• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Madness 2017 |OT| The Committee Doesn't Know What They're Doing

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you're a college coach you HAVE to have a timeout left by the end of the game.

You just can't leave the game in hand of the players at that point.

They have no concept of how to run an actual play and 99.8% aren't good enough for hero ball

Tall4Life

Absolutely pitiful refereeing there in the Oregon game. RI lost it near the end but having those 200 "fouls" really didn't help.

Oh well, Michigan will trounce them

D

Deleted member 12837

Unconfirmed Member
So is that 2 fouls on all of our guards now?

Might see some Jack White tonight.

nillapuddin

IIRC at one point this year, UK went through a stretch of 4 straight games where there were 45 fouls called in each game. It was unwatchable, refs this year seem to be completely out of control.

They are either breathing down the players necks, or letting them get away with murder.

D

Deleted member 12837

Unconfirmed Member
This is the least comfortable 7-point halftime lead. If Matt Jones hadn't channeled his inner Baylor game Andre Dawkins, we'd be in a lot of trouble.

Andy Enfield almost got fired last year, this year he just misses the sweet 16 and has a pretty nice incoming class. Maybe the USC sleeping giant is starting to wake.

D

Deleted member 12837

Unconfirmed Member
Jesus this crowd smells blood. It's loud in there and it's not Duke fans.

South Carolina's got one hell of a defense, and if they had some better shooters (Other than Thornwell) they'd be one of the better teams in the league.

lt519

Had big money on URI and Wichita State straight up, such narrow losses that could have easily gone the other way. Super bummed, serves me right for gambling. Hurts worse with URI since that's where I'm from and my sister and brother went to school. I grew up watching Cutino Mobley and Tyson Wheeler beat Kansas and then fold a huge lead to Stanford in the Elite Eight. Actually met those guys and both Hurley's at some basketball camps.

Frustrating ways to lose, rather of been blown out by 30.

D

Deleted member 12837

Unconfirmed Member
South Carolina's got one hell of a defense, and if they had some better shooters (Other than Thornwell) they'd be one of the better teams in the league.

Seriously. In the 1st half, they missed 11 more shots than Duke took (28 vs. 17)

Falchion

Duke fans shitted on him last year, but a sophomore Thornton would be extremely useful to this Duke team.

He was still basically a high schooler last year so yeah, I'm sure he would've improved a ton and helped us since we don't have a "true" point guard.

Also thank god for Grayson.

D

Deleted member 12837

Unconfirmed Member
Duke fans shitted on him last year, but a sophomore Thornton would be extremely useful to this Duke team.

Not sure that's true. Dude's Dad was almost as bad as LaVar. Can't imagine adding that toxicity to an already rocky/crazy season.

This game is over, btw. GG S Carolina. Fuck, this season has been frustrating and disappointing, with the ACCT being the lone bright spot.

D

Deleted member 12837

Unconfirmed Member
I mean I at least thought we'd make it to SMU in the Sweet Sixteen before getting upset (and then they had to go and lose too, go figure).

TraBuch

Banned
Feeling a lot like that Arizona game in 2011. Leading at halftime, but it just didn't feel good, then in the second half they come out and just destroy us.

Falchion

That whole possession was just suffocating. We only got bailed out by a nice move on the baseline by Tatum at the end of the shot clock.

D

Deleted member 12837

Unconfirmed Member
Normally I'd say bring Luke back at this point even with 4 fouls, but he's more shook than the rest of our team combined.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom