 version?

I'll grab a used copy for $20 in the summer instead.

Bloodborne. It's been a hell of a ride since the first pics and gifs of Project Beast.

I'll try to buy a copy of Monster Hutner 4 Ultimate
and maybe, just maybe Final Fantasy Type-0.

ironcreed

Banned
My revised list.

Bloodborne (pre-ordered awhile back)
Zombie Army Trilogy (bought a few days ago)
Ori and the Blind Forest
Bladestorm Nightmare
Toukiden Kiwami

March 10 will destroy me. Atelier Shallie + Cities: Skylines are my two most anticipated titles of the year so far and I expect to get plenty of hours from both.

As for the rest of March, it's not as exciting but thanks to cheap pre-orders and other shenanigans I have Code Name S.T.E.A.M., Pillars of Eternity, Story of Seasons and the second episode of Life Is Strange coming to me. And thanks to my financial idiocy, I also have a collector's edition of Type-0 HD arriving soon.

I think the only other things I'm considering are Oreshika (I keep hearing good things and the price is pretty good) and the Forza Fast & Furious pack (free = no-brainer). Bloodborne isn't my thing, sadly, or at least not until I can stomach Demon's Souls enough to actually play through that game. Nothing else really catches my fancy except maybe Sid Meier's Starships and I don't know enough about that game to say if it's something I actually want, especially after being burned a bit by Civ: Beyond Earth.

GeoramA

Just finished four indie games in a row and now I'm in the mood for something meaty.

Considering Type-0, plus I really want that FFXV demo, but $60 seems pretty steep...

TM94

Planning not to buy anything, got a lot of Plus games that deserve some time.

OlliOlli 2, Counterspy, Oddworld, Thomas Was Alone and Fez all to play.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
Just Helldivers. Need to work in my back log.

RustCohle

Neo Member
I feel as though I should buy Bloodborne just because it's Bloodborne, however I've only just started playing through Dark Souls. I haven't gotten my ass kicked enough in that yet

Bloodbourne for sure cuz I've been thrilled since Project Beast gifs.
Hotline Miami 2 looks really fun. Going to get it for my Vita.
Still thinking about FF Type-0, but I really want the XV demo =(
Also thinking about renting BF:Hardline just to taste the full game to find out if its worth buying.

Cdammen

Cities: Skylines (PC) - March 10
Pillars of Eternity (PC) - March 26

Only those two interest me. I need to finish Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze, and play some more Wario Ware DIY :)

looks meh to me. I got FF Type 0 on PSP since ages and I am not double dipping for a localization. Codename Steam got me hoocked so ill get that. Ill get bloodborne and witcher 3 too. compared to usual march its pretty meh. i may get tipping stars and mario party 10

Funny how 3DS is the best system so far this year (no kirby in europe yet :()

Derpyduck

Banned
Never played any DLC for Borderlands 2, and previewers are now saying the game runs at a consistent 60 fps. So I'm definitely getting that now on PS4. Bloodborne will have to wait.

Ashilyn

Resident Evil Revelations 2
Assassin’s Creed Rogue
DmC Devil May Cry: Definitive Edition
Hotline Miami 2
Code Name: S.T.E.A.M.
Final Fantasy Type-0
Mario Party 10
Bloodborne
Borderlands: The Handsome Collection
Axiom Verge
MLB 15 The Show

So much money T_T I'll probably settle for RERev2, STEAM, Type-0, and Axiom Verge.

dhoov86

Neo Member
I'm in for:

Hotline Miami 2
Bloodborne
Axiom Verge

My Vita is going to be getting a workout with all these great games coming this month. Just bought Danganronpa 1 & 2 also.

draetenth

Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines is the only thing from the list that I might buy. I backed Pillars of Eternity so while I would get it, I'm technically not buying it this month.

UCBooties

Helldivers (PS4, PS3, Vita) - March 3 (Maybe)
OlliOlli 2 (PS4, Vita) - March 3 (PS Plus)
Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines (Vita) - March 3
Atelier Shallie: Alchemists of the Dusk Sea (PS3) - March 10 (Maybe)
Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters (PS3, Vita) - March 10
Code Name: S.T.E.A.M. (3DS) - March 13
Awakened Fate Ultimatum (PS3) - March 17
Bladestorm: Nightmare (Xbox One, PS4, PS3) - March 17
Final Fantasy Type-0 (Xbox One, PS4) - March 17
Bloodborne (PS4) - March 24
Borderlands: The Handsome Collection (Xbox One, PS4) - March 24 (Maybe)
Toukiden: Kiwami (PS4, Vita) - March 31

Bold is for things that are already bought or paid off.

DirtyLarry

Currently own...
OlliOlli2
White Night
Zombie Army Trilogy

The only one I planned on owning was OlliOlli2, other 2 were spur of the moment purchases, and overall glad I purchased ZAT. WN feel like I could have held off, but still love the visual style.

Also for sure picking up
Hotline Miami 2
Fast And Furious FH2 Expansion

Finally, I am renting via GameFly
Bloodborne
Hardline

I am just not sure I will love either game, so renting them first to see, then if I like them, will use either Amazon credit or my GCU discount to pick one up if I really do like either.

The End

Already got OlliOlli2 from PS+

Hotline Miami 2 is a given, Axiom Verge is a maybe.

FF-Type 0 first, then Bloodborne.

Sigh.

Well, at least April is a slow month.

reKon

Banned
I never buy games day one anymore. I might pick Ori. I might fuck around and pick up Drive Club while I'm at it.

I bought XCOM Enemy Unknown two days ago, and EDGE for 3DS a bit before that.

The only other thing I am planning to buy is Hotline Miami 2.

Qassim

The three coming out this week are probably all.

Cities: Skylines (PC)
Sid Meier's Starships (PC)
Hotline Miami 2 (PC)

Buy: Sylvanas bundle in HotS when she releases.

Maybe: Codename: S.T.E.A.M., Bloodborne, DmC remaster and Sid Meier's Starship.

Starship would be a must buy if Beyond Earth hadn't been such a colossal disappointment. I'm waiting on user reviews (not magazines, websites or let's play-ers) before buying. There's such a stark contrast between the Steam user reviews for BE versus the aggregate on metacritic. Codename: S.T.E.A.M. looks neat but Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate has pretty much monopolised all of my portable gaming time. Bloodborne looks amazing but I didn't play through Dark Souls 1 or 2 despite buying both and absolutely loving Demon's Souls (which I played and replayed). WoW and HotS have been eating up a lot of my gaming time as well. I don't want to buy Bloodborne until I'm ready to sit down and play it.

Qwyjibo

I already have ordered: Bloodborne, MLB The Show 15 and Story of Seasons all for March 31, I think.

Pillars of Eternity is March too!?! Ok that one too then since I backed it. Geez. I probably won't even touch it for a month or so.

I'm hoping to finish Shadow of Mordor (almost done), Ocarina of Time 3D and Metal Gear Solid (the first one) by the end of the month to make room for all of these plus others in my backlog. I should take a leave of absence from work. Just spend a whole month playing video games.

I've been keeping it cool with March until now. But I'm starting to feel the latter half of the month approaching.

I'm usually 'one game at a time' kind of guy, and my plan was Helldivers into Final Fantasy Type 0 into maybe Bloodborne and into April and it's releases.

Now I ended up ordering Borderlands remaster, I am still well into Helldivers and I realized Final Fantasy is coming next week. One week for a Final Fantasy title is not enough, is it?

This is horrible in a good way.

Also I am on the fence with so many games my fence looks like this

NYBirds_20130114.jpg

And I just realized Axiom Verge is this month too. Yikes.

Top Bottom