• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Madness 2017 |OT| The Committee Doesn't Know What They're Doing

Status
Not open for further replies.

scoobs

gg arkansas. oh well.

no denying, refs handed them the game*

in what way, that he did it or I brought it up?

He is an unbelievable player, and they beat us at Rupp this year, they are a great team

but no denying that between the stuff with bragg, the alleged rape, and the trouble with jackson, Kansas has had alot of off the court issues that don't seem to be talked about much.
Because the Bragg stuff was cleared by video evidence as not actually happening. There is no rape case associated with any ku player, zero evidence of that. Jackson case was settled, he vandalized a car. I know you hate Kansas and all, but come on man. This shit has been talked about to death all season, the Kansas City Star has had a full front page story every day of the last 2 months.

D

Deleted member 12837

Unconfirmed Member
I do not have a good feeling about this game. Not at all.

mjp2417

Banned
The missed tipped ball was almost certainly meaningless given that there was only 1 second left on the shot clock (still, how the fuck do you miss that with instant replay), but that non-charge call completely changed the dynamic of the last minute.

nillapuddin

Because the Bragg stuff was cleared by video evidence as not actually happening. There is no rape case associated with any ku player, zero evidence of that. Jackson case was settled, he vandalized a car. I know you hate Kansas and all, but come on man.

.. I actually dont hate Kansas at all ...

However, I do think they get the benefit of the doubt in the media.

*Its still not becoming of a man to threaten to beat a womans ass and vandalize her car. you cant honestly defend that.

If that happened at UK, the player would be crucified and the first topic on Sportscenter

DominoKid

Man URI got some ugly jerseys. The shorts fuck it up

Nilla, controversy at KU just doesn't move the needle compared to UK like that man. Of course they ain't talking about it.

Same with the tripper over at Duke being a massive deal.

scoobs

.. I actually dont hate Kansas at all ...

However, I do think they get the benefit of the doubt in the media.

*Its still not becoming of a man to threaten to beat a womans ass and vandalize her car. you cant honestly defend that.

If that happened at UK, the player would be crucified and the first topic on Sportscenter
If you lived in the Kansas City area, or even just read the KC star for the last few months you would know they have been publishing stories daily trying to get our players in trouble, some of the stories completely fabricated with zero evidence and they're publishing them anyways. It's been a nightmare. What we have had this year is the exact opposite of benefit of the doubt.

If you don't hate Kansas then my bad I misjudged you, Youll have to excuse me but you did randomly bring this off the court stuff up during a NCAA tourney thread, as if it had anything to do with it.

D

Deleted member 12837

Unconfirmed Member
Normally I'm the second most pessimistic Duke fan on this board behind truly but South Carolina is legitimately terrible.

They should win this game comfortably.

I'm just envisioning Thornwell going off for 30 and our guys going ice cold from behind the arc.

Is it weird that I get less and less nervous before games the further we go in the tournament?

Proelite

I'm just envisioning Thornwell going off for 30 and our guys going ice cold from behind the arc.

Is it weird that I get less and less nervous before games the further we go in the tournament?

Weve won so much that were more worried about the cobsequences of losing rather than the reward of winning.

Earlier round teams are an unknown quality with strange players and different coaches. Later round games are the same old teams usually and they come with the added comfort of heavily scouted researched players and coaches.

nillapuddin

If you lived in the Kansas City area, or even just read the KC star for the last few months you would know they have been publishing stories daily trying to get our players in trouble, some of the stories completely fabricated with zero evidence and they're publishing them anyways. It's been a nightmare. What we have had this year is the exact opposite of benefit of the doubt.

Clearly I hit a soft spot, if thats your team I get it, I dont know what your local media does, but national media they were never a huge story.

I get that Bragg was later cleared (although IIRC he was suspended later with no reason given), but Jackson did what he did. I cant deny that the dorm thing is suspicious, but yes there is no evidence.

I respect the talent, but I dont respect the attitude thats all.

In our offseason Derek Willis was arrested (and I think it was dropped?) that he may have been driving drunk, idk if that caught on national news but I wouldnt deny it happened

Nilla, controversy at KU just doesn't move the needle compared to UK like that man. Of course they ain't talking about it.

Same with the tripper over at Duke being a massive deal.

yeah, thats more of it than anything I suppose.

still, blue bloods gotta stick together man, gg

D

Deleted member 12837

Unconfirmed Member
lol they're booing Amile putting his contact in

edit: well fuck, Amile lost an arm

Never mind you're right.

Thornwell going for 50

and the refs will make sure half of Duke has fouled out

D

Deleted member 12837

Unconfirmed Member
This is going to be one of those 40+ foul brawls of a game, isn't it?

D

Deleted member 12837

Unconfirmed Member
Make that 50 fouls. 11 already and we're only 8 min in.

K's jacket is already off. Might be a record.

This announcing team is rough.

Not even just Webber stumbling through analysis of players he clearly never watched play before 2 weeks ago.

The play by play is getting all kinds of names and facts wrong.

Lehigh was 2012. Mercer 2014.

lt519

Refs sucked but RI gave that away not rebounding. Same thing happened to Wichita, last two possessions and no quality shots.

If you're a college coach you HAVE to have a timeout left by the end of the game.

You just can't leave the game in hand of the players at that point.

They have no concept of how to run an actual play and 99.8% aren't good enough for hero ball

It's happened several times this tournament. Wichita had two non possessions with chances to win/tie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom