• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

March Wrasslin' |OT| Don't Forget, You're Here Forever.

Mahonay

Banned
TIME TO PLAY THE GAME

CcfAVTFUMAAJEd8.jpg
Fuck

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Paige is in a really weird spot. She's losing a lot, but she's still in a ton of marketing.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Paige isn't actually bad at wrestling (IMO, of course) though. I think she can hang with Becky and Charlotte and isn't as good as Sasha or Bayley, but that's not a horrible place to be.

The Total Divas thing does not help.

Was it me or was that Divas match pretty awful?

I definitely like Ambrose the mic worker more than Ambrose the wrestler. The dude is also getting really bad with selling his injuries. He walks to the ring all hunched and broken, then proceeds to move around while on the mic like nothing is wrong.

jmdajr

Paige isn't actually bad at wrestling (IMO, of course) though. I think she can hang with Becky and Charlotte and isn't as good as Sasha or Bayley, but that's not a horrible place to be.

The Total Divas thing does not help.

That show is an albatross. Diva title until that shit is cancelled.

Just give us two titles lol!(that means they'll have to get me to care even more) but it's hilarious, how that brandings has destroyed the title completely. Maybe when Sasha wins it she'll go on about how she plans to change it.

From what I've heard of the Divas match it sounded like it suffered from typical shit RAW booking issues.

It was just sloppy as hell.

I don't know why every Diva's match starts off with them doing the "I'm going to pin you and then you pin me" routine. Every single time it ends up in them each locking eyes, pausing and then making the move.

Becky is also messing up a ton. I think she is too hyped and anxious to do things which is resulting in a bunch of missed spots.

Angry Grimace

From what I've heard of the Divas match it sounded like it suffered from typical shit RAW booking issues.

It was the only actual match on the show (everything else was a sub-5 minute squash, and Ziggler got pinned clean in a minute flat) and it was basically Raw-tier except for an ending that was either poorly planned out or botched by Sasha, but in any case widely predicted by everyone that knew that Sasha and Becky are by far the most over workers in the women's division and Charlotte is mostly just there to drop the title.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
In the end I don't mind how the divas match ended purely because it was clear exactly what it meant. We're getting a triple threat at mania. It's gonna be great.

The sad part is hearing the newer women in podcasts pretty much all being like "heh, yeah hopefully we can get it changed into the uh.... women's title eh......heh ......heh......" They hate the title but there's not much they can do

I thought the Becky/Sasha match was solid besides the dumb finish. I'd rather see them KO each other and get 10 counted or something

Kaladin

Vince in gorilla after the Divas match on Raw : The crowd wants a triple threat? Book a rematch on Smackdown and we'll flip a coin for the winner.

Angry Grimace

I assume getting a big match at WrestleMania is something that matters to the performers, so I think it would be wrong to exclude Becky Lynch from it because she's not as over as Sasha, but (through not fault of her own) Sasha also hasn't done anything. The (to what extent we can argue) women's division has been better recently in large part thanks to Becky being assigned an angle that actually went somewhere and Becky pretty much carried the entire angle while Charlotte stood around flubbing her lines.

MG310

It was similar to their last match that I think was at the last UK Raw.

Just a bit of miscommunication it seems..I'm pretty sure Becky was supposed to avoid that baseball slide and then come back with her own but instead Sasha turned, came right at her and she had to no-sell it and do hers anyway.

They're going to kill it at WM though.

Hopefully this time away allows them to actually find a good spot to fit Paige in. Her character has been fucked ever since the AJ's Frenemy thing and then the incredibly poor and drawn out PCB turn.

Angry Grimace

Man that's interesting, i wonder what really happened; she been MIA for a while now.

If you're not in the TV scene you're just a face in the crowd. It works that way with the men too, its just that so much more of the show is dedicated to what they are doing so there are a lot more options for them to stay on TV, e.g. Ziggler.

Son Of D

Didn't Paige suffer a concussion recently or something along those lines?

It would explain her absence from TV. Wouldn't explain all the losses though.

Silent_Z

Didn't Paige suffer a concussion recently or something along those lines?

It would explain her absence from TV. Wouldn't explain all the losses though.
If you need to build heels, and can't have one of your two top faces(title hunt, not necessarily popularity) take a loss, options dwindle. Nattie can only lose so many matches in a given week. Women's division is a pretty small pool.

Angry Grimace

If you need to build heels, and can't have one of your two top faces(title hunt, not necessarily popularity) take a loss, options dwindle. Nattie can only lose so many matches in a given week. Women's division is a pretty small pool.

Even on NXT they have a pool of like 3 cute girls who job every week.

Angry Grimace

Nxt actually has a jobber pool. Main roster has...Brie and Alicia? Maybe Summer Rae?

Alicia Fox, Brie Bella, Natalya, Summer Rae, Tamina and Paige are all non-TV acts and Charlotte, Becky and Sasha are the main TV people. The women's roster on NXT isn't even really smaller than the main roster's.

Top Bottom